- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Disorder of Endothelia Vessels' Functional State with Malignant Tumors in Patients Exposed Anthropogenic Radiation
- Pak, Laura (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Noso, Yoshihiro (Shimane University) ;
- Chaizhunusova, Nailya (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Manambaeva, Zukhra (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Adylkhanov, Tasbolat (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Takeichi, Nobuo (Shimane University) ;
- Olzhaev, Sayakhat (Almaty Regional Oncologic Hospital) ;
- Aldyngurov, Daniyar (Kazakh Research Institute of Oncology and Radiology) ;
- Tuleutayeva, Raikhan (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Argynbekova, Ainur (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Tanysheva, Gulyash (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Zhazykbayeva, Lashyn (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Baissalbayeva, Ainur (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Rakhypbekov, Tolebay (Semey State Medical University)
- Published : 2016.03.07
The aim of this research is to determine the characteristics of endothelial factors and the hemostatic system conditions with malignant neoplasms patients, which were exposed to ionizing radiation. Total number of examined people is 223, 153 of them are patients with gastrointestinal tract oncopathology. The article presents the results of the analysis of numerical indicators of endothelial condition and platelet hemostasis of patients, who had cancer. They lived in the regions of Kazakhstan, subjected to contamination of radionuclides as a result of nuclear weapons tests, which took place in this region from 1949 to 1989. These results then were compared to cancer patients and healthy individuals with no radiation risk. The study revealed the presence of higher levels of endothelial dysfunction and following trigger of the hemostatic system in patients with malignant tumors of the gastrointestinal tract. In particular, the defined high degree of endothelial dysfunction include endothelium-dependent vasodilation, content desquamated endothelial cells in peripheral blood and von Willebrand factor. These indicators have a clear correlation with the degree of disorder of studied parameters of the hemostasis, which can cause the development of thrombotic complications.
- Aird WC (2015). Endothelium and haemostasis. Hamostaseologie.
- Arnes JB, Stefansson IM, Straume O, et al (2012). Vascular proliferation is a prognostic factor in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 133, 501-10. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-011-1785-7
- Bauer S, Gusev BI, Pivina LM, et al (2005). Radiation exposure due to local fallout from Soviet atmospheric nuclear weapons testing in Kazakhstan: solid cancer mortality in the Semipalatinsk historical cohort, 1960-1999. Radiat Res. 164, 409-19. https://doi.org/10.1667/RR3423.1
- Celermajer DS (1998). Testing endothelial function using ultrasound. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol, 32, 29-32. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005344-199807000-00005
- Chistiakov DA, Revin VV, Sobenin IA, et al (2015). Vascular endothelium: functioning in norm, changes in atherosclerosis and current dietary approaches to improve endothelial function. Mini Rev Med Chem, 15, 338-50. https://doi.org/10.2174/1389557515666150226114031
- Daly C, Urbach DR, Stukel TA, et al (2015). Patterns of diagnostic imaging and associated radiation exposure among long-term survivors of young adult cancer: a populationbased cohort study // BMC Cancer, 15, 612. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12885-015-1578-1
- Eelen G, de Zeeuw P, Simons M, et al (2015). Endothelial cell metabolism in normal and diseased vasculature. Circ Res, 116, 1231-44. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.116.302855
- Efron B, Tibshirani RJ (1993). An introduction to the bootstrap. New York: Chapman & Hall.
- Elyamany G, Alzahrani AM, Bukhary E (2014). Cancerassociated thrombosis: an overview. Clin Med Insights Oncol, 8, 129-37.
- Epstein AS, O'Reilly EM (2012). Exocrine pancreas cancer and thromboembolic events: a systematic literature review. J Natl Compr Canc Netw, 10, 835-46. https://doi.org/10.6004/jnccn.2012.0087
- Forconi S, Gori T (2013). Endothelium and hemorheology. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc, 53, 3-10.
- Franchini M, Bonfanti C, Lippi G (2015). Cancer-associated thrombosis: investigating the role of new oral anticoagulants. Thromb Res, 135, 777-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.thromres.2015.02.024
- Heit JA (2015). Epidemiology of venous thromboembolism. Nat Rev Cardiol, 12, 464-74. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrcardio.2015.83
- Hladovec J (1978). Circulating endothelial cells as a sign of vessel wall lesions. Physiol Bohemoslov, 27, 140-4.
