- Volume 2 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Simple Cost Analysis of Host ID-LOC Separating protocol using SDN Features
- Lee, Chan-Haeng (College of Informatics, Korea University) ;
- Choi, Chang-Won (Division of Computer Engineering, Hanshin University)
- Received : 2016.11.29
- Accepted : 2016.12.23
- Published : 2016.12.30
The IP address used in the Internet has the role of both identifier and locator to bind a host and the application, however, this binding restricts some functions such as mobility and multi-homing. As a result, we suggested a host ID-LOC separation protocol using DHT with SDN features. The proposed scheme is a network-based scheme, and uses IPv6 addresses. The underlying network is partitioned into Host Identity domain and IP domain for identifiers and locators. In this paper, we present a simple cost model for analyzing both the proposed scheme and one of the previous works, the MOFI. The result of cost analysis shows better performance of the proposed scheme.
- R. Moskowitz, P. Nikander, P. Jokela, ed., T. Henderson, "Host Identity Protocol", IETF, RFC 5201, 2008.
- D. Farinacci, V. Fuller, D. Meyer, D. Lewis, "The Locator / ID Separation Protocol (LISP)", IETF, RFC 6830, 2013.
- E. Nordmark, M. Bagnulo, "shim6: Level 3 Multi-homing Shim Protocol for IPv6", IETF, RFC 5533, 2009.
- J. Kim, H. Jung, S. Koh, "Mobile Oriented Future Internet (MOFI): Architectural Design and Implementations", ETRI Journal, vol.35, no.4 pp. 666-676, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.13.1812.0064
- M. Gohar, S.J. Koh, Network-based Distributed Mobility Control in Localized Mobile LISP Networks, Communications Letters, IEEE, Vol.16, Issue 1, pp. 104-107, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2011.111011.111898
- M.Menth, D. Klein, M. Hartmann, Improvements to LISP Mobile Node, 22nd International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 22), Sep. 2010.
- C.H. Lee, S.M. Kim, S.G. Min, Y.H. Han, "A Network-based Host Identifier Locator Separating Protocol in software-defined networks", Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), 2015 Seventh International Conference on, Aug. 2015.
- S. Ratnasamy, P. Francis, M. Handley, R. Karp, S. Shenker, A scalable content-addressable network, SIGCOMM'01, pp. 161-172, Aug. 2001.
- ONF White Paper, Software-Defined Networking: The New Norm for Networks, https://www.opennetworking.org/images/stories/downloads/sdnresources/white-papers/wp-sdn-newnorm.pdf, Open Networking Foundation.