- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Systematic Review of Constraint Induced Movement Therapy about Upper Extremity in Stroke
뇌졸중 환자의 상지 강제유도운동치료에 관한 체계적 고찰
- Received : 2015.09.24
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2016.03.28
The purpose of this study is provided to useful data to establish the Constraint Induced Movement Therapy(CIMT) in clinical plan to more specific for stroke patients. Also It is provided way for further study about CIMT. Methods used a systematic review. Systematic review is a research method that can be presented to the scientific evidence. Data were organized by PICO(Patient, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome). Research using the database Embase and Medline, It was searched for CIMT and Stroke. We selected for a total of 42 studies that meet the purpose of the present study. We was selected for a total of 42 studies that meet the purpose of the present study. Results was that the quality of the study is a systematic review, meta-analyzes, randomized controlled. CIMT studies was based on a high quality level of 50% of the total. The difference between the study period was 42.8%, more research was conducted prior to 2010. CIMT has been used more than mCIMT by to differ 40.5%. It is effective in over 75% of study, regardless of the CIMT intervention. In conclusion, CIMT has an effect on the upper limbs of stroke patients damaged, results will be used as a useful material to develop a CIMT in the clinical treatment plan. In future studies will need to validate studies on the effectiveness of the mCIMT, It will require a review of the effectiveness of validation studies.
Constranint Induced movement therapy;Stroke;Systematic Review
- S. A. Sharp and B. J. Brouwer, "Isokinetic strength training of the hemiparetic knee: effects on function and spasticity," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.78, No.11, pp.1231-1236, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(97)90337-3
- M. S. Gillen, B. Miller, P. Chaikin, and J. Morganroth, "Effects of supratherapeutic doses of ebastine and terfenadine on the QT interval," Br J Clin Pharmacol, Vol.52, No.2, pp.201-204, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.0306-5251.2001.01345.x
- C. Y. Wu, C. L. Chen, S. F. Tang, K. C. Lin, and Y. Y. Huang, "Kinematic and clinical analyses of upper-extremity movements after constraint -induced movement therapy in patients with stroke: a randomized controlled trial," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.88, No.8, pp.964-970, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2007.05.012
- M. Caimmi, S. Carda, C. Giovanzana, E. S. Maini, A. M. Sabatini, N. Smania, and F. Molteni, "Using kinematic analysis to evaluate constraint-induced movement therapy in chronic stroke patients," Neurorehabil Neural Repair, Vol.22, No.1, pp.31-39, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968307302923
- L. W. Pedretti and M. B. Early, Occupational therapy practice skills for physical disfunction, 6thed. Missour I :Mosby, 2006.
- 유영열, 안창식, "뇌졸중 환자가 인지하는 재활동기와 삶의 질 관계의 연구," 대한작업치료학회지, 제17권, 제2호, pp.1-16, 2009.
- 강현숙, 김원옥, 김정화, 왕명자, 현경선, "재가 뇌졸중환자의 보완 대체요법 이용실태," 동서간호학연구지, 제15권, 제2호, pp.102-109, 2007.
- E. Taub, G. Uswatte, and R. Pidikiti, "Constraint-induced movement therapy: A new family of techniques with broad appli- cation to physical rehabilitation-a clinical review," Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, Vol.36, No.3, pp.237-251, 1999.
- 정재훈, 과제 지향적 상지 운동이 뇌졸중 환자의 상지 기능과 일상생활활동에 미치는 영향, 대구대학교 재활과학대학원, 미간행 석사학위 청구논문, 2009.
- 박수현, 유은영, "강제유도 운동치료에 관한 고찰," 대한작업치료학회지, 제12권, 제1호, pp.123-138, 2004.
- 이종민, 조재옥, 김주희, "수정된 강제유도운동치료가 뇌졸중 환자의 손의 기민성과 일상생활활동에 미치는 영향," 대한재활치료과학학회지, 제4권, 제1호, pp.39-45, 2011.
- P. Levine and S. J. Page, Modified constraint-induced therapy : a promising restorative outpatient therapy, Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, Vol.11, No.4, pp.1-10, 2004.
- G. Andersen, K. Vestergaard, M. Ingemann-Nielsen, and L. Lauritzen, "Risk factors for poststroke depression," Acta Psychiatry Scand, Vol.92, No.3, pp.193-198, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0447.1995.tb09567.x
- C. Wiliams, Rehabilitation in the Aging, New York : Raven Press, 1987.
