- Volume 40 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study of SBLOCA Simulation of Safety-Injection Line Break with Single Train Passive Safety System of SMART-ITL
SMART-ITL 1 계열 피동안전계통을 이용한 안전주입배관 파단 소형냉각재상실사고 모의에 대한 실험적 연구
- Ryu, Sung Uk (Thermal Hydraulic Research Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Bae, Hwang (SMART Development Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Ryu, Hyo Bong (Thermal Hydraulic Research Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Byun, Sun Joon (Thermal Hydraulic Research Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Woo Shik (SMART Development Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Shin, Yong-Cheol (Thermal Hydraulic Research Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Yi, Sung-Jae (Thermal Hydraulic Research Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Park, Hyun-Sik (Thermal Hydraulic Research Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- 류성욱 (한국원자력연구원 열수력안전연구부) ;
- 배황 (한국원자력연구원 SMART 개발부) ;
- 유효봉 (한국원자력연구원 열수력안전연구부) ;
- 변선준 (한국원자력연구원 열수력안전연구부) ;
- 김우식 (한국원자력연구원 SMART 개발부) ;
- 신용철 (한국원자력연구원 열수력안전연구부) ;
- 이성재 (한국원자력연구원 열수력안전연구부) ;
- 박현식 (한국원자력연구원 열수력안전연구부)
- Received : 2015.04.22
- Accepted : 2016.01.20
- Published : 2016.03.01
An experimental study of the thermal-hydraulic characteristics of passive safety systems (PSSs) was conducted using a system-integrated modular advanced reactor-integral test loop (SMART-ITL). The present passive safety injection system for the SMART-ITL consists of one train with the core makeup tank (CMT), the safety injection tank, and the automatic depressurization system. The objective of this study is to investigate the injection effect of the PSS on the small-break loss-of-coolant accident (SBLOCA) scenario for a 0.4 inch line break in the safety-injection system (SIS). The steady-state condition was maintained for 746 seconds before the break. When the major parameters of the target value and test results were compared, most of the thermal-hydraulic parameters agreed closely with each other. The water level of the reactor pressure vessel (RPV) was maintained higher than that of the fuel assembly plate during the transient, for the present CMT and safety injection tank (SIT) flow rate conditions. It can be seen that the capability of an emergency core cooling system is sufficient during the transient with SMART passive SISs.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- Zee, S. K., Design Report for SMART Reactor System Development, KAERI/TR-2846/2007, KAERI, Taejon, 2007.
- Kim, S. H., Kim, K. K., Yeo, J. W., Chang, M. H. and Zee, S. Q., 2002, "Design Development and Verification of a System Integrated Modular PWR," in: Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Nuclear Option in Countries with Small and Medium Electricity Grids, Croatia, June.
- Kim, K. K., Lee, W. J., Choi, S., Kim, H. R. and Ha, J. J., 2014, "The First Licensed Advanced Integral Reactor," Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, Vol. 8, pp. 94-102.
- Tuunanen, J., Vihavainen, J., D'Auria, F. and Kimber, G., 1999, Assessment of Passive Safety Injection Systems of ALWRs, Final report of the European Commission 4 th Framework Programme.
- Tuunanen, J., Riikonen, V., Kouhia, J. and Vihavainen, J., 1998, "Analyses of PACTEL Passive Safety Injection Experiments GDE-21 through GDE-25," Nucl. Eng. Des., Vol. 180, pp. 67-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(97)00306-3
- Zejun, X., Wenbin, Z., Hua, Z., Bingde, C., Guifang, Z. and Dounan, J., 2003, "Experimental Research Progress on Passive Safety Systems of Chinese Advanced PWR," Nucl. Eng. Des., Vol. 225, pp. 305-313. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(03)00178-X
- Sibamoto, Y., 2006, Summary on Natural Circulation Phenomena Observed in ROSA-AP600 Test, IAEA-TECDOC-1677, pp.286-298.
- Bae, H., Kim, D. E., Ryu, S. U., Shin, Y. C., Ko, Y. J., Yi, S. J., Park, H. S., Cho, Y. S. and Suh, J. S., 2014, "An SBLOCA Test of Safety Injection Line Break with the SMART-ITL Facility and its MARS-KS Code Simulation," ICAPP 2014 Charlotte, USA, April 6-9.
- Park, H. S., Yi, S. J., Song, C. H., 2013a, "SMR Accident Simulation in Experimental Test Loop," Nuclear Engineering International, pp. 12-15.
- An integral effect test of a complete loss of reactor coolant system flow rate for the SMART design using the VISTA-ITL facility and its simulation with the MARS-KS code pp.1881-1248, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/00223131.2016.1273147