- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Measures of Agreement between the Classification Standard of BMI and that of CDRS in Women university students
여자대학생의 BMI와 신체상평정척도(CDRS) 분류기준에 대한 일치도 검정
- Nam, Duck-Hyun (Dept. of Physical Education of Yong In University)
- 남덕현 (용인대학교 체육학과)
- Received : 2015.12.30
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This research aims at investigating the measures of agreement between BMI classification standard and that of 9-point contour drawing rating scale(CDRS), verifying their usefulness for the application to the filed, examining university students' substantial understanding of their bodies, and offering correct information regarding the distorted recognition of their bodies. In order to examine the measures of agreement between the classification standard of BMI and that of CDRS, and the women university students' recognition of their body images depending on BMI, Cross tabulation was carried out, and
- P. L. Giorgi., R. M. Suskind., C. Catass. "The obese child. Karger". p.149-196, 1992.
- Y. G. Kim. "Body Image Perception, Preventive Attitude of Life-style related and Eating Behaviors Attitude According to Obesity Level in Adult Women. The Graduate School of Soon Chun Hyang University". 2005.
- The Korean Journal Of Obesity. "Obesity Clinical". Korea medical book, 2008
- I. K. Han. "A Study on the Effect of Adult Female's Personality Type on Health Control Behavior and Obesity Stress". The Korean Journal Of Nutrition Vol.42 No.4, p.358-365, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2009.42.4.358
- H. Y. Kim. "Diagnosis and Cure Introduction of Obesity". Journal of coaching development Vol.6, No.1, p.51, 2004.
- J. H. Lim., H. B. Rha. "Weight Control and Associated Factors among Health-related Major Female College Students in Seoul. Korean journal of community nutrition". Vol.12, No.3, p.247-258, 2007.
- M. H. Kang, J. K. Hwang, H. K. Kim., H. S. Kong., H. J. Yoon., Y. H. Hwang., K. Y. Lee., Y. S. Jung., S. K. Lee., H. Y. Park., K. H. Kim., W. C. Choi. "The self-assesment of obesity Korea adults. The Korean Journal Of Obesity" Vol.11 No.4, p. 349-355, 2002.
- S. L. Franzoi., V. Koehler. (1998). "Age and gender differences in body attitudes: A comparison of young and elderly adults. The International Journal of Aging & Human Development".
- Y. M. Jung., K. S. Jung., S. E. Lee. "Comparison of Health Behavior, Body Composition and Body Image in College Women by BMI (Body Mass Index). Korean journal of health education and promotion" Vol.22, No.1, p.87-102, 2005.
- J. H. Kim., S. K. Lim(2006). "College Students' Cognition on Obese people. Conference of the Korean Psychological Association". 242-243. 2006
- Y. S. Kwon. "A Study on Obesity Stress and Related Factors among Female College Students. Journal of Korean community nursing". Vol.19, No.3, p.431-442, 2008.
- L. Bresolin. "Body image and health counseling for women. Arch Fam Med" Vol.2, p.1084-1087, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1001/archfami.2.10.1084
- H. J. Song,. M. S. Oh, S. H. An., M. S. Park., T. Y. Yoo, J. H. Kang. "The factors associated with satisfaction about body image and weight control behaviors in adolescents. Korean Journal of Family Medicine", Vol.20, No.4, 1999.
- J. S. Vander Wal., M. H. Thelen. "Eating and body image concerns among obese and average-weight children. Addict Behav", Vol.25, p.775-8. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-4603(00)00061-7
- S. Freud. "The ego and the id. London". 1927
- M. P. Fisher. "Quantum phase transitions in disordered two-dimensional superconductors. Physical review letters", Vol.65, No.7, p.923. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.65.923
- R. K. Dishman., J. F. Sallis., D. R. Orestein. "The determinants of physical activity and exercise. Public Health Rep", Vol.100, No.2, p.158-171, 1995.
- Y. I. Kim. "Correlations Among Body Weight, Life-Style and Health Status in Korean Adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing", Vol.21 No.2, p.195-203, 1991.
- J. H. Park.. "Habits and Body Mass Index(BMI) for the citizen in Seoul Using The Data from the Third Seoul Health Index Survey". Dept. of Nutrition Education, The Graduate School of Education Dankook University.
- Y. J. Nam., S. H. Lee. "Comparison of perceived body size and actual body size between Korean and American college women. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles". Vol.25, No.4, p.764-772, 2001.
- J. K. Park., Y. J. Nam., K. M. Choi. "A Comparison of Satisfaction for Actual Body and Perceived Body between Korean and Japanese Female College Students. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles", Vol.28 No.6, p.758-766, 2004.
- M. O. Kim., E. J. Jang. "A Study on the Perception of Obesity by Age and the Attitude toward Weight Control. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition". Vol.22 No.1, p.110-122, 2009.
