- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Relationships of academic self-efficacy, outcome expectation, and department-adaptation of Students Majoring in sports
스포츠 계열 전공 대학생의 학업적 자기효능감, 결과기대 및 학과적응의 인과관계
- Received : 2015.12.29
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
The main purpose of this study is to verify cause-and-effect relationship between the influential level of the academic self-efficacy, the expectation for academic outcome and the adaptation to the department for students majoring in sports. To meet the purpose, the survey was conducted with a random sample 514 students who are a major in sports and analyzed. The gathered data is analyzed through the confirmatory factor analysis, correlation analysis and path analysis using SPSS v18.0 and AMOSS v20.0. The result are as follows; The study shows that the academic self-efficacy had a statistically-significant influence on the academic self-efficacy as well as the expectation for academic outcome and had a good influence to students on the adaptation to the department. Moreover, the relationship between the academic self-efficacy and the adaptation to the department shows that even though the academic outcome expectation had indirect effects, it turned out to have a positive influence in statistically. As the conclusion of this study, it is more important to increase the academic outcome expectation to raise the department adaptation for the students who are a major in sports.
Social Cognitive Career Theory;Academic Self-Efficacy;Academic Outcome Expectation;Department Adaptation;Sports Major
- Myung-Hwa Cheong, Sung-Mi Park, Gyung-Suk Shin, "The Path Analysis of Variables Effecting Major Adjustment in College Students. The Korean Journal of Counseling", Vol.5, No.1, pp.95-111, 2004.
- Korean Educational Development Institute, "Educational Statistics Analysis Kit, Higher Education and Employment statistics section", Beomsin, 2014..
- Osborne, W. L., Brown, S., Niles, S., & Miner, C. U., "Career developme nt, assessment, and counseling: Applications of the Donald E. Super C-DAC approach. Alexandria: American Coun seling Association", 1997.
- M. R. Kim, J. H. Min, "Choice of University Major and Long-term School-to-work Transition. Journal of Employment and Skills Development", Vol.14, No.1, pp.1-21, 2011.
- Holland, J. L., "Making vocational choices (2nded.). Englewood Cliffs". NJ: Prentice Hall, 1985.
- Lent, R. W., Brown, S. D., & Hackett, G., "Toward a unifying social cognitive theory career and academic interest, choice, and performance [Monograph]. Journal of Vocational Behavior", Vol.45, pp.79-122, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1994.1027
- Bandura, A., "Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory". Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1986.
- Lee, Sang Kil, "Differences in Self-Efficacy and Career Decision Status across High Schoolers, Undergraduates, and Gender. The Journal of Career Education", Vol.21, No.3, pp.217-230, 2008.
- Jeong-Ae Lee, Woong-Yong Choi, "The relationship of Academic Self-Efficacy, Outcome Expectations to Career Aspirations. The Journal of Career Education", Vol.24, No.4, pp.95-109, 2011.
- Bandura, A. & Schunk, D. H., "Cultivating competence, self-efficacy and intrinsic interest through proximal self-motivation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology", Vol.41, pp.586-598, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2066
- Schunk, D. H., "Ability versus effort attributional feedback: differential effects on self-efficacy and achievement. Journal of Educational Psychology", Vol.75, pp.848-856, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06220.127.116.118
- A. Y. Kim, I. Y. Park, "Construction and Validation of Self-efficacy scale. The Journal of Educational Research", Vol.39, No.1, pp.95-123, 2001.
- Bandura, A., "Self-efficacy : The exercise of control". New York : Freeman, 1997.
- Lee. Jeong-Gyu, Park. Choon-Sung, "A Comparative Study of Academic Self -efficacy of students in Korea and Japan. Korean Journal of the Japan Education", Vol.12, No.2, pp.1-17, 2008.
- Lent, R. W., "Toward a unifying theoretical and practical perspective on well-being and psychosocial adjustment. Journal of Counseling Psychology", Vol.51, pp.482-509, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-018.104.22.1682
- Sun Kyung Kim, Hye Young Kang, "Mediating Effect of Self-efficacy in the Relationship of Interest Congruence to Science and Engineering Students' Adjustment to College: Comparison of Grades. Korean journal of counseling and psychotherapy", Vol.23, No.1, pp.175-193, 2011.
- Kang, Hye-Young, "The Relationship among Interest-Major Congruence, Self efficacy and Major Adjustment in Science and Engineering for College Students. Korean Journal of Counseling", Vol.12, No.1, pp.115-127, 2011. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.12.1.201103.115
- Lent, R. W., Singley, D., Sheu, H., Schmidt, J. A., & Schmidt, L. C., "Relation of social-cognitive factors to academic satisfaction in engineering students. Journal of Career Assessment", Vol.15, pp.87-97, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072706294518
- Yang, Mi-Sun, Kwon, Jung-Im, Yang Yeon-Suk, "The Effects of Parents' Academic Achievement Pressure on Children's Academic Efficacy According to Sex. Institute of Basic Science Raejon University", Vol.21,No1,pp.15-32, 2010.
- Betz, N. E., & Voyten, K. K., "Efficacy and outcome expectations influence career exploration and decideness. The Career Development Quarterly", Vol.46, pp.179-189, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-0045.1997.tb01004.x
- Park, Woi-Ja, "The Effect of Perceived Parental Academic Involvement on Adolescents' Career Aspiration". Graduate School of Daegu University, 2010.
- Ben-David, A., & Leichtentritt, R., "Ethiopain and Israeli student's adjustm ent to college: The effect of the family, social support and individual coping styles. Journal of Comparative Family Studies", Vol.30, pp.297-313, 1999.
- Sung-Mi, Park, "Structural and adaptive analysis of the departmental adjustment in college students". Department of Education Graduate School, Pusan National University, 2001.
- Lee, Jeong-Ae, "Mediating Effect of Outcome Expectations in the Relationship of Academic Self-Efficacy to Major Adjustment of College Students. Korean Journal of Counseling", Vol.13, No.5, pp.2329-2344, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.13.5.201210.2329
- West, S. G., Finch, J. F., & Curran, P. J., "Structural equation models with non-normal variables: Problems and remedies. In R. H. Hoyle (Ed.), Structural equation modeling: Concepts, issues, and applications". Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc., 1995.
- Song, Ji-Joon, "SPSS/AMOS Statistical Methods", 21Century Publishing Company, 2015.
- Se Hee Hong, "Criteria for Selecting Appropriate Fit Indices in Structural Equation Modeling and Their Rationales. The Korean journal of clinical psychology", Vol.19, No.1, pp.161-177, 2000.
- Lent, R. W., Brown, S. D., "On conceptualizing and assessing social cognitive constructs in career assessment: A measurement guide. Journal of Career Assessment", Vol.14, pp.12-35, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072705281364
- In-Ho Jung, Byung-Chul Lim, "Students of factors affecting career decision level and career preparation behavior -Centering on students studying Dental Technology Daegu.Gyeongbuk area-", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 13-19, 2012.
- Sook-Jeong Lee, Ye Jong Lee, "Research on the actual condition of career decision-making self-efficacy . career decision level and career preparation behavior on Department of Dental Hygiene, K university", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 27-32, 2012.
- Convergence of Explanation Meeting in Cadaveric Dissection with Communication Skill : Correlation between Self-evaluation Factor and Academic Achievement of Medical Students vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.363
- The Convergence Study on Influences of Self-esteem in Adulthood and Attachment to Mother on Adult Students' Major Satisfaction in e-learning education vol.7, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.167