- 안용팔, 이숙자, 양승한, 배광웅, "뇌졸중 편마비 환자의 의식구조," 대한재활의학회지, 제8권, 제2호, pp.92-98, 1984.
- 김성호, 김형근, 이제혁, "가상현실 기반 운동프로그램이 뇌졸중 환자의 상지기능과 일상생활동작에 미치는 영향," 한국장애인재활협회, 제17권, 제2호, pp.373-391, 2013.
- S. L. Wolf, C. J. Winstein, J. P. Miller, E. Taub, G. Uswatte, D. Morris, C. Giuliani, K. E. Light, and D. Nichols-Larsen, "Effect of constraint-induced movement therapy on upper extremity function 3 to 9 months after stroke: the EXCITE randomized clinical trial," JAMA, Vol.296, No.17, pp.2095-2104, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.296.17.2095
- G. Uswatte, E. Taub, D. Morris, J. Barman, and J. Crago, "Contribution of the shaping and restraint components of Constraint-Induced Movement therapy to treatment outcome," Neuro Rehabilitation, Vol.21, No.2, pp.147-156, 2006.
- M. Rijntjes, V. Hobbeling, F. Hamzei, S. Dohse, G. Ketels, J. Liepert, and C. Weiller, "Individual factors in constraint-induced movement therapy after stroke," Neurorehabil Neural Repair, Vol.19, No.3, pp.238-249, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968305279205
- T. Kitago, J. Liang, V. S. Huang, S. Hayes, P. Simon, L. Tenteromano, R. M. Lazar, R. S. Marshall, P. Mazzoni, L. Lennihan, and J. W. Krakauer, "Improvement after constraint-induced movement therapy: recovery of normal motor control or task-specific compensation?," Neurorehabil Neural Repair, Vol.27, No.2, pp.99-109, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968312452631
- B. E. Huseyinsinoglu, A. R. Ozdincler, and Y. Krespi, "Bobath Concept versus constraint-induced movement therapy to improve arm functional recovery in stroke patients: a randomized controlled trial," Clin Rehabil, Vol.26, No.8, pp.705-715, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215511431903
- I. C. Brunner, J. S. Skouen, and L. I. Strand, "Is modified constraint-induced movement therapy more effective than bimanual training in improving arm motor function in the subacute phase post stroke? A randomized controlled trial," Clin Rehabil, Vol.26, No.12, pp.1078-1086, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215512443138
- I. Treger, L. Aidinof, and H. Lehrer, and L. Kalichman, "Modified constraint-induced movement therapy improved upper limb function in subacute poststroke patients: a small-scale clinical trial," Top Stroke Rehabil, Vol.19, No.4, pp.287-293, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1310/tsr1904-287
- N. Smania, M. Gandolfi, S. Paolucci, M. Iosa, P. Ianes, S. Recchia, C. Giovanzana, F. Molteni, R. Avesani, P. D. Paolo, M. Zaccala, M. Agostini, C. Tassorelli, A. Fiaschi, D. Primon, M. G. Ceravolo, and S. Farina, "Reduced-intensity modified constraint-induced movement therapy versus conventional therapy for upper extremity rehabilitation after stroke: a multicenter trial," Neurorehabil Neural Repair, Vol.26, No.9, pp.1035-1045, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968312446003
- M. Krawczyk, M. Sidaway, A. Radwanska, J. Zaborska, R. Ujma, and A. Czlonkowska, "Effects of sling and voluntary constraint during constraint-induced movement therapy for the arm after stroke: a randomized, prospective, single-centre, blinded observer rated study," Clin Rehabil, Vol.26, No.11, pp.990-998, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215512442661
- M. Kononen, I. M. Tarkka, E. Niskanen, M. Pihlajamaki, and E. Mervaala, "Functional MRI and motor behavioral changes obtained with constraint-induced movement therapy in chronic stroke," Neurology, Vol.19, pp.578-586, 2012.