- Huck V, Schneider MF, Gorzelanny C, et al (2014). The various states of von Willebrand factor and their function in physiology and pathophysiology. Thromb Haemost, 111, 598-609. https://doi.org/10.1160/TH13-09-0800
- Lacroix S, Rosiers CD, Tardif JC, et al (2012). The role of oxidative stress in postprandial endothelial dysfunction. Nutr Res Rev, 25, 288-301. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0954422412000182
- Laurier D, Gay D (2015). Risks associated to ionizing radiation from natural sources. Rev Prat, 65, 74-8.
- Machalinska A, Safranow K, Sylwestrzak Z, et al (2011). Elevated level of circulating endothelial cells as an exponent of chronic vascular dysfunction in the course of AMD. Klin Oczna, 113, 228-32.
- McMichael M (2012). New models of hemostasis. Top Companion Anim Med, 27, 40-5. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.tcam.2012.07.005
- Molina JA, Jimenez-Jimenez FJ, Navarro JA, et al (1995). Serum levels of nitrates in focal cerebral ischemia. Eur J Neurol, 2, 225-7. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-1331.1995.tb00123.x
- Moysich KB, Menezes RJ, Michalek AM, et al (2002). Chernobyl-related ionising radiation exposure and cancer risk: an epidemiological review. Lancet Oncol, 3, 269-79. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(02)00727-1
- Okutan O, Ayten O (2014). Venous thromboembolism and cancer. Tuberk Toraks, 62, 301-15. https://doi.org/10.5578/tt.8314
- Pober JS, Min W, Bradley JR (2009). Mechanisms of endothelial dysfunction, injury, and death. Annu Rev Pathol, 4, 71-95. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pathol.4.110807.092155
- Puissant C, Abraham P, Durand S, et al (2014). Endothelial function: role, assessment and limits. J Mal Vasc, 39, 47-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmv.2013.11.004
- Ramcharan KS, Lip GY, Stonelake PS, et al (2015). Increased pre-surgical numbers of endothelial progenitor cells and circulating endothelial cells in colorectal cancer fail to predict outcome. Int J Colorectal Dis, 30, 315-21. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-014-2116-3
- Rebelo SL, Amel-Kashipaz MR, Radford PM, et al (2009). Novel markers of inflammation identified in tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated periodic syndrome (TRAPS) by transcriptomic analysis of effects of TRAPS-associated tumor necrosis factor receptor type I mutations in an endothelial cell line. Arthritis Rheum, 60, 269-80. https://doi.org/10.1002/art.24147
- Shah DJ, Sachs RK, Wilson DJ (2012). Radiation-induced cancer: a modern view // British J Radiol, 85, 1166-73. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/25026140
- Shilkina NP, Butusova SV, Driazhenkova IV (2014). System of microcirculation, markers of vascular wall damage and systematicity of the process in rheumatic diseases. Angiol Sosud Khir, 20, 27-34.
- Shore RE (2009). Low-dose radiation epidemiology studies:status and issues. Health Phys, 97, 481-6. https://doi.org/10.1097/HP.0b013e3181ab98d9
- Strzelczyk JJ, Damilakis J, Marx MV, et al (2007). Facts and controversies about radiation exposure, part 2: low-level exposures and cancer risk. J Am Coll Radiol, 4, 32-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2006.07.010
- Trujillo Santos AJ (2012). Management of thromboembolic risk in patients with cancer. Med Clin (Barc). 139, 31-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0025-7753(12)70039-8
- Turner N, Nolasco L, Nolasco J, et al (2014). Thrombotic microangiopathies and the linkage between von Willebrand factor and the alternative complement pathway. Semin Thromb Hemost, 40, 544-50. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0034-1383547
- Verhamme P, Hoylaerts MF (2006). The pivotal role of the endothelium in haemostasis and thrombosis. Acta Clin Belg, 61, 213-9. https://doi.org/10.1179/acb.2006.036
- Vlodavsky I, Ilan N, Nadir Y, et al (2007). Heparanase, heparin and the coagulation system in cancer progression. Thromb Res, 120, 112-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0049-3848(07)70139-1
- Xu Y, Arora RC, Hiebert BM, et al (2014). Non-invasive endothelial function testing and the risk of adverse outcomes:a systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging, 15, 736-46. https://doi.org/10.1093/ehjci/jet256
- Endothelial dysfunction in rectal cancer patients chronically exposed to ionizing radiation vol.56, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00411-017-0695-4
- PNPLA1 defects in patients with autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis and KO mice sustain PNPLA1 irreplaceable function in epidermal omega-O-acylceramide synthesis and skin permeability barrier vol.26, pp.10, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1093/hmg/ddx079