- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Health Belief of Convergency Relation of Preventive Behaviors and Seroprevalence Rate of Hepatitis A with Some Adults
예방행위와 항체 양성률과의 융합 관계를 통한 일부 성인의 A형 간염에 대한 건강신념 연구
- Ko, Seok-Gu (Division of Laboratory Medicine, KS Hospital) ;
- Lee, Ho-Shik (Department of Health Administration, Dongshin University)
- Received : 2015.11.12
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.29
This study tries to look into the relationship between preventive behaviors and health belief for hepatitis A and seroprevanlence rate of hepatitis A. The cross ratio of seroprevanlence rate of hepatitis A significantly increased with an increase in age [1.210(95% CI, 1.158-1.264)], and those who had hepatitis A vaccination had a significantly higher cross ratio than those who didn't [19.591(95% CI 6.524-58.82)], and the more health motivation they had, the higher the cross ratio was [1.478(95% CI 1.053-2.075)]. To increase seroprevalence rate of hepatitis A, it is necessary to provide personal hygiene for health motivation and prevention education thoroughly and to give vaccination of hepatitis A.
Hepatitis A;Preventive behaviors;Health belief;Seroprevanlence rate;Antibody;Vaccination
- Stephen M. Feinstone, Albert Z. Kapijian, Robert H. Purcell, "Hepatitis A: Detection by Immune Electron Microscopy of a Viruslike Antigen Associated with Acute Illness", Science, Vol. 182, No. 4116, pp. 1026-1028, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.182.4116.1026
- Ro Hae Ok, Sohn Young Mo, Park Min Soo, Choi Bo Yeoul, Bang Kuem Yeo, Ki Mo Ran, Kim Ji Hee, "A Seroepidemiologic Study of Hepatitis A Virus in the Healthy Children and Adolescent in Kyonggi-do Province", Korean Journal of Pediatric Infectious Disease, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 232-239, 1997.
- Lee Jae Ik, Kim Seung Tae, Yoon Sung Yeul, " Epidemiologic Study of Antibody to Hepatitis A Antigen in Choong Chung Area", Korean J. Gastroenterol, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 87-91, 1982.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Management and prevention guidelines of hepatitis A", 2009.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Risk factors, mathematical modeling and economic analysis for hepatitis A in Korea", Public Health Weekly Report, Vol. 3, pp. 85-90, 2010.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Hepatitis A sentinel surveillance statistics," 2011.
- Choi Chun, Park Jong, Kang Myung Guen, Kim Ki Soon, "The association between performance of hepatitis B vaccination and health belief factors among some aged persons", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 89-104, 2006.
- I. M. Rosenstock, "Historical origins of the health belief model : the health belief model and personal health behavior", Thorofare Newton : Charles B. Slac. Inc., Vol. 64, pp. 1-8, 1974.
- Gretchen B. Chapman, "Predictor of influenza vaccine acceptance among healthy adults, Preventive Medicine, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 249-262, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1006/pmed.1999.0535
- Lim Seung Han, "The Factor Analysis Research Affects to Preventive Health Compliance", Master dissertation, Kyung Hee University, 1984.
- Park, Ju Young, "Preventive Behavior and Health Belief About Hepatitis A of Adults in Their Twenties to Tthirties," Korean J Adult Nurs, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 403-411, 2011.
- Oh Hee Young, Park Ju Young, "Immunization, Knowledge, and Preventive Health Behaviors to Hepatitis A in University Students", Korean J of Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 83-95, 2011.
- Song Young Bong, Lee Joon Hyoek, Choi, Moon Seok, Koh Kwang Cheol, Paik Seung Woon, Yoo Byung Chul, et al., "The Age-specific Seroprevalence of Hepatitis A Virus Antibody in Korea", Korean Journal of Hepatology, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 27-33, 2007.
- Jeong Sook Hyang, Hwang Seong Gyu, Park Sang Jong, Kang Sook Kyung, Jee Young Meee, "Current Status of Acute Viral Hepatitis in Korea; Epidemiology, Clinical, Virological Characteristics and Effects of Antiviral Treatment in Severe Acute Hepatitis B and C", Clinical and Molecular Hepatology, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 57-63, 2006.
- Kim Tae Woon, Lee Kwang Joo, "Antibody of Hepatitis A Antigen in Children and Adolescents in Korea", Korean J of Pediatrics, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 36-40, 1982.