- Volume 16 Issue 3
This paper presents the concept of "interactive teleprompter", which provides the user with interaction with oneself or other users for live television broadcasts or smart mirrors. In such interactive applications, eye contacts between the user and the regenerated image or between the user and other persons are important in handling psychological processes or non-verbal communications. Unfortunately, it is not straightforward to address the eye contact issues with conventional combination of normal display and video camera. To address this problem, we propose an "interactive" teleprompter enhanced from conventional teleprompter devices. Our interactive teleprompter can recognize the user's gestures by applying infra-red (IR) depth sensor. This paper also presents test results for a beam splitter which plays a critical role for teleprompter and is designed to handle both visual light for RGB camera and IR for Depth sensor effectively.
Teleprompter;Depth Sensor;Kinect;Interactivity;Smart Mirror
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 김진우, Human Computer Interaction 개론 제2장 상호작용, 개정판, 안그라픽스, 2012.
- K. Yang and T. Park, "K-motion: visualizing election information for live television broadcasts," Multimedia Tools and Applications, (doi:10.1007/s11042-014-2253-2), pp.1-21, 2014.
- KBS 방송 영상 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33LOccmeHxY
- LG Magic Mirror : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghXhc4jMYQI
- Panasonic Smart Mirror : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V62HU1Kv77s
- K. Neureiter, C. Moser, and M. Tscheligi, "Look into My Eyes & See, What You Mean to Me. Social Presence as Source for Social Capital," In Proceedings of Social Informatics: 6th International Conference, pp.183-198, 2014.
- David M. Grayson and Andrew F. Monk, "Are you looking at me? Eye contact and desktop video conferencing," ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction (TOCHI), Vol.10, No.3, pp.221-243, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/937549.937552
- M. Garau, M. Slater, S. Bee, and M. A. Sasse, "The Impact of Eye Gaze on Communication Using Humanoid Avatars," In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp.309-316, 2001.
- L. S. Bohannon, A. M. Herbert, J. B. Pelz, and E. M. Rantanen, "Eye contact and video-mediated communication: A review," Displays, Vol.34, No.2, pp.177-185, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.displa.2012.10.009
- S. Choi, Q. Y. Zhou, and V. Koltun, "Robust Reconstruction of Indoor Scenes," Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2015.
- J. Shotton, A. Fitzgibbon, M. Cook, T. Sharp, M. Finocchio, R. Moore, A. Kipman, and A. Blake, "Real-time Human Pose Recognition in Parts from Single Depth Images," Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp.1297-1304, 2011.