- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Mode Analysis of Cascaded Four-Conductor Lines Using Extended Mixed-Mode S-Parameters
- Zhang, Nan (Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Nah, Wansoo (Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2015.11.10
- Accepted : 2016.01.13
- Published : 2016.01.31
In this paper, based on the mode analysis of four-conductor lines, the extended mixed-mode chain-parameters and S-parameters of four-conductor lines are estimated using current division factors. The extended mixed-mode chain-parameters of cascaded four-conductor lines are then obtained with mode conversion. And, the extended mixed-mode S-parameters of cascaded four-conductor lines can be predicted from the transformation of the extended chain-parameters. Compared to the extended mixed-mode S-parameters of four-conductor lines, the cross-mode S-parameters are induced in the extended mixed-mode S-parameters of cascaded four-conductor lines, due to the imbalanced current division factors of cascaded two sections. The generated cross-mode S-parameters make the equivalent different- and common-mode conductors not independent from each other again. In addition, a new mode conversion, which applies the imbalanced current division factors, between the extended mixed-mode S-parameters and standard S-parameters is also proposed in this paper. Finally, the validity of the proposed extended mixed-mode S-parameters and mode conversion is confirmed by a comparison of the simulated and estimated results of shielded cable.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- D. E. Bockelman and W. R. Eisenstadt, "Combined differential and common-mode scattering parameters: theory and simulation," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 1530-1539, Jul. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.392911
- N. Zhang, J. Kim, and W. Nah, "Novel extended mixedmode S-parameters and mode conversions of four-conductor lines," in Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (APEMC), Taipei, 2015, pp. 712-715.
- C. R. Paul, Analysis of Multiconductor Transmission Lines, 2nd ed., Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2007, pp. 101.
- T. Nobunaga, Y. Toyota, K. Iokibe, L. R. Koga, and T. Watanabe, "Evaluation of pigtail termination of STP cable using modal equivalent circuit of four-conductor transmitssion systems," in Proceedings of URSI International Symposium on Electromagnetic Theory, Hiroshima, Japan, 2013, pp. 222-225.
- A. Ferrero and M. Pirola, "Generalized mixed-mode S-parameters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 458-463, Jan. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2005.860497
- Resonant transmission through periodic subwavelength real metal slits in the terahertz range vol.15, pp.14, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1587/elex.15.20180612