- Volume 51 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Mechanical Behavior for Carbon Black Added Natural Rubber Using Hyperelastic Constitutive Model
- Kim, Beomkeun (High Safety Vehicle Core Technology Research Center, Inje University Gimhae)
- Received : 2016.12.06
- Accepted : 2016.12.08
- Published : 2016.12.31
The rubber materials are widely used in automobile industry due to their capability of a large amount of elastic deformation under a force. Current trend of design process requires prediction of functional properties of parts at early stage. The behavior of rubber material can be modeled using strain energy density function. In this study, five different strain energy density functions - Neo-Hookean model, Reduced Polynomial
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Shin Hur, Jun-Sik Park, and Dong-Soo Kim, "Mechanical Performance Analysis of Elastomer Seal for Pneumatic Servo Cylinder", Proceedings of the KSME 2009 Spring Annual Meeting, 597 (2009).
- Young-Chul Park, Dae-seok Jung, Ji-young Kim, and Jong-moon Lee, "The structural Design for Nonlinear Hyperelastic Materials Based on CFD", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers - A., 30, 379 (2006). https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2006.30.4.379
- Hyeon Cheol Park and Sung-Kie Youn, "A Study on the Characterization of Gum Vulcanizates by strain energy function of hyperelastic material", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, 16, 1341 (1992).
- Sang Soo Ahn, Seong Rae Kim, Han Seok Park, Yong Gu Kang, Jae Mean Koo, and Chang Sung Seok, "Evaluation of fatigue characteristics of rubber for tire using strain energy density", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers - A., 36, 1163 (2012). https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.10.1163
- Yong-woo Kim and Jong Guk Kim, "F.E. Analysis of the radial tire inflation using the hyperelastic properties of rubber compounds sampled from a tire", Transaction of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 11, 125 (2003).
- Hyun Woo Shin, Jong Woo Hong, and Yi Kwang Choi, "Performance analysis of Urethane packing in the hydraulic breaker by a finite element method", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, 33, 139 (2016). https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2016.33.2.139
- Seung-Ha Lee, Tae-Won Lee, and Woo-Jin Sim, "A study on the structural characteristics of the hollow gasket made of silicon rubber", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers - A, 26, 2044 (2002). https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.10.2044
- Heon Young Kim, Joong Jae Kim, and Nak Kyu Lee, "Deformation analysis and shape optimization for automotive engine mounting rubber", Transaction of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 7, 347 (1999).
- Changsu Woo, Hyunsung Park, Younggil Kim, Waegi Shin, and Deughwan Joe, "Finite element analysis and evaluation of automotive rubber components", Proceedings of the KSAE 2010 Spring Annual Meeting, 951 (2010).
- Heonyoung Kim, Hyungil Moon, Changwan Lee, Jongsoon Lim, Jihun Park, and Youngtae Kim, "Deformation analysis of seal lip for design of automotive wheel bearing seal", Proceedings of the KSAE 2006 Spring Annual Meeting, 977 (2006).
- Shin Hur, Wan Doo Kim, Chang Soo Woo, Wan Soo Kim, Seong Beom Lee, "The study of static and dynamic characteristics for TM rubber mount", Proceedings of the KSAE 2004 Spring Annual Meeting, 1243 (2004).
- Wan-doo Kim, Wan-soo Kim, Dong-jin Kim, Chang-soo Woo, and Hak-joo Lee, "Mechanical testing and nonlinear material properties for finite element analysis of rubber components", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers - A., 28, 848 (2004). https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2004.28.6.848
- M. Sasso, G. Palmieri,14. G. Chiappini, and D. Amodio, "Characterization of hyperelastic rubber-like materials by biaxial and uniaxial stretching tests based on optical methods", Polymer Testing, 27, 995 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2008.09.001
- J. Ordieres-Mere, A. Bello-Garcia, V. Munoz-Munilla, and J. J. Del-Coz-Diaz, "Finite element analysis of the hyper-elastic contact problem in automotive door sealing", Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 354, 5331 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2008.04.056
- B. Chouchaoui, "Rubber seal 15.development via computer simulation", Sealing Technology, 8 (2016).
- M. A. Hassan, A. Abouel-Kasem, Mahmoud A. El-Sharief, and F. Yusof, "Evaluation of the material constants of nitrile butadiene rubbers (NBRs) with different carbon black loading (CB): FE-simulation and experimental", Polymer, 53, 3807 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2012.06.032
- T. Beda, "An approach for hyperelastic model-building and parameters estimation a review of constitutive models", European Polymer Journal, 50, 97 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2013.10.006
- Z. Guo and L. J. Sluys, "Application of a new constitutive model for the description of rubber-like materials under monotonic loading", Int. J. of Solids and Structures, 43, 2799 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2005.06.026
- Dong-Jin Kim, Wan-Doo Kim, Wan-Soo Kim, and Young-Shin Lee, "A study on the equi-biaxial tension test of rubber material", Proceedings of the KSME 2003 Spring Annual Meeting, 425 (2003).
- ABAQUS Analysis User's Manual, Version 6.13, p. ABAQUS, Inc. Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 2015.
- Contemporary applications of carbon black-filled polymer composites: An overview of essential aspects pp.1530-8014, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/8756087917725773