- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Impact of Cellular Genetic Make-up on Colorectal Cancer Cell Lines Response to Ellagic Acid: Implications of small interfering RNA
- Yousef, Amany I (Department of Applied Medical Chemistry, Medical Research Institute, University of Alexandria) ;
- El-Masry, Omar S (Department of Applied Medical Chemistry, Medical Research Institute, University of Alexandria) ;
- Abdel Mohsen, Mohamed A (Department of Applied Medical Chemistry, Medical Research Institute, University of Alexandria)
- Published : 2016.03.07
Ellagic acid;colorectal cancer;
- Aggarwal BB, Takada Y, Oommen OV (2004). From chemoprevention to chemotherapy: common targets and common goals. Expert Opin Investig Drugs, 13, 1327-38. https://doi.org/10.1517/135437184.108.40.2067
- Ahmed A Zeeneldin MMS, Ibrahim A Seif El-din , Sara A Frag (2012). Colorectal carcinoma in gharbiah district, Egypt:Comparison between the elderly and non-elderly. J Solid Tumors, 2, 13-23.
- Chappell WH, Steelman LS, Long JM, et al (2011). Ras/Raf/MEK/ERK and PI3K/PTEN/Akt/mTOR inhibitors: rationale and importance to inhibiting these pathways in human health. Oncotarget, 2, 135-64. https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.240
- Danielsen SA, Eide PW, Nesbakken A, et al (2015). Portrait of the PI3K/AKT pathway in colorectal cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1855, 104-21.
- Diersch S, Wenzel P, Szameitat M, et al (2013). Efemp1 and p27(Kip1) modulate responsiveness of pancreatic cancer cells towards a dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor in preclinical models. Oncotarget, 4, 277-88. https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.859
- Espin JC, Larrosa M, Garcia-Conesa MT, et al (2013). Biological significance of urolithins, the gut microbial ellagic Acidderived metabolites: the evidence so far. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med, 2013, 270418.
- Fagone P, Donia M, Mangano K, et al (2013). Comparative study of rapamycin and temsirolimus demonstrates superimposable anti-tumour potency on prostate cancer cells. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol, 112, 63-9. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-7843.2012.00923.x
- Hyun-Ah Kim R-AL, Byung In Moon, Kuk-Jin Choe (2009). Ellagic acid shows different anti-proliferative effects between the MDA-MB-231 and MCF7 human breast cancer cell lines. J Breast Cancer, 12, 85-91. https://doi.org/10.4048/jbc.2009.12.2.85
- Kao TY, Chung YC, Hou YC, et al (2012). Effects of ellagic acid on chemosensitivity to 5-fluorouracil in colorectal carcinoma cells. Anticancer Res, 32, 4413-8.
- Khan MK, Ansari IA, Khan MS (2013). Dietary phytochemicals as potent chemotherapeutic agents against breast cancer:Inhibition of NF-kappaB pathway via molecular interactions in rel homology domain of its precursor protein p105. Pharmacogn Mag, 9, 51-7. https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-1296.108140
- Knickelbein K, Zhang L (2015). Mutant KRAS as a critical determinant of the therapeutic response of colorectal cancer. Genes Dis, 2, 4-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gendis.2014.10.002
- Phipps AI, Buchanan DD, Makar KW, et al (2013). KRASmutation status in relation to colorectal cancer survival: the joint impact of correlated tumour markers. Br J Cancer, 108, 1757-64. https://doi.org/10.1038/bjc.2013.118
- Pratheeshkumar P, Budhraja A, Son YO, et al (2012). Quercetin inhibits angiogenesis mediated human prostate tumor growth by targeting VEGFR- 2 regulated AKT/mTOR/P70S6K signaling pathways. PLoS One, 7, 47516. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0047516
- Ramirez de Molina A, Vargas T, Molina S, et al (2015). The ellagic acid derivative 4,4'-di-O-methylellagic acid efficiently inhibits colon cancer cell growth through a mechanism involving WNT16. J Pharmacol Exp Ther, 353, 433-44. https://doi.org/10.1124/jpet.114.221796
- Sarasqueta AF, Forte G, Corver WE, et al (2013). Integral analysis of p53 and its value as prognostic factor in sporadic colon cancer. BMC Cancer, 13, 277. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-13-277
- Tahir AA, Sani NF, Murad NA, et al (2015). Combined ginger extract & Gelam honey modulate Ras/ERK and PI3K/AKT pathway genes in colon cancer HT29 cells. Nutr J, 14, 31. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12937-015-0015-2
- Teimoori-Toolabi L, Hashemi S, Azadmanesh K, et al (2015). Silencing the wild-type and mutant K-ras increases the resistance to 5-flurouracil in HCT-116 as a colorectal cancer cell line. Anticancer Drugs, 26, 187-96. https://doi.org/10.1097/CAD.0000000000000175
- Temraz S, Mukherji D, Shamseddine A (2015). Dual Inhibition of MEK and PI3K Pathway in KRAS and BRAF Mutated Colorectal Cancers. Int J Mol Sci, 16, 22976-88. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms160922976
- Umesalma S, Nagendraprabhu P, Sudhandiran G (2015). Ellagic acid inhibits proliferation and induced apoptosis via the Akt signaling pathway in HCT-15 colon adenocarcinoma cells. Mol Cell Biochem, 399, 303-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11010-014-2257-2
- Umesalma S, Sudhandiran G (2011). Ellagic acid prevents rat colon carcinogenesis induced by 1, 2 dimethyl hydrazine through inhibition of AKT-phosphoinositide-3 kinase pathway. Eur J Pharmacol, 660, 249-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2011.03.036
- Vadlakonda L, Dash A, Pasupuleti M, et al (2013). The Paradox of Akt-mTOR Interactions. Front Oncol, 3, 165.
- Vanella L, Di Giacomo C, Acquaviva R, et al (2013). Effects of ellagic Acid on angiogenic factors in prostate cancer cells. Cancers (Basel), 5, 726-38. https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers5020726
- Vinayak S, Carlson RW (2013). mTOR inhibitors in the treatment of breast cancer. Oncology, 27, 38-44.
- Yan WF, Wu G, Sun PC, et al (2015). P53 mutations occur more commonly than KRAS mutations in colorectal adenoma. Int J Clin Exp Med, 8, 1370-5.
- Zenonos K, Kyprianou K (2013). RAS signaling pathways, mutations and their role in colorectal cancer. World J Gastrointest Oncol, 5, 97-101.
- Zhang HM, Zhao L, Li H, et al (2014). Research progress on the anticarcinogenic actions and mechanisms of ellagic acid. Cancer Biol Med, 11, 92-100.
- The anti-oncogenic influence of ellagic acid on colon cancer cells in leptin-enriched microenvironment vol.37, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13277-016-5284-7
- Natural Polyphenols for Prevention and Treatment of Cancer vol.8, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8080515
- Antioxidative, anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic effects of ellagic acid in liver and brain of rats treated by D-galactose vol.8, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-19732-0