- Volume 2 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
IoT-based Indoor Localization Scheme
IoT 기반의 실내 위치 추정 기법
- Kim, Tae-Kook (Department of Information and Communications Engineering, Tongmyong University)
- 김태국 (동명대학교 정보통신공학과)
- Received : 2016.12.01
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.30
This paper is about IoT(Internet of Things)-based indoor localization scheme. GPS and WiFi are widely used to estimate the location of things. However, GPS has drawback of poor reception and radio disturbance in doors. To estimate the location in WiFi-based method, the user collects the information by scanning nearby WiFi(s) and transferring the information to WiFi database server. This is a fingerprint method with disadvantage of having an additional DB server. IoT is the internetworking of things, and this is on rapid rise. I propose the IoT-based indoor localization scheme. Under the proposed method, a device internetworking with another device with its own location information like GPS coordinate can estimate its own location through RSSI. With more devices localizing its own, the localization accuracy goes high. The proposed method allows the user to estimate the location without GPS and WiFi DB server.
Supported by : 동명대학교
- Doopedia, Location based service[Internet], http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1232842&cid=40942&categoryId=32379.
- D.G.Kim, H.S.Lee, S.Y.Kim, T.W.Kim, and H.W. Lee, "LBS/GPS based Bicycle Safety Application with Arduino," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.2 No.1, pp.7-15, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2016.2.1.007
- S.H.Lee, K.W.Min, J.C.Kim, J.W.Kim, and J.H.Park, "Technical Trend of Location-Based Service," ETRI Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol.20 No.3, pp.33-42, 2005.
- Doopedia, Global positioning system[Internet], http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1166078&cid=40942&categoryId=32379.
- T.K.Kim and E.J.Kim, "A Novel 3D Indoor Localization Scheme Using Virtual Access Point," International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Vol.2014, pp.1-6, 2014.
- H.Liu, H.Darabi, P.Banerjee, and J.Liu, "Survey of Wireless Indoor Positioning Techniques and Systems," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C (Applications and Reviews), Vol.37, No.6, pp.1067-1080, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2007.905750
- H.Koyuncu and S.H.Yang, "A Survey of Indoor Positioning and Object Locating Systems," International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol.10, No.5, pp.121-128, 2010.
- Z.Li, W.Dehaene, and G.Gielen, "A 3-tier UWB-based indoor localization system for ultra-low-power sensor networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol.8, No.6, 2009.
- L.M. Ni, D. Zhang, and M.R.Souryal, "RFID-based localization and tracking technologies," IEEE Wireless Communications, Vol.18, No.2, 2011.
- S.S.Saab and Z.S.Nakad, "A Standalone RFID Indoor Positioning System Using Passive Tags," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.58, No.5, pp.1961-1970, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2055774
- S.A.Golden and S.S.Bateman, "Sensor Measurements for Wi-Fi Location with Emphasis on Time-of-Arrival Ranging," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol.6, No.10, pp.1536-1233, 2007.
- SH. Lee and D.W.Lee, "A Study on u-Health Fusion Field based on Internet of Thing," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.7, No.4, pp.19-24, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.019
- Y.C.Ahn, J.P.Lee, J.W.Lee, J.K.Song, and K.H.Lee, "Development of Convergence Smart Home Platform based on Image Processing and Sensor Network in IoT Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.2, No.3, pp.37-41, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2016.2.3.037
- M.K.Kim, "A Wireless LAN based Indoor Positioning System Using Environment information surrounding Access Points," HANBAT National University, Master's Degree, 2011.
- J.Yin, Q.Yang, and L.M. Ni, "Learning Adaptive Temporal Radio Maps for Signal-Strength-Based Location Estimation," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol.7, No.7, pp.869-883, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2007.70764