- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Relationship of Multicultural Adolescents' Stress, Depression, Family Resilience and Internet Game Addiction
다문화청소년의 스트레스, 우울과 가족탄력성 및 인터넷게임중독의 관계에 대한 융합연구
- Kim, Min-Kyeong (Department of Child Welfare, Namseoul University)
- 김민경 (남서울대학교 아동복지학과)
- Received : 2015.12.22
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.29
The purposes of this study were to find the correlation of variables, and to explore the mediating role of family resilience between stress, depression and internet game addiction. The subject of the survey was 204 multicultural adolescents. The data were analyzed with frequency, Pearson's correlation and structural equation modeling by SPSS and AMOS. The major findings were as follows; stress and depression were positively correlated with internet game addiction. Family resilience was negatively correlated with internet game addiction. Stress and depression influenced negatively family resilience. Family resilience influenced negatively internet game addiction. Family resilience mediated the effects of stress, depression and internet game addiction. In conclusion, it is important to intervene multicultural adolescents' internet game addiction through special education program and counseling in order to build family resilience.
Stress;Depression;Family resilience;Internet game addiction;Multicultural adolescents
Supported by : 남서울대학교
- Y. A. Ah, W. C. Jung, "Mediating effects of internet addiction on the relationship between school violence aggression and victimization", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 27-50, 2011.
- H. J. Choi, "Moderating effects of the egoresiliency and parent-adolescent communication on school stress and internet addiction of middle school students", Master's thesis, Kyemyung University, Deegu, South Korea, 2011.
- B. S. Hong, M. A. Nam, "Social work for Adolescents", Gongdongche, Gyunggi, South Korea, 2009.
- S. J. Ju, "A comparative study on risk factors and protective factors for the internet addiction of adolescents for regional characteristics", The Journal of Future Adolescents, Vol. 8, No, 4, pp. 121-147, 2011.
- M. C. Kang, I. S. Oh, "Development of internet addiction scale for Korea adolescent(II)", Journal of Education & Psychology, Vol. 16, No, 4, pp. 247-274, 2002.
- M. K. Kim, "A Study on Family Resilience, Ego Resilience and Marital Happiness of Intermarried Korean Men", The Jounal of Human Development, Vol. 19, No, 2, pp. 1-23, 2012.
- Korean Children․Adolescents Panel Research, "Korean Children.Adolescents Panel Research", Seoul: National Youth Policy Institute, 2010.
- Korea game agency, "Game of South Korea in 2007", Korea game agency, South Korea, 2007.
- Korea internet agency, "Survey of internet addiction," Korea internet agency, South Korea, 2007.
- Korean information society agency, "Development of internet addiction scale for Korea infants, children and adolescents", Korean information network agency, South Korea, 2006.
- Ministry of Education, "Status of multicultural support budget", South Korea, 2013.
- Ministry of Safety and Administration, "2012 community foreigner survey reports," South Korea, 2013.
- M. E. Sobel, "Asymptotic intervals for indirect effects in structural equations models", In S. Leinhart (Ed.), Sociological methodology San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, pp. 290-312, 1982.
- Y. J. Yoo, "A study on the Korean family strengths scale for strengthening the family", The Korean Journal of Family Relations, Vol. 9, No, 2, pp. 119-151, 2004.
- W. K. Zung, "A self-rating depression scale", Achieves of General Psychiatry, Vol. 12, pp. 63-79, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1965.01720310065008
- M. J. Yeon, K. Y. Kim, M. S. Lee, J. Y. Hong, S. H. Bae, H. J. Hwang, "A comparison study on the internet addiction and health problems of middle school students between urban and rural area", Journal of Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 41-47, 2010.
- A Convergence Study the Effect of College Students' Parent-Son/Daughter Communication on Addiction to Smartphones : Focused on the Mediated Effect of Stress Level, Self-Control and Self-Efficacy vol.7, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.163
- A Study of Convergence Relationship among Nurse's Working Conditions, Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.369
- The Convergence Study of Life Stress and Health Clinic User Satisfaction in Female Students: focused on the one women's University vol.7, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.089