- I. C. Brunner, J. S. Skouen, and L. I. Strand, "Recovery of upper extremity motor function post stroke with regard to eligibility for constraint-induced movement therapy," Top Stroke Rehabil, Vol.18, No.3, pp.248-257, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1310/tsr1803-248
- M. McCall, S. McEwen, A. Colantonio, D. Streiner, and D. R. Dawson, "Modified constraint-induced movement therapy for elderly clients with subacute stroke," Am J Occup Ther, Vol.65, No.4, pp.409-418, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2011.002063
- Q. Wang, J. L. Zhao, and Q. X. Zhu, J. Li, and P. P. Meng, "Comparison of conventional therapy, intensive therapy and modified constraint-induced movement therapy to improve upper extremity function after stroke," J Rehabil Med, Vol.43, No.7, pp.619-625, 2011. https://doi.org/10.2340/16501977-0819
- K. Hayner, G. Gibson, and G. M. Giles, "Comparison of constraint-induced movement therapy and bilateral treatment of equal intensity in people with chronic upper-extremity dysfunction after cerebrovascular accident," Am J Occup Ther, Vol.64, No.4, pp,528-539, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2010.08027
- S. L. Wolf, P. A. Thompson, C. J. Winstein, J. P. Miller, S. R. Blanton, D. S. Nichols- Larsen, D. M. Morris, G. Uswatte, E. Taub, K. E. Light, and L. Sawaki, "The EXCITE stroke trial: comparing early and delayed constraint-induced movement therapy," Stroke, Vol.41, No.10, pp.2309-2315, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.110.588723
- B. Anne, L. Joachim, H. Kerstin E. Marion, K. Gesche, R. Michel, and B. Hendrik, "Comparison of two types of Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy in chronic stroke patients: A pilot study," Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience, Vol.27, pp.673-68, 2009.
- C. Brogardh, M. Vestling, and B. H. Sjolund, "Shortened constraint-induced movement therapy in subacute stroke - no effect of using a restraint: a randomized controlled study with independent observers," J Rehabil Med, Vol.41, No.4, pp.231-236, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2340/16501977-0312
- N. Dursun, E. Dursun, I. Sade, and C. Cekmece, "Constraint induced movement therapy: efficacy in a Turkish stroke patient population and evaluation by a new outcome measurement tool," Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. Vol.45, No.2, 2009.
- C. Brogardh, U. B. Flansbjer, and J. Lexell, "What is the long-term benefit of constraint-induced movement therapy? A four-year follow-up," Clin Rehabil, Vol.23, No.5, pp.418-423, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215508099861
- D. G. Kim, Y. W. Cho, J. H. Hong, J. C. Song, H. A. Chung, D. S. Bai, C. H. Lee, and S. H. Jang, "Effect of constraint-induced movement therapy with modified opposition restriction orthosis in chronic hemiparetic patients with stroke," Neuro Rehabilitation, Vol.23, No.3, pp.239-244, 2008.
- J. M. Myint, G. F. Yuen, T. K. Yu, C. P. Kng, A. M. Wong, K. K. Chow, H. C. Li, and C. P. Wong, "A study of constraint-induced movement therapy in subacute stroke patients in Hong Kong," Clin Rehabil, Vol.22, No.2, pp.112-124, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215507080141
- L. Sawaki, A. J. Butler, X. Leng, P. A. Wassenaar, Y. M. Mohammad, S. Blanton, K. Sathian, D. S. Nichols-Larsen, S. L. Wolf, D. C. Good, and G. F. Wittenberg, "Constraint-induced movement therapy results in increased motor map area in subjects 3 to 9 months after stroke," Neurorehabil Neural Repair, Vol.22, No.5, pp.505-513, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968308317531
- M. W. Myint, F. C. Yuen, K. K. Yu, P. L. Kng, M. Y. Wong, and K. C. Chow, "Use of constraint-induced movement therapy in Chinese stroke patients during the sub-acute period," Hong Kong Med J, Vol.14, No.5, pp.40-42, 2008.
- S. L. Wolf, C. J. Winstein, J. P. Miller, P. A. Thompson, E. Taub, G. Uswatte, D. Morris, S. Blanton, D. Nichols-Larsen, and P. C. Clark, "Retention of upper limb function in stroke survivors who have received constraint-induced movement therapy: the EXCITE randomised trial," Lancet Neurol, Vol.7, No.1, pp.33-40, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(07)70294-6
- C. Y. Wu, K. C. Lin, H. C. Chen, I. H. Chen, and W. H. Hong, "Effects of modified constraint-induced movement therapy on movement kinematics and daily function in patients with stroke: a kinematic study of motor control mechanisms," Neurorehabil Neural Repair, Vol.21, No.5, pp.460-466, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968307303411
- K. C. Lin, C. Y. Wu, T. H. Wei, C. Y. Lee, and J. S. Liu, "Effects of modified constraint-induced movement therapy on reach-to-grasp movements and functional performance after chronic stroke: a randomized controlled study," Clin Rehabil, Vol.21, No.12, pp.1075-1086, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215507079843
- S. L. Fritz, S. Z. George, S. L. Wolf, and K. E. Light, "Participant perception of recovery as criterion to establish importance of improvement for constraint-induced movement therapy outcome measures: a preliminary study," Phys Ther, Vol.87, No.2, pp.170-178, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20060101
- S. L. Wolf, H. Newton, D. Maddy, S. Blanton, Q. Zhang, C. J. Winstein, D. M. Morris, and K. Light, "The Excite Trial: relationship of intensity of constraint induced movement therapy to improvement in the wolf motor function test," Restor Neurol Neurosci, Vol.25, No.5-6, pp.549-562, 2007.
