- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Redifining Digital Poverty : A Study on Target Changes of the Digital Divide Survey for Disabilities, Low-Income and Elders
정보소외계층 재정의를 통한 정책방향의 제시: 정보격차조사 모집단으로서 장애인, 저소득층, 장노년층을 중심으로
- Lee, Hyangsoo (Dept. of Public Administration, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Seong-Hoon (Dept. of Economics, Korea University) ;
- Choi, Jeong-A (Dept. of Digital Culture, National Information Society Agency)
- Received : 2016.01.14
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
The definition of digital poverty has not been changed since it was used at the first digital divide survey in 2000s. The objective of this study is to reexamine and redefine digital poverty targets of digital divide survey. This study examines the present state for the target of the digital divide survey focusing on Disabilities, Low-Income and Elders and then redefines digital poverty for them. The results suggest to reexamine 15 types of disabilities by the revised the Disabled Welfare Law as digital divide targets, rather than limiting to physical, brain, hearing and visual disabilities. For the low-income target, people on the second-to-the bottom income bracket as well as those on basic welfare should be included as the target of low-income people for digital poverty. The age of the elder target for digital poverty should be adjusted to sixty-five or more in the era of aging population.
Digital Divide;Digital Poverty;Digital Divide Survey;Disabled;Low-Income;Elders
- Y. M. Ku, M. K. Kim, T. W. Lim, C. Y. Kim, "A study on Activating Mid-Long Term Education of Damage Prevention for Information Alienated Class in the Smart Environment", Korea Communications Commission, 2012.
- W. S. Kang, H. S, Yang, "A Study on Efficient Policies of solving the Digital Divide for Weak Layers in the Smart Phone Convergence Era", Journal of Digital Convergence, v.10 no.1, pp.29-38, 2012
- S. Y. Lee & M. J. Cheong, "A Study on 'Platform' e-Government for Reducing the digital divide in a Multicultural Society of S. Korea", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12 No.1 pp.1-12, 2014.
- C. J. Yoo, K. T. Kim, S. H. Lim, "The Study on welfare service of multicultural families youth", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.10, No.5, pp.19-26, 2012.
- S. K. Cho & Y. Noh, "A Study on web-based employment model for the disabled vocational rehabilitation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.2 No.1 pp.75-91, 2004.
- H. Y. Kim, "Handicapped Persons and Internet : Comparing Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11 No.10 pp.75-91, 2013.
- K. S. Hong, "The level and Characteristics of New Digital Divide", New digital divide Plan Seminar proceedings, 2014.
- source : The Survey on the digital divide index & Status(National Information Society Agency, 2005-2014)
- Y. H. Kim, "National sectoral National Archives Search", Disabled Welfare Act, 2015.
- K. W.Lee, D. J. Shin, H. J. Ku, E. J. Kim, "Leisure Activation Plan of Low-Income". Korea Culture & Tourism Policy Institute, 2007.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, "Poverty Measurement Surveys", KIHASA, 2013.
- H. T. Yang, S. H. Noh, J. C. Hyun, "Social Welfare for the person with Disabilities", Jungminsa, 2012.
- H. W. Lee, "Analysis for the next higher tier using financial panel", Finance Forum, Korea Institute of Public Finance
- D. C. Kwak, J. O. Yun, K. Shim, J. H. Kim, "Library Service Expansion Strategy of the Eliminating the Digital Divide for Digital Poverty", The National Library of Korea, 2011.
- M. Y. Kim, D. J. Seo, J. B. Byun, J. K. Kang, "ICT-based Living in the Contact Type Service Model for Self-life Support of the Elder ly Living Alone", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13 no.4, pp.25-38, 2015.
- I. K. Jeon, J. H. Chung, "Study of GUI design convergence guideline for the users of aged generation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13 no.7, pp.323-331, 2015.
- Hyeon-Ho Park, Hee-Ock Nho, Yong-Ho Kim, "The Impact of Perceived IT Threat on Convergence Information System Performance", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 65-71, 2015.
- Keun-Ho Lee, "A Measures to Converge Manage an Efficient Information Security Management System for Information Security Experts Manpower", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 81-86, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.081