- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design of a Switchplexer Based on a Microstrip Ring Resonator with Single-Switch Operation
- Park, Wook-Ki (Technology Convergence Center, Incheon Technopark) ;
- Ahn, Chi-Hyung (New Transportation Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, In-Ryeol (Department of Electronic Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Oh, Soon-Soo (Department of Electronic Engineering, Chosun University)
- Received : 2015.07.06
- Accepted : 2015.11.20
- Published : 2016.01.31
This paper proposes a reconfigurable microstrip diplexer, also known as a switchplexer, for use with single-switch operation of frequency band and output path. The proposed switchplexer is composed of a rectangular ring resonator and a switch on a shorting pin, which is inserted between the ring resonator and the ground plane. The rotated main current distributions occurring at different switch statuses provide the diplexer's different operating bands and different output ports. The performance of the simply designed switchplexer is successfully demonstrated via simulation and measurement.
Supported by : Chosun University
- J. Bonache, I. Gil, J. Garcia-Garcia, and F. Martin, "Complementary split ring resonators for microstrip diplexer design," Electronics Letters, vol. 41, no. 14, pp. 810-811, Jul. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20050895
- Q. Xue and J. X. Chen, "Compact diplexer based on double-sided parallel-strip line," Electronics Letters, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 123-124, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20083117
- C. F. Chen, T. Y. Huang, C. P. Chou, and R. B. Wu, "Microstrip diplexers design with common resonator sections for compact size, but high isolation," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 1945-1952, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2006.873613
- M. L. Chuang and M. T. Wu, "Microstrip diplexer design using common T-shaped resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 583-585, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2011.2168949
- J. Lee and Y. Lim, "A method for improving stopband characteristics of a dual-band filter," Journal of the Korean Institute Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 11, no. 3, pp.186-191, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2011.11.3.186
- B. K. Kim and B. Lee, "Tunable bandpass filter with varactors based on the CRLH-TL metamaterial structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 245-250, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2013.13.4.245
- S. F. Chao, C. H. Wu, Z. M. Tsai, H. Wang, and C. H. Chen, "Electronically switchable bandpass filters using loaded stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 4193-4201, Dec. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2006.885898
- S. W. Lee and Y. Sung, "A polarization diversity patch antenna with a reconfigurable feeding network," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 115-119, Apr. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2015.15.2.115
- W. K. Park, S. S. Oh, and L. Shafai, "Polarizationreconfigurable microstrip antenna with a fixed frequency band using a single switch," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 57-60, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28045
- Y. S. Lin, P. C. Wang, C. W. You, and P. Y. Chang, "New designs of bandpass diplexer and switchplexer based on parallel-coupled bandpass filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 3417-3426, Dec. 2010.
- P. C. Wang, Y. H. Chung, and Y. S. Lin, "Novel LNA-integrated bandpass switchplexer for highly integrated RF transceiver frontend design," in Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), Kaohsiung, China, 2012, pp. 902-904.
- C. W. P. Huang, W. Vaillancourt, B. Alasdair, L. Thavone, C. Masse, and M. Doherty, "Novel double pole double throw switchplexer that simplifies dual-band WLAN and MIMO front-end module designs," in Proceedings of IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, Atlanta, GA, 2008, pp. 1183-1186.
- S. S. Oh and L. Shafai, "Investigation into polarisation of unloaded and loaded microstrip square-ring antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 3129-3135, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2008.928772