- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Clinical Study on Juheli (Recombinant Human Interleukin - 11) in the Second Prevention of Chemotherapy Induced Thrombocytopenia
- Xiao, Yang ;
- Liu, Jun ;
- Huang, Xin-En ;
- Guo, Jian-Xiong ;
- Fu, Peng-Chao ;
- Huang, Xiao-Hong ;
- Zhou, Juan ;
- Ye, Ai-Qin
- Published : 2016.03.07
Objective: to investigate the effect and side effects of recombinant human interleukin - 11 (rhIL - 11, in Chinese Juheli, produced by Qi Lu Biotechnology CO., LTD) in the second prevention of chemotherapy induced thrombocytopenia (CIT). Methods: Cancer patients with CIT were recruited and were treated with rhIL - 11 (treatment phase, TP), and in the following cycle, all these patients administered with rhIL - 11 24 hours immediately after chemotherapy (preventive treatment phase, PTP). Duration and severity of thrombocytopenia between two phases were compared. Results: for patients in TP or PTP, nadir values of platelet were (
Recombinant human interleukin;11;second prevention;chemotherapy induced thrombocytopenia
- Qian YD, Xu X, Wang L, Huang XE (2014). Clinical safety of chemotherapy for elderly cancer patients complicated with hypertension. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 9875-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.22.9875
- Shen K, Huang XE (2015). Clinical investigation in effect of riboflavin sodium phosphate on prevention and treatment for patients with radiotherapy related esophagitis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 1525-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.4.1525
- Shi B, Zhang XB, Xu J, et al (2015). Systematic Analysis of Icotinib Treatment for Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 5521-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.13.5521
- Sun YH, Cui L, Chen J, et al (2015). Analysis of Relationships Between Prethrombotic States and Cervical Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 6163-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.14.6163
- Tepler I, Elias L, Smith JW II et al (1996). A randomized placebocontrolled trial of recombinant human interleukin-11 in cancer patients with severe thrombocytopenia due to chemotherapy. Blood, 87, 3607-3614.
- Teramura M, Kobayashi S, Yoshinaga K et al (1996). Effect of interleukin 11 on normal and pathological thrombopoiesis. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol, 38 (suppl), S99-102. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002800051048
- Tian GY, Miu M, Huang XE (2014). Systematic analysis of pemetrexed-based chemoradiotherapy for patients with locally advanced or metastatic esophageal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 8475-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.19.8475
- Vredenburgh JJ, Hussein A, Fisher D et al (1998). A randomized trial of recombinant human interleukin-11 following autologous bone marrow transplantation with peripheral blood progenitor cell support in patients with breast cancer. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant, 4, 134-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1083-8791(98)50002-X
- Wang L, Huang XE (2015). Clinical study on safety and efficacy of JiSaiXin (recombinant human granulocyte colony stimulating factor injection manufactured in China) for Chinese undergoing chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 299-301. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.1.299
- Wang L, Huang XE, Cao J (2014). Clinical study on safety of cantharidin sodium and shenmai injection combined with chemotherapy in treating patients with breast cancer postoperatively. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 5597-600. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.14.5597
- Wu XY, Huang XE (2015). Clinical Application of Serum Tumor Abnormal Protein (TAP) in Colorectal Cancer Patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 3425-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.8.3425
- Wu XY, Huang XE (2015). Screening for patients with non-small cell lung cancer who could survive long term chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 647-52. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.2.647
- Wu XY, Huang XE, Cao J, et al (2014). A predictive model for evaluating responsiveness to pemetrexed treatment in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 5941-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.14.5941
- Xiao Y, Liu J, Huang XE, et al (2014). Clinical study on fluvoxamine combined with oxycodone prolonged-release tablets in treating patients with moderate to severe cancer pain. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 10445-9.
- Xiao Y, Liu J, Liu YC, et al (2014). Phase II study on EANI combined with hydrochloride palonosetron for prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting following highly emetogenic chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 3951-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.9.3951
- Huang XE, Tian GY, Cao J, et al (2014). Pemetrexed as a component of first-, second- and third- line chemotherapy in treating patients with metastatic lung adenocarcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 6663-7.
- Huang XE, Wang L, Ji ZQ, et al (2015). Safety of Lienal Polypeptide Injection Combined with Chemotherapy in Treating Patients with Advanced Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 7837-41. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.17.7837
- Huang XE, Yan XC, Wang L, et al (2015). Thalidomide Combined with Chemotherapy in Treating Patients with Advanced Colorectal Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 7867-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.17.7867
- Isaacs C, Robert NJ, Bailey FA et al (1997). Randomized placebocontrolled study of recombinant human interleukin-11 to prevent chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia in patients with breast cancer receiving dose-intensive cyclophosphamide and doxorubicin. J Clin Oncol, 15, 3368-77. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.1918.104.22.16868
- Jenkins JM, Williams D, Deng Y, et al (2007). . Phase 1 clinical study of eltrombopag, an oral, nonpeptide thrombopoietin receptor agonist. Blood, 109, 4739-41. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2006-11-057968
- Ji ZQ, Huang XE, Wu XY, et al (2014). Safety of Brucea javanica and cantharidin combined with chemotherapy for treatment of NSCLC patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 8603-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.20.8603
- Kaplan RN, Psaila B, Lyden D (2007). Niche-to-niche migration of bone-marrow-derived cells. Trends Mol Med, 13, 72-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molmed.2006.12.003
- Li Y, Huang XE (2015). A Pooled Analysis on Crizotinib in Treating Chinese Patients with EML4-ALK Positive Nonsmall-cell Lung Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 4797-800. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.11.4797
- Liu J, Huang XE (2015). Clinical application of serum tumor abnormal protein from patients with gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 4041-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.9.4041
- Liu J, Huang XE l (2014). Efficacy of Bifidobacterium tetragenous viable bacteria tablets for cancer patients with functional constipation. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 10241-4.
