- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Seismic Response Control of Spacial Arch Structures using Multiple Smart TMD
다중 스마트 TMD를 이용한 대공간 아치구조물의 지진응답 제어
- Kim, Hyun-Su (Div. of Architecture, Architectural & Civil Engineering, Sunmoon University) ;
- Kang, Joo-Won (School of Architecture, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2016.01.18
- Accepted : 2016.02.05
- Published : 2016.03.15
A novel vibration control method for vibration reduction of a spacial structure subjected to earthquake excitation was proposed in this study. Generally, spatial structures have various vibration modes involving high-order modes and their natural frequencies are closely spaced. Therefore, in order to control these modes, a spatially distributed MTMDs (Multiple TMDs) method is proposed previously. MR (Magnetorheological) damper were used to enhance the control performance of the MTMDs. Accordingly, MSTMDs (Multiple Smart TMDs) were proposed in this study. An arch structure was used as an example structure because it has primary characteristics of spatial structures and it is a comparatively simple structure. MSTMDs were applied to the example arch structure and the seismic control performance were evaluated based on the numerical simulation. Fuzzy logic control algorithm (FLC) was used to generate command voltages sent for MSTMSs and the FLC was optimized by genetic algorithm. Based on the analytical results, it has been shown that the MSTMDs effectively decreased the dynamic responses of the arch structure subjected to earthquake loads.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Kawaguchi, K., A report on large roof structures damaged by the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake, International Journal of Space Structures, Vo1. 12, 1997, pp. 134-147.
- Kawaguchi, K. and Suzuki, Y., "Damage investigations of public hall in Nagaoka city after Niigata-Chuetu earthquake 2004 in Japan", Proceedings of the International Symposium of Shell and Spatial Structures, 2005, pp. 421-428.
- Kawaguchi, K., Nakaso, Y., Ogi, Y. and Ohya, S., "Non-structural components and life safety in large rooms of spatial structures", Proceedings of the IASS Symposium, Wroclaw, Poland, 2013, pp. 23-27.
- Farghaly, A.A., "Optimum design of TMD system for tall buildings", International Journal of Optimization in Civil Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 4, 2012, pp. 511-532.
- Xu, Y.L., Kwok, K.C.S. and Samali, B., "Control of wind-induced tall building vibration by tuned mass dampers", Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol. 40, No. 1, 1992, pp. 1-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(92)90518-F
- Yoshinaka, S. and Kawaguchi, K., "Vibration control of large-span architectures using spatially distributed MTMDs", Proc. of the 7th European Conference on Structural Dynamics, Southampton, UK, 2008, pp. 1-11.
- Yoshinaka, S. and Kawaguchi, K., "Vibration control of spatial structures using spatially distributed MTMDs", Mem. Fac. Eng., Osaka City Univ., Vol. 49, 2008, pp. 19-28.
- Kim, H.S., Roschke, P.N., Lin, P.Y. and Loh, C.H., "Neuro-fuzzy model of hybrid semi-active base isolation system with FPS bearings and an MR damper", Engineering Structures, Vol. 28, 2006, pp. 947-958. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.09.029
- Spelta, C., Previdi, F., Savaresi, S.M., Fraternale, G. and Gaudiano, N., "Control of magnetorheological dampers for vibration reduction in a washing machine", Mechatronics, Vol. 19, No. 3, 2009, pp. 410-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2008.09.006
- Kang, J.W., Kim, H.S. and Lee, D.G., "Mitigation of wind response of a tall building using semi-active tuned mass dampers", The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, Vol. 20, 2011, pp. 552-565. https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.609
- Koo, J.H., Ahmadian, M. and Setareh, M., "Experimental robustness analysis of magneto-rheological tuned vibration absorbers subject to mass off-tuning", Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.128, No. 1, 2006, pp. 126-131. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2128647
- Kang, J.W., Kim, G.C. and Kim, H.S., "Seismic response control of arch structures using semi-active TMD", Journal of the Korean Association for Spatial Structures, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2010, pp. 103-110.
- Koo, J.H., Using magneto-rheological dampers in semiactive tuned vibration absorbers to control structural vibrations, Ph.D. Dissertation, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA, 2003.
- Kim, G.C., Kim, K.I. and Kang, J.W., "The seismic behavior of the truss-arch structure with seismic isolation", Journal of the Korean Association for Spatial Structures, Vol. 8, No. 2, 2008, pp. 73-84.
- Warburton, G.B., "Optimum absorber parameters for various combinations of response and excitation parameters", Earthquake Engrg. and Struct. Dyn., Vol. 10, 1982, pp. 381-401. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290100304
- Sues, R.H., Mau, S.T. and Wen, Y.K., "System identifcation of degrading hysteretic restoring forces", Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, Vol. 114, No. 5, 1988, pp. 833-846. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1988)114:5(833)
- Seismic Response Control of Retractable-roof Spatial Structure Using Smart TMD vol.16, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2016.16.4.091
- Design Method Development of Smart TMD for Retractable-Roof Spatial Structure vol.17, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2017.17.3.107
- Parameter Study for Optimal Design of Smart TMD vol.17, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2017.17.4.123
- Investigation Into Optimal Installation Position of TMD for Efficient Seismic Response Reduction of Retractable-Roof Spatial Structure vol.18, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2018.18.2.43