- Volume 2 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Physical Computing Learning Model for Information and Communication Education
정보통신기술 교육을 위한 피지컬 컴퓨팅 학습모델
- Lee, Yong-Jin (Korea National University of Education)
- 이용진 (한국교원대학교 기술교육과)
- Received : 2016.09.13
- Accepted : 2016.10.05
- Published : 2016.09.30
This paper aims to present the physical computing learning model applicable in teaching the information and communication technology for technology and engineering education. This model is based on the physical computing and deals with the information creation and information transfer in one framework, thus provides students with the total understanding and practice opportunity about information and communication. The proposed learning models are classified into the client-server based model and the web based model. In the implemented learning model, the acquirement and control of information is performed by sketch on Arduino and the communication of information is performed by the Python socket on Raspberry Pi well known as an education platform. Our proposed learning model can be used for teaching students to understand the concept of Internet of Things (IoT), which provides us with world wide control and communication of information.
- D. Surllivan, T. Igoe Physical Computing: Sensing and Controlling the Physical World with Computers, Course Technology Press, 2004.
- J. Marquez, J. Villanueva, Z. Solarte, and A. Garcia, IoT in Education: Integration of Objects with Virtual Academic Communities, New Advances in Information Systems and Technologies, 201-212, 2016.
- C. Bulla, B. Hunshai, and S. Mehta, "Adoption of Cloud Computing in Education System: A Survey," International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 6375-6380, 2016.
- Arduino, "Arduino open-source prototyping platform," http://www.arduino.cc, 2016.
- H. Cheng, L. Hao, Z. Luo, and F. Wang, "Establishing the Connection between Control Theory Education and Application: An Arduino Based Rapid Control Prototyping Approach," International Journal of Learning and Teaching, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.67-72, 2016.
- A. Kurniawan, Getting Started with Intel IoT and Intel Galileo, Berlin, October, 2014.
- The Raspberry Pi Foundation, Raspberry Pi, http://www.raspberrypi.og, 2016.
- J. Sobota, R. Pisl, P. Balda, M. Schlegel, "Raspberry Pi and Arduino boards in control education," The Proc. of 10th IFAC Symposium Advances in Control Education," August 28-30, pp. 7-12, Sheffield, UK, 2013.
- A. Huang, Introduction to Bluetooth Programming," https://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/c212.html, 2008.
- Flask, Web development, one drop at a time, http://flask.pocoo.org/