- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Relationship of Stress and Aggression on Schoolchildren with Physical disability
학령기 지체장애 아동의 스트레스와 공격성 비교연구
- Kim, Hee-Jung (Dept. of Occupational Therapy, Kaya University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Hyun (Dept. of Occupational Therapy, Gimcheon University)
- Received : 2016.10.31
- Accepted : 2016.11.27
- Published : 2016.11.30
Purpose : The purpose of this study was to know the relationship of stress and aggression of children with physical disability. The study also tried to search the factors affecting aggression and offer the information to the department of occupational therapy for intervention. Method : We distributed questionnaire to 105 children who have disability grades from hospitals in Gyeongsangbukdo, Gyeongsangnamdo, Daegu, and Busan and collected the data. We used descriptives for analysis of general characteristics, t-test and one-way ANOVA for stress and aggression according to characteristics, and Pearson correlation coefficient and stepwise regression for stress and aggression. Result : The first, stress score was 2.65, aggression was 2.53, and physical aggression was 3.01 that is the highest score in the items. The second, there was a significant difference of physical aggression(p=.021) in comparison of the grades. There was a significant difference of stress(p=.048), total aggression(p=.040), and physical aggression(p=.047) in comparison of gender. There was significant difference of stress(p=.035) and total aggression(p=.042) in satisfaction of school. The third, there was a significant correlation of total aggression(r=.475), physical aggression(r=.568), language aggression(r=.311), anger(r=.397), and hostility (r=.491) quantitatively in correlation of stress and aggression. The fourth, the factors affecting aggression of children with physical disability were stress, male, and satisfaction of school(F=61.187, p<.01). Conclusion : We knew that factors affecting aggression of children with physical disability were their stress and some of general characteristics.
- Cho, S. K., Kim, H. J. (2012). To Examine the Effects of a Horticultural activities Program on Physically Handicapped Children's Self Esteem and Stress. J of Child Education. 21(2), 299-310.
- Choi, A. N. (2006). A Study on the Fostering Stress of the Parents with a Disabled Child, Journal of Korean Association for Healing Arts 1(1), 139-165.
- Chung, J. K. (1999). The Survey on Career Attitude of Students with Physical Disability , Korean Journal of Physical, Multiple, & Health Disabilities. 33(1), 43-57.
- Chung, J. K., Lee, H. S., MY Chung, M. Y. (2008). Stress Levels and Coping Actions of Physical Handicapped Students. J of Special Education: Theory and Practice. 9(2), 25-44.
- Eron LD: Prescription for reduction of aggression. American Psychologist, 35, 244-263, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.35.3.244
- Heo, S., Mun, M. H. (2013). Effects of Nanta Activity Using Nanta Drum on Stress and Self-Esteem of Students with Intellectual Disabilities. J of Special Education: Theory and Practice. 14(3), 281-305.
- Hong, J. W. (2006). The Effects of Self-Growth Group Counseling on the Emotional Intelligence of Students with Physical Disability. unpublished master's thesis, University of Kangwon, Chuncheon.
- Jeon, M. S., Kim, H. O. (2013). Relationship of Stress, Coping, Behaviors, Depression and Aggression on School-Age Children. J Korean Soc Matern Child Health, 17(2), 270-281. https://doi.org/10.21896/jksmch.2013.17.2.270
- Jung, Y. J., Kim, S. Y., Lee, S, J. (2007). Effects of Yoga Program to Decrease Aggression of Disabled Children. Journal of Adapted Physical Activity & Exercise, 15(4), 139-158. https://doi.org/10.17006/kjapa.2007.15.4.139
- Kim, H. J., Kim, E. S., Kim, B. E., Shin, D. E., Lee, S. Y., Jung, H. R. (2016). Correlation of Elderly Activity Level and Interpersonal Relationship. The Journal of Korean Society of Community Based Occupational Therapy, 6(1), 25-32. https://doi.org/10.18598/kcbot.2016.06.01.03
- Kim, Y. S., Park, H. J. (2008) Analysis of stress recognized by primary school students. J of Child Education, 17(4), 63-76.
- Lee, J. C. Chung, Y, R., Koo, B. K., Sohn, J. H., Kim, J. K. (1995). psychology for human behavioral. MoonEm publishing company, Seoul.
- Lee, H. S., Kim, S. M. (2011). The Effect of Art Play Activities on Aggression and Selective Attention of Young Children with Developmental Delay. Journal of mental retardation, 13(1), 123-143.
- Min, H. Y., Yoo, A. J. (1998). Development of daily hassles coping scale for children. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 36(7), 83-96.
- Noh, D. H., Lee, S. (2010). The Influences of Self-Regulation and Stress Coping Behaviors of Low-Income Children on Behavioral Problems. Korean Journal of Child Psychotherapy, 5(1), 85-102.
- Seo, S. G., Kwon, S. M. (2002). Brief report : Validation study of the Korean Version of the Aggression Question-naire. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 21(2), 487-501.
- Shin, H. J. (2012). The Effects of Stress Coping Behavior, Family Strength and Social Support on Aggression in Elementary School Students. unpublished master's thesis, University of Pukyong, Busan Metropolitan City.
- Song, S. H. (2002). Children problems : Centering on children's stress, Faculty reseach papers on the study of education, 23(1), 135-151.
- Yang. B. M. (2008) The Effects of Coaching Social Skills Using Personality Development Program on Reducing the Aggression of Students with Developmental Disability. Journal of mental retardation, 10(3), 27-46.