- J. Y. Kim."Study on figure recognition, obesity knowledge, attitude toward obesity and relationship between that obesity information and eating habits of higher grade primary school students". The Graduate School SungShin Womans University.
- K. K. Davison., L. L .Birch. "Childhood overweight: a contextual model and recommendations for future research. Obesity Reviews, Vol.2, No.3, p.159-171, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1467-789x.2001.00036.x
- M. P. McCabe., L. A. Ricciardelli.. Body image and strategies to weight and increase muscle among boys and girls. Health Psychology, Vol.22, No.1, p.39-46. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-6188.8.131.52
- E. R. Sands., J. Wardle. "Internalization of ideal body shapes in 9-12 year old girls. International Journal of Eating Disorders". Vol.33, No.2, p.193-204, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/eat.10121
- M. A. Nowak., K. Sigmund. "Evolution of indirect reciprocity by image scoring. Nature", Vol.393, No.6685, p.573-577, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1038/31225
- J. A. Pesa., T. R. Syre., E. Jones. "Psychosocial differences associated with body weight among female adolescents: the importance of body image. Journal of Adolescent Health", Vol.26, No.5, p.330-337, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1054-139X(99)00118-4
- C. M. Bulik, T. D. Wade, A. C. Heath, N. G. Martin, A. J. Stunkard, L. J. Eaves. "Relating body mass index to figural stimuli: population-based normative data for Caucasians. International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders: journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity", Vol.25, No.10, p.1517-1524, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijo.0801742
- K. J. Lee., N. J. Park., J. S. Kim., Y. M. Song. "Factors associated with small stature of school-age children, Korean J Fam Med" Vol.29, No.4, p.251-258, 2008.
- S. N. Kim "Obesity degree, body satisfaction and body-esteem of elementary school". Graduate School of Public Health Kyungpook National University. 1998.
- J. A. Park., Y. S. Yang., J. I. Han., S. W. Kim., H. S. Hwang., B. R. Huh.. "Weight in children's minds : body shape dissatisfactions for 12-years old children. Korean Journal of Family Medicine", Vol.18 No.6, p.622-631, 1997.
- K. J. Hwang. "The Influence of the Goal Orientation of Dance-Major College Students on the Social physique Anxiety. Korean Society of Dance Science, Vol.18, p.1-15, 2009.
- M. J. Kim., H. S. Oh., D. J. Jung. "Validity of Weight Shape Classification Index based on Figure Rating Scale for College Dance Major Students. Korean Society for Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sports Science", Vol.11, No.1, p.11-22, 2009.
- T. Sorenson,, A. J. Stunkard,, F. Schlusinger. "Use of the Danish adoption registers for the study of obesity and thinness. In S. S. Kety, L. P. Rowland, R. L. Sidman, & S. W. Matthysse (Eds.)", The genetics of neurological and psychological disorders 115-120, 1993.
- M. A. Thompson, J. J. Gray. "Development and validation of a new body-image assessment tool. Journal of Personality Assessment", Vol.64, p.258-269, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa6402_6
- H. M. Shroff. An examination of peer-related risk and protective factors for body image disturbance and disordered eating among adolescent girls. Unpublished dissertation, Department of Psychology. University of South Florida. 2004.
- S. G. Shin., T. J. Choi., S. M. Park., E. Y. Lee., Y. M. Kim. "Theory and practice of psychological tests". SeoHyeonSa: Seoul.
- H. D. Jung. "(A) relation ship between body image perception and body mass index of female dance major students". Graduate School of Sejong University. 2008
- D. A. Williamson, D. H. Gleaves, P. C. Watkins, D. G. "Schlundt. Validation of self-ideal body size discrepancy as a measure of body dissatisfaction. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment", Vol.15, No.1, p.57-68, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00964324
- Y. S. Choi. "The Relationship between Body Dissatisfaction and Body Mass Index among College Female Physical Expression Students. Korean Society for Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sports Science", Vol.10, No.(2), p.1-13, 2008.
- E. J. Son. The Influence of Self-Esteem, Physical Comparison, Thin-Ideal Internalization, and Body Dissatisfaction on the Eating Disorder Symptoms of College Aged Woman, The Korean journal of biological and psychological psychology", Vol.20, No.3, p.885-901, 2008.
- R. H. Hwang, "A study on eating disorder, body image and self-esteem of female university students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing", Vol.15, No.4, p.328-335, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.4.328
- Young-Sook Kwon, "Necessity of the Development of a Web-based Obesity Management Program to Prevent Metabolic Syndrome of the Workers", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 121-127, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.121
- Bae-won Lee, Jae-chul Song, Hun-young Ha, Sang-hyo Sim, Jae-hun Shim, "A Study on Obesity-related Factors Through the Convergence of Body Mass Index (BMI) and Fat-CT in Middle-aged Women Living in Incheon", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 19-28, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.019