- Liu J, Huang XE, Feng JF (2014). Further study on pemetrexed based chemotherapy in treating patients with advanced gastric cancer (AGC). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 6587-90. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.16.6587
- Liu MY, Huang XE (2015). Effects of analgecine on oxaliplatininduced neurotoxicity in patients with gastrointestinal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 4465-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.10.4465
- Lu YY, Huang XE, Wu XY, et al (2014). Clinical observations on associations between the UGT1A1 genotype and severe toxicity of irinotecan. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 3335-41. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.7.3335
- McCullough J (2000). Current issues with platelet transfusion in patients with cancer. Semin Hematol, 37 (suppl 4), 3-10. https://doi.org/10.1053/shem.2000.0370003
- Orazi A, Cooper RJ, Tong J et al (1996). Effects of recombinant human interleukin-11 (Neumega rHuIL-11 growth factor) on megakaryocytopoiesis in human bone marrow. Exp Hematol, 24, 1289-97.
- Qian T, Huang XE (2015). Study of Pemetrexed-based Chemotherapy for Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Cancers. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 4791-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.11.4791
- Cao J, Huang XE, Liu J, et al (2014). Comparison of efficacy and toxicity of first line chemotherapy with or without epirubicin for patients with advanced stage soft tissue sarcoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 7171-7.
- Chen YS, Xu SX, Ding YB, et al (2014). Colorectal cancer screening in high-risk populations: a survey of cognition among medical professionals in Jiangsu, China. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 6487-91.
- Chen YS, Xu SX, Ding YB, et al (2014). Helicobacter pylori Infection and the risk of colorectal adenoma and adenocarcinoma: an updated meta-analysis of different testing methods. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 7613-9.
- Clarke K, Basser RL (1996). The role of platelet growth factors in cancer therapy. Stem Cells, 14 (suppl 1), 274-280. https://doi.org/10.1002/stem.5530140735
- Cui L, Liu XX, Jiang Y, et al (2014). Phase II study on dose escalating schedule of paclitaxel concurrent with radiotherapy in treating patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 1699-702. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.4.1699
- Cui L, Sun YH, Chen J, et al (2015). Analysis of Prethrombotic States in Patients with Malignant Tumors. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 5477-82. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.13.5477
- Demetri GD (2000). Pharmacologic treatment options in patients with thrombocytopenia. Semin Hematol, 37 (suppl 4), 11-18. https://doi.org/10.1053/shem.2000.7388
- Elting LS, Rubenstein EB, Martin CG, et al (2001). . Incidence, cost, and outcomes of bleeding and chemotherapy dose modification among solid tumor patients with chemotherapyinduced thrombocytopenia. J Clin Oncol, 19, 1137-1146. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2001.19.4.1137
- Gordon MS, McCaskill-Stevens WJ, Battiato LA et al (1996). A phase I trial of recombinant human interleukin-11 (Neumega rHuIL-11 growth factor) in women with breast cancer receiving chemotherapy. Blood, 87, 3615-3624.
- Huang XE, Cao J, Qian ZY, et al (2014). Leucogen tablets at 60 mg three times per day are safe and effective to control febrile neutropenia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 8495-7. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.19.8495
- Xu C, Huang XE, Lv PH, et al (2015). Radiofrequency Ablation in Treating Colorectal Cancer Patients with Liver Metastases. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 8559-61.
- Xu C, Huang XE, Wang SX, et al (2014). Drainage alone or combined with anti-tumor therapy for treatment of obstructive jaundice caused by recurrence and metastasis after primary tumor resection. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 2681-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.6.2681
- Xu C, Huang XE, Wang SX, et al (2015). Comparison of infection between internal-external and external percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage in treating patients with malignant obstructive jaundice. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 2543-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.6.2543
- Xu C, Lv PH, Huang XE, et al (2014). Safety and efficacy of sequential transcatheter arterial chemoembolization and portal vein embolization prior to major hepatectomy for patients with HCC. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 703-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.2.703
- Xu C, Lv PH, Huang XE, et al (2014). Analysis of different ways of drainage for obstructive jaundice caused by hilar cholangiocarcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 5617-20. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.14.5617
- Xu C, Lv PH, Huang XE, et al (2014). Internal-external percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage for patients with malignant obstructive jaundice. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 9391-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.21.9391
- Xu C, Lv PH, Huang XE, et al (2015). Efficacy of Transarterial Chemoembolization Combined with Radiofrequency Ablation in Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 6159-62. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.14.6159
- Xu C, Lv PH, Huang XE, et al (2015). Radiofrequency Ablation for Liver Metastases after Transarterial Chemoembolization: A Systemic Analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 5101-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.12.5101
- Yang L, Sun Y, Huang XE, et al (2015). Carcinoma microsatellite instability status as a predictor of benefit from fluorouracilbased adjuvant chemotherapy for stage II rectal cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 1545-51. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.4.1545
- Zhou SB, Liu YC, Yin XX, et al (2015). Clinical observation of three dimensional conformal radiotherapy with tamoxifen in treatment of postoperative malignant glioma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 1743-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.5.1743
- Ratio in Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin vol.38, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1089/jir.2017.0146