- T. Koyama, K. Sano, S. Tanaka, T. Hatanaka, and K. Domen, "Effective targets for constraint-induced movement therapy for patients with upper-extremity impairment after stroke," Neuro Rehabilitation, Vol.22, No.4, pp.287-293, 2007.
- C. Boake, E. A. Noser, S. Baraniuk, M. Gaber, R. Johnson, E. T. Salmeron, T. M. Tran, J. M. Lai, E. Taub, L. A. Moye, J. C. Grotta, and H. S. Levin, "Constraint- induced movement therapy during early stroke rehabilitation," Neurorehabil Neural Repair, Vol.21, No.1, pp.14-24, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968306291858
- C. Y. Wu, C. L. Chen, W.C. Tsai, K. C. Lin, and S. H. Chou, "A randomized controlled trial of modified constraint-induced movement therapy for elderly stroke survivors: changes in motor impairment, daily functioning, and quality of life," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.88, No.3, pp.273-278, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2006.11.021
- C. Brogardh and B. H. Sjolund, "Constraint-induced movement therapy in patients with stroke: a pilot study on effects of small group training and of extended mitt use," Clin Rehabil, Vol.20, No.3, pp.218-227, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1191/0269215506cr937oa
- G. Uswatte, E. Taub, D. Morris, J. Barman, and J. Crago, "Contribution of the shaping and restraint components of Constraint-Induced Movement therapy to treatment outcome," Neuro Rehabilitation. Vol.21, No.2, pp.147-156, 2006.
- J. Liepert, "Motor Cortex Excitability in Stroke Before and After Constraint-induced Movement Therapy," Cogn Behav Neurol, Vol.19, No.1, pp.41-47, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/00146965-200603000-00005
- J. Underwood, P. C. Clark, S. Blanton, D. M. Aycock, and S. L. Wolf, "Pain, fatigue, and intensity of practice in people with stroke who are receiving constraint-induced movement therapy," Phys Ther, Vol.86, No.9, pp.1241-1250, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20050357
- L. Richards, L. J. Gonzalez Rothi, S. Davis, S. S. Wu, and S. E. Nadeau, "Limited dose response to constraint-induced movement therapy in patients with chronic stroke," Clin Rehabil, Vol.20, No.12, pp.1066-1074, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269215506071263
- S. L. Fritz, K. E. Light, and S. N. Clifford, T. S. Patterson, A. L. Behrman, and S. B. Davis, "Descriptive characteristics as potential predictors of outcomes following constraint-induced movement therapy for people after stroke," Phys Ther, Vol.86, No.6, pp.825-832, 2006.
- T. Ro, E. Noser, C. Boake, R. Johnson, M. Gaber, A. Speroni, M. Bernsteinb, A. D. Joyad, W. S. Burginc, L. Zhangb, E. Taube, J. C. Grottac, and H. S. Levinb, "Functional reorganization and recovery after constraint-induced movement therapy in subacute stroke: case reports," Neurocase, Vol.12, No.1, pp.50-60, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/13554790500493415
- E. Taub, G. Uswatte, D. K. King, D. Morris, J. E. Crago, and A. Chatterjee, "A placebo-controlled trial of constraint-induced movement therapy for upper extremity after stroke," Stroke, Vol.37, No.4, pp.1045-1049, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.0000206463.66461.97
- M. Kononen, J. T. Kuikka, M. Husso-Saastamoinen, E. Vanninen, R. Vanninen, S. Soimakallio, E. Mervaala, J. Sivenius, K. Pitkanen, and I. M. Tarkka, "Increased perfusion in motor areas after constraint-induced movement therapy in chronic stroke: a single-photon emission computerized tomography study," J Cereb Blood Flow Metab, Vol.25, No.12, pp.1668-1674, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jcbfm.9600158
- S. L. Fritz, K. E. Light, and T. S. Patterson, A. L. Behrman, and S. B. Davis, "Active finger extension predicts outcomes after constraint-induced movement therapy for individuals with hemiparesis after stroke," Stroke, Vol.36, No.6, pp.1172-1177, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.0000165922.96430.d0