- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Behavior of Connections between Modular Units according to Shape of Connector Plates
연결 강판 형상에 따른 모듈러 유닛 간 접합부의 거동 비교
- Received : 2016.07.08
- Accepted : 2016.11.06
- Published : 2016.12.27
For the connections between modular units in modular buildings, the bolted joints with connector plates are used commonly. The strength of structure is determined by the weakest part of structure and the connections may be weaker than the members being joined. Therefore, to check the safety of modular building, the structural performance of connections between modular units as well as that of beam-to-column connections should be evaluated. In this study, the behavior of module to module connection with straight and cross shaped connector plates is investigated by lateral cyclic tests according to KBC2009 0722.2.4 which shall be conducted by controlling the story drift angle in the width and the longitudinal direction respectively. All of test results generally show the stable ductile behavior up to 0.04rad drift levels and the tests in longitudinal direction show a superior energy dissipation per cycle in each of the load steps. However, the straight shaped connector plates have the degradation of stiffness with cyclic loading and the larger drift angle of column than the cross shaped connector plates.
Connection between modular units;Connector plate;Bolted connection;Straight-shaped plate;Cross-shaped plate
- Mark Lawson, Ray Ogden and Chris Goodier (2014) Design in Modular Construction, CRC Press, USA.
- Shonn Mills, Dave Grove and Matthew Egan (2015) Breaking The Pre-fabricated Ceiling: Challenging the Limits for Modular High-Rise, 2015 New York Conference Proceedings, CTBUH, pp.416-425.
- European Convention for Constructional Steelwork (2015) Design of Steel Structures: Eurocode 3: Design of Steel Structures, Part 1-1: General Rules and Rules for Buildings, John Wiley & Sons, U.K.
- 이상섭, 배규웅, 박금성, 홍성엽(2013) 유닛 모듈러 기둥-보 조인트의 구조 성능에 대한 실험적 평가, 전단연결재에 의한 합성거동, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제25권, 제3호, pp.255-265. Lee, S.S., Bae, K.W., Park, K.S., and Hong, S.Y. (2013) An Experimental Evaluation of Structural Performance for the Beam to Column Joints in Unit Modular System, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.25, No.3, pp.255-265 (in Korean).
- Ramaji, I.J. and Memari, A.M. (2013) Identification of Structural Issues in Design and Construction of Multi-Story Modular Buildings, 1st Residential Building Design & Construction Conference, PHRC, pp.294-303.
- Lawson, R.M., Ogden, R.G., and Bergin, R. (2012) Application of Modular Construction in High-Rise Buildings, Journal of Architectural Engineering, ASCE, Vol.18, No.2, pp.148-154. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)AE.1943-5568.0000057
- 대한건축학회(2011), 건축구조설계기준 및 해설(KBC 2009), 기문당. The Architectural Institute of Korea (2009), Korean Building Code and Commentary(KBC2009), Kimoondang (in Korean).
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원