- Volume 49 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of a Deep Vertical Closed-Loop Heat Exchanger through Thermal Response Test and Thermal Resistance Analysis
열응답 실험 및 열저항 해석을 통한 장심도 수직밀폐형 지중열교환기의 성능 분석
- Shim, Byoung Ohan (Korea Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources (KIGAM)) ;
- Park, Chan-Hee (Korea Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources (KIGAM)) ;
- Cho, Heuy-Nam (G&G Technology Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Byeong-Dae (Korea Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources (KIGAM)) ;
- Nam, Yujin (Pusan National University, Department of Architectural Engineering)
- Received : 2016.11.18
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.28
Due to the limited areal space for installation, borehole heat exchangers (BHEs) at depths deeper than 300 m are considered for geothermal heating and cooling in the urban area. The deep vertical closed-loop BHEs are unconventional due to the depth and the range of the typical installation depth is between 100 and 200 m in Korea. The BHE in the study consists of 50A (outer diameter 50 mm, SDR 11) PE U-tube pipe in a 150 mm diameter borehole with the depth of 300 m. In order to compensate the buoyancy caused by the low density of PE pipe (
Supported by : 에너지기술평가원
- MOTIE (Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy), The second national energy master plan, 2014.
- Lee, Dae-sung, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources, Geological map of Korea, 1:50,000, 1974.
- Cho, Heuy-Nam, Lee, Dal-Heui and Jeong, Gyo-Cheol, Efficiency of geothermal energy generation assessed from measurements of deep depth geothermal conductivity, The Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 233-241, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2012.22.2.233
- Austin WA. Development of an in-situ system for measuring ground thermal properties. Master's thesis. Oklahoma State University. USA, 1998.
- Focaccia S., Thermal response test numerical modeling using a dynamic simulator, Geothermal Energy, 1:3, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1186/2195-9706-1-3
- Gehlin S. Thermal response test: method development and evaluation. Ph.D. thesis. Lulea University of Technology; 2002.
- Kavanaugh S, Xie L, and Martin C. Investigation of methods for determining soil and rock formation thermal properties from short term field tests. Final Report for ASHRAE TRP-1118, 2000.
- Koenig A., Thermal resistance of borehole heat exchangers composed of multiple loops and custom shapes. Geothermal Energy, 3:10, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40517-015-0029-1
- Koenig, A., and M. Helmke. ''Development of a thermal resistance model to evaluate wellbore heat exchange efficiency.'' Int J Energy Environ 5.3, 297-304, 2014.
- Raymond J, Therrien R, Gosselin L, and Lefebvre R. A review of thermal response test analysis using pumping test concepts. Ground Water, 49:932-45, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6584.2010.00791.x
- Sanner B, Mands E, Sauer M, and Grundmann E. Technology, development status, and routine application of thermal response test. In: Proceedings of EGC; 2007.
- Shim B.O., and Park C.-H., Ground thermal conductivity for (ground source heat pumps) GSHPs in Korea, Energy, 56, 167-174, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2013.04.059
- Signorelli S., Simone Bassetti, Daniel Pahud, and Thomas Kohl, Numerical evaluation of thermal response tests, Geothermics, Volume 36, Issue 2, Pages 141-166, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geothermics.2006.10.006
- Wagner R, and Clauser C. Evaluating thermal response tests using parameter estimation for thermal conductivity and thermal capacity. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, 2:349, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-2132/2/4/S08