- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Accuracy of c-KIT in lung cancer prognosis; a systematic review protocol" instead of c-KIT Expression in Lung Cancer Prognostic Evaluation - a Systematic Review Protocol
- Roudi, Raheleh (Oncopathology Research Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Kalantari, Elham (Oncopathology Research Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Keshtkar, Abbas (Osteoporosis Research Center (ORC), Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinical Sciences Research Institute (ECSI), Tehran University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Madjd, Zahra (Oncopathology Research Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences)
- Published : 2016.03.07
Background: Extensive efforts have been made to investigate c-KIT expression in lung cancer specimens and its correlation with clinical outcomes, but the issue remains unresolved. Thus, this study will be conducted to clarify the prognostic value of c-KIT expression in lung cancer patients. Materials and Methods: We will search Pubmed, SCOPUS, and ISI web of sciences with no restriction of language. Studies with any design (except case reports or case series) evaluating correlations of c-KIT expression with survival or outcome in patients with lung cancer will be included. The outcome measures will include all types of survival indexes, including overall survival rate and disease free survival using Kaplan-Meier analysis and hazard ratios. Study selection and data extraction will be performed by two independent researchers. Quality assessment (assessment of risk of bias) and data synthesis will be implemented using Stata software version 11.1. Results: No ethical issues are predicted. These findings will be published in a peer-reviewed journal and presented at national and international conferences. Conclusions: This systematic review protocol is registered in the PROSPERO International Prospective Register of Systematic Reviews, registration number = CRD42015023391.
c-KIT;CD117;Lung cancer;Systematic review
- Ashman LK (1999). The biology of stem cell factor and its receptor C-kit. Int J Biochem Cell Biol, 31, 1037-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1357-2725(99)00076-X
- Berghmans T, Mascaux C, Martin B, et al (2006). Prognostic role of thyroid transcription factor-1 in stage III non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer, 52, 219-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2006.01.013
- Berghmans T, Paesmans M, Sculier J P (2011). Prognostic factors in stage III non-small cell lung cancer: a review of conventional, metabolic and new biological variables. Ther Adv Med Oncol, 3, 127-38. https://doi.org/10.1177/1758834011401951
- Chabot B, Stephenson D A, Chapman V M, et al (1988). The proto-oncogene c-kit encoding a transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptor maps to the mouse W locus. Nature, 335, 88-9. https://doi.org/10.1038/335088a0
- Edling C E, Hallberg B (2007). c-Kit-a hematopoietic cell essential receptor tyrosine kinase. Int J Biochem Cell Biol, 39, 1995-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocel.2006.12.005
- Ettinger D S, Akerley W, Borghaei H, et al (2012). Non-small cell lung cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw, 10, 1236-71. https://doi.org/10.6004/jnccn.2012.0130
- Gazdar A F , Schiller J H (2011). Predictive and prognostic factors for non-small cell lung cancer-potholes in the road to the promised land. J Natl Cancer Inst, 103, 1810-1. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djr497
- Grossi F , Spizzo R, Bordo D, et al (2010). Prognostic stratification of stage IIIA pN2 non-small cell lung cancer by hierarchical clustering analysis of tissue microarray immunostaining data: an alpe adria thoracic oncology multidisciplinary group study (ATOM 014). J Thorac Oncol, 5, 1354-60. https://doi.org/10.1097/JTO.0b013e3181e77a78
- Herpel E, Jensen K, Muley T, et al (2011). The cancer stem cell antigens CD133, BCRP1/ABCG2 and CD117/c-KIT are not associated with prognosis in resected early-stage non-small cell lung cancer. Anticancer Res, 31, 4491-500.
- Kalemkerian GP, Akerley W, Bogner P, et al (2013). Small cell lung cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw, 11, 78-98. https://doi.org/10.6004/jnccn.2013.0011
- Liberati A, Altman D G, Tetzlaff J, et al (2009). The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and metaanalyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions:explanation and elaboration. Ann Intern Med, 151, 65-94.
- Lu H Y, Zhang G, Cheng Q Y, et al (2012). Expression and mutation of the c-kit gene and correlation with prognosis of small cell lung cancer. Oncol Lett, 4, 89-93. https://doi.org/10.3892/ol.2012.679
- Mascaux C, Iannino N, Martin B, et al (2005). The role of RAS oncogene in survival of patients with lung cancer: a systematic review of the literature with meta-analysis. Br J Cancer, 92, 131-9. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6602258
- Matsumura Y , Umemura S, Ishii G, et al (2015). Expression profiling of receptor tyrosine kinases in high-grade neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: a comparative analysis with adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol, 1-12.
- McCarty Jr K, Miller L, Cox E, et al (1985). Estrogen receptor analyses. correlation of biochemical and immunohistochemical methods using monoclonal antireceptor antibodies. Arch Pathol Lab Med, 109, 716-21.
- Medinger M, Kleinschmidt M, Mross K, et al (2010). c-kit (CD117) expression in human tumors and its prognostic value: an immunohistochemical analysis. Pathol Oncol Res, 16, 295-301. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12253-010-9247-9
- Nakamura H, Kawasaki N, Taguchi M, et al (2006). Survival impact of epidermal growth factor receptor overexpression in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis. Thorax, 61, 140-5. https://doi.org/10.1136/thx.2005.042275
- Siegel R, Ma J, Zou Z, et al (2014). Cancer statistics, 2014. CA Cancer J Clin, 64, 9-29. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21208
- Siegel R, Naishadham D, Jemal A (2013). Cancer statistics, 2013. CA Cancer J Clin, 63, 11-30. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21166
- Xiao H, Wang J, Liu Y, et al (2014). Relative influence of c-Kit expression and epidermal growth factor receptor gene amplification on survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Lett, 8, 582-8. https://doi.org/10.3892/ol.2014.2173
- Zhao F, Chen Y, Wu Q, et al (2014). Prognostic value of CD117 in cancer: a meta-analysis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol, 7, 1012-21.