- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A study on Visualization and Enhancement the Latent Fingerprints on Multi-colored Surfaces using the Forensic Light Sources
법광원을 이용한 복잡한 배경의 잠재지문 시각화 및 증강에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.09.04
- Accepted : 2015.11.03
- Published : 2016.03.28
There are various methods of developing latent fingerprints from evidence found at crime scenes. Crime scene investigators should choose appropriate techniques among them depending on the conditions of the evidences. In this study, we compared the three methods using forensic light sources to develop latent fingerprints on multi-colored surfaces. We selected the various samples according to color, shape and texture of the surfaces and developed the latent fingerprints using fluorescent powder, IR(Infrared) photography and Episcopic Co-axial Illumination. Fluorescent powder was highly effective on all surfaces. IR photography was also effective, but only on the not dark surfaces. Episcopic Co-axial Illumination was effective only on the flat and polished surfaces. Although fluorescent powder was fine regardless of the characteristics of the surfaces, IR photography was better on certain surfaces.
Fluorescent;Infrared photography;Episcopic Coaxial Illumination;Multi-colored background
Grant : 첨단과학수사 기술개발
Supported by : 순천향대학교 산학협력단
- 고유정, 김윤중, "모바일 환경에서 실시간 지문인식을 위한 웹 서비스 시스템 구현," 한국콘텐츠학회, 종합학술대회논문집, 제4권, 제2호, pp.483-487, 2006.
- 엄우식, 전인오, "지문인식시스템의 신뢰성 품질 성능 평가모델 개발," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제2호, pp.79-87, 2011.
- Chen, Tsoching, Zachary D. Schultz, and Ira W. Levin. "Infrared Spectroscopic Imaging of Latent Fingerprints and Associated Forensic Evidence," The Analyst, Vol.134, No.9, pp.1902-1904, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1039/b908228j
- 배경희, 김우중, 정혜영, "배경에 따른 혈문증강 시약(Fuchsin Acid, Eosin-Y, Acid Yellow 7)적용의 현출도 비교실험," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제6호, pp.194-201, 2013.
- 남궁주영, 배경희, 유제설, 장윤식, "감열지에 남겨진 잠재지문 현출을 위한 1,2-Indanedione 시약," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제11호, pp.964-971, 2014.
- T. A. Trozzi, R. L. Schwartz, and M. L. Hollars, Processing Guide for Developing Latent Prints, U.S. Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation Laboratory Division, 2000.
- B. A. J. Fisher, 홍성욱 역, 현장감식과 수사, CSI, 7th edition, 수사연구사, pp.369-384, 2004.
- S. M. Bleay, V. G. Sears, H. L. Bandey, A. P. Gibson, V. J. Bowman, R. Downham, L. Fitzgerald, T. Ciuksza, J. Ramadani, and C. Selway, Fingerprint Source Book, pp.3-321, Home Office, 2012.
- M. Tahtouh, J. R. Kalman, C. Roux, C. Lennard, and B. J. Reedy, "The Detection and Enhancement of Latent Fingermarks Using Infrared Chemical Imaging," Journal of Forensic Science, Vol.50, No.1, pp.64-72, 2005.
- N. Marin and J. Buszka, Alternate Light Source Imaging : Forensic Photography Techniques, pp.1-9, pp.25-88, Elsevier Inc, 2013.
- 홍성욱, 미세증거물(과학수사에 숨어있는), pp.51-82, 수사연구사, 2010.
- E. M. Robinson, Crime Scene Photography, 2nd edition, Elsevier Inc, pp.367-397, 2010.
- M. Stoilovic and C. Lenard, 김덕후 역, 지문검출과 증강, 6th edition, 알트라이트, pp.2-28, pp.61-67, 2012.
- C. Lennard and S. Milutin, Application of forensic light sources at the crime scene, The Practice of Crime Scene Investigation, pp.97-124, 2004.
- C. Lennard, "Fingerprint detection: current capabilities," Australian Journal of Forensic Sciences Vol.39, No.2, pp.55-71, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/00450610701650021
- R. S. Robert, Lee and Gaensslen's ADVANCES IN FINGERPRINT TECHNOLOGY, 3rdedition, CRC Press, pp.1-16, 2013.
- Y. J. Kim, S. B. Youn, and D. H. Har, "The infrared lighting system for the efficient photography of the pretreated fingerprint," Australian Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol.44, No.3, pp.273-284, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/00450618.2012.657681
- P. Voss-De Haan, "Physics and fingerprints," Contemporary Physics, Vol.47, No.4, pp.209-230, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/00107510600893986
- S. Chadwick, Near Infrared Laser Dyes for the Detection of Latent Fingermarks, Degree of Doctor of Philosophy(science) University of Technology, Sydney, 2013.
- P. Maynard, J. Jenkins, C. Edey, G. Payne, C. Lennard, A. McDonagh, and C. Roux, "Near infrared imaging for the improved detection of fingermarks on difficult surfaces," Australian Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol.41, No.1, pp.43-62, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/00450610802172248
- R. Williams and G. Williams, Ultraviolet, Infrared & Fluorescence Photography, RMIT-Medical and Scientific Photography Lab, 2002.
- 김상기, 김유진, "법과학 분야에서 디지털 적외선 사진을 위한 노출 결정 방법," 한국콘텐츠학회 논문지, 제14권, 제2호, pp.191-191, 2014.
- A. C. Lin, H. M. Hsieh, L. C. Tsai, A, Linacre, and J. C. Lee, "Forensic applications of infrared imaging for the detection and recording of latent evidence," Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol.52, No.5, pp.1148-50, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2007.00502.x
- S. T. De Broux, K. K. McCaul, S. Shimamoto, and M. J. Brooks, Forensic Photography III - Infrared Photography, IAI Conference & Training, 2007.
- V. G. Sears, S. M. Bleay, H. L. Bandey, and V. J. Broman, "A methodology for finger mark research," Science and Justice, Vol.52, No.3, pp.145-160, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scijus.2011.10.006