- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on the factors of convergent caring competency for promotion of caregivers' wellness of disabled children
장애자녀 돌봄제공자의 웰니스 증진을 위한 융복합 돌봄역량 요인 연구
- Lee, Yu-Ri (Dept. of Social Welfare, Nambu University) ;
- Kim, Nam-Jung (University for Creative Korea, Nambu University)
- Received : 2015.12.18
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study aimed to investigate the difference of the disabilities type of caring competency, caring appraisal(caring burden, caring satisfaction), self-help group support for parents who have children with disabilities. The data were collected by a self-reported questionnaire from 301 parents who have disabled children(180 mental disabilities & 121 physical disabilities). Given the three types of invariance satisfied, latent means analysis(LMA) is performed to test mean differences on the four factors across the two groups. According to LMA where the parents who have children with physical disabilities are used as the reference group, the parents who have children with mental disabilities showed higher latent mean values on the self-help group support and caring burden. However, the parents who have children with physical disabilities showed higher latent mean values on the caring satisfaction and caring competency.
Latent means analysis;Caring competency;Self-help group support;Caring burden;Caring satisfaction
Supported by : Nambu University
- Shearn, J., Todd, S, "Maternal employment and family responsibilities: The perspectives of mothers of children with intellectual disabilities", Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 109-131, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1468-3148.2000.00021.x
- Chien, W. T., Thompson, D. R., Norman, I, "Evaluation of a peer-led mutual support group for Chinese families of people with schizophrenia", American Journal of Community Psychology, Vol. 42, No. 1-2, pp.122-134, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10464-008-9178-8
- Ji-Sun Choi, Seon-joo Lee & Joo-young Son, "The Verification of Relationships among Social Support, Permanency Plan, and Child-rearing Burden Recognized by Mothers Who have a child with development disability", Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp.41-71, 2009.
- Koegel, R. L., Brookman, L., & Koegel, L. K, Autism: "Pivotal response intervention and parental empowerment, Trends in Evidence-Based Neuropsychiatry", Vol. 5, pp.61-69, 2003.
- Yu-ri Lee, "A study on the Factors Impacting Main Caregiver Empowerment", Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 21, pp.134-165, 2008.
- Minnes, P, Nachshen, J., & Woodford, L, "The role of Families, In I. Brown and M, Percy (Eds.) Developmental Disabilities in Ontario(2nd Ed.). Toronto: Ontario Association on Developmental Disabilities", pp.663-676, 2003.
- Nachshen, J. S., and Jamieson, J., "Advocacy, stress, and quality of life in parents of children with developmental disabilities, Developmental Disabilities Bulletin", Vol. 28, pp.39-55, 2000.
- Hyee-won Joo, "The Effect of Decrease Parenting Stress Training Program for Disorder Children of Mother", The Graduate School of Kyong-Buk University, 2011.
- Lawton, M. P., Moss, M,, Kleban, M. H., Glicksman, A., & Rovine, M, "Two-factor model of caregiving appraisal and psychological well-being", Journal of Gerontology, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp.181-189, 1991.
- Heller, T., Miller, A. B. & Factor, A, "Adults with mental retardation as supports to their parents: Effetcts on parental caregiving appraisal, Mental Retardation", 35, pp.338-346, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1352/0047-6765(1997)035<0338:AWMRAS>2.0.CO;2
- Hanson, M., Hanline, M, "Parenting a child with a disability: A longitudinal study of parental stress and adaptation", Journal of Early Inervention, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp.234-248, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/105381519001400305
- Roberto, K. A, "Family caregivers of aging adults with disabilities: A review of the caregiving literature. In K. A. Roberto (Ed.), The elderly caregiver: Caring for adults with developmental disabilities" pp.3-20, Newbury Park, CA: Sage, 1995.
- Hui-jeong Yu, Yeon-ug Kang, Hun-jin Lee, "Effects of Maternal Attachment Styles and Types of Children's Disorders on Rearing Attitude and Parenