- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Safety Analysis of Adjuvant Chemotherapy with Docetaxel Administered with or without Anthracyclines to Early Stage Breast Cancer Patients: Combined Results from the Asia-Pacific Breast Initiatives I and II
- Kim, Sung Bae (Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine) ;
- Sayeed, Ahmed (Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital) ;
- Villalon, Antonio H (Manila Doctors Hospital) ;
- Shen, Zhen Zhou (Shanghai Fudan University Cancer Hospital) ;
- Yau, Tsz Kok (Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital) ;
- Shah, Mazhar Ali (Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre) ;
- Hou, Meng Feng (Kaohsiung Medical University) ;
- Thuan, Tran Van (K Institute (National Cancer Hospital)) ;
- Ba, Duc Nguyen (National Cancer Hospital) ;
- Chao, Tsu-Yi (Tri-Service General Hospital)
- Published : 2016.03.07
Background: The Asia-Pacific Breast Initiatives (APBI) I and II registries were established to collect safety data for patients with early stage breast cancer receiving adjuvant docetaxel-based regimens in the Asia-Pacific region. Materials and Methods: Data from the two registries were combined to perform a safety analysis. Participants in the registry were women with early stage operable breast cancer with an intermediate or high risk of recurrence. These women received adjuvant chemotherapy that included docetaxel between 2006 and 2011. Adverse events (AEs) were recorded and analyzed. Results: Data were collected from 3,224 patients from 13 countries. The mean dose intensity of docetaxel was 24.1, 22.7,
Adjuvant therapy;docetaxel;early breast cancer;taxanes
- Bordoni RE, Haislip ST, Gilmore JW, et al (2012). Estimation of the incidence of febrile neutropenia in women receiving docetaxel plus cyclophosphamide as adjuvant therapy for early-stage breast cancer: a large community-based retrospective study. Commun Oncol, 9, 158-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmonc.2012.03.013
- de Boer RH, Chan A, Tran B, et al (2011). Use of nonanthracycline regimens in early stage breast cancer in Australia. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol, 7, 4-10.
- Early Breast Cancer Trialists' Collaborative Group (EBCTCG) (2005). Effects of chemotherapy and hormonal therapy for early breast cancer on recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials. Lancet, 365, 1687-717. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)66544-0
- Fumoleau P, Roche H (2005). The Impact of docetaxel on Adjuvant Breast Cancer. Business Briefing: Eur Oncol Rev, 1, 1.
- Goble S, Bear HD (2003). Emerging role of taxanes in adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer: the potential and the questions. Surg Clin North Am, 83, 943-971 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0039-6109(03)00071-9
- Grenade C, Phelps MA, Villalona-Calero MA (2014). Race and ethnicity in cancer therapy: what have we learned? Clin Pharmacol Ther, 95, 403-12 https://doi.org/10.1038/clpt.2014.5
- Jones S, Holmes FA, O'Shaughnessy J, et al (2009). Docetaxel With Cyclophosphamide Is Associated With an Overall Survival Benefit Compared With Doxorubicin and Cyclophosphamide: 7-Year Follow-Up of US Oncology Research Trial 9735. J Clin Oncol, 27, 1177-83. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2008.18.4028
- Lu YS, Kuo SH, Huang CS (2004). Recent advances in the management of primary breast cancers. J Formos Med Assoc, 103, 579-98.
- Martin M, Pienkowski T, Mackey J, et al (2005). Adjuvant docetaxel for node-positive breast cancer. N Engl J Med, 352, 2302-13 https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa043681
- Martín M, Segui MA, Anton A, et al (2010). Adjuvant docetaxel for high-risk, node-negative breast cancer. N Engl J Med, 363, 2200-10. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa0910320
- National Collaborating Centre for Cancer (2009). NICE clinical guideline 80: Early and locally advanced breast cancer - Diagnosis and treatment.
- Pant S, Chilukuri M, Ramaswamy B (2008). Docetaxel for the post-surgery treatment of patients with node-positive breast cancer. Ther Clin Risk Manag, 4, 419-24. https://doi.org/10.2147/TCRM.S1766
- Tack DK, Palmieri FM, Perez EA (2004). Anthracycline vs nonanthracycline adjuvant therapy for breast cancer. Oncol (Williston Park), 18, 1378-81.
- von Minckwitz G, Kümmel S, Vogel P, et al (2008). German Breast Group, Intensified neoadjuvant chemotherapy in earlyresponding breast cancer: phase III randomized GeparTrio study. J Natl Cancer Inst, 100, 552-62. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djn089
- Yip CH (2009). Breast cancer in Asia. Methods Mol Biol, 471, 51-64. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-416-2_3
- Younus J, Vandenberg T, Jawaid M (2012). Febrile neutropenia rates with adjuvant docetaxel and cyclophosphamide chemotherapy in early breast cancer: discrepancy between published reports and community practice-an updated analysis. Curr OncoL, 19, 332-4.
- Patterns of Use of Docetaxel-Containing Adjuvant Chemotherapy Among Chinese Patients with Operable Breast Cancer: A Multicenter Observational Study vol.36, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12325-018-0841-7