- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Assessment of the Border Area Support Policy
접경지역 지원의 목표달성 평가
- Kim, Jai-Han (Dept. of Geography Education, Cheongju University)
- 김재한 (청주대학교 사범대학 지리교육학과)
- Received : 2015.12.12
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.29
The Border Area Support Act(2000) has policy goal convergence to improve living conditions, to conserve natural environment, and to prepare national unification in this area. The purpose of this study is to evaluate whether the support until now meet the policy goal or set a question on policy itself. Variation of statistical indicators related with policy goal for the period 2000-2014 has analyzed and compared with local government's evaluation report. It is found out that resident's living condition has improved in spite of several political fallacies, but the support policy can damage natural environment and cause conflict with military regulations constantly. Under current inter-Korean relation, it is desirable to minimize conflicts between political bodies in Border Area.
Border Area Support Act;Goal convergence;Living condition;Military regulation;Goal conflict;Inter-Korean relations
Supported by : 청주대학교 학술연구소
- H. G. Kang, et al, "The Influence of Development and Conservation Activities on Military in Border Region", Research Paper, Vol. 02-1779, KIDA, 2002.
- KILA, "The International Symposium on Environmental conservation and Development of DMZ in Korean Peninsula", 1997.
- Sae-Young Lee, Seon-Il Kim, "Proceeding Strategies for Establishing of the DMZ World Peace Park for the Laying of the Foundation for Unification", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 9-24, 2015.
- H. G. Kang, et al, Research Paper, Vol. 03-1952, KIDA, 2003.
- B. S. Kim, et al, "Advancing North of the Civilian Control Line and its Implications for the Border Region of Gangwon Province", Research Institute for Gangwon, Research Paper, pp. 14-32, 2014.
- Statistical Yearbook 2000/2002/005/2010/2014, Kyunggido/Inchon M.C./Kangwondo.
- Ministry of the Interior, "Relevance Analysis of the Comprehensive Program for Border Region", 2002. "Evaluation of Border Region Support", 2007.
- G. H. Hwang, et al, "Evaluation and Alternatives of the Act Supporting for the National Border Areas in S. Korea", Political Study, 2007-10, GRI, 2007.
- G. H. Hwang, et al, "Alternative Directions of Improving Policies or Programs for Developing Border Areas of the Korean Peninsular", Political Study 2013-21, GRI, 2013.
- J. H. Lee et al, "Border Region Development Plan of the Inchon Metropolitan City", Inchon Development Institute, 2001.
- B. S. Kim, "A Study on Conceptualizing the Regional Development Strategy for the North-South Border Region of Gangwon Province and a Policy Direction", Research Institute for Gangwon, 2011.
- Ministry of Interior, "The Comprehensive Development Plan for Border Region", 2007/2011.
- Y. B. Kim, "Strategies for Institutional Improvement in the Management of the Military Installation Protection Areas", KRIHS, 2006.
- J. H. Kim, "The Regional Influence of the Military Regulations", Journal of Cheongju University (Educational Science), Vol. 5, pp. 157-179, 2005.
- C. G. Kang, "Problems and Policies of Military Environmental Management in the Northern Region of Kyunggi Province", KRI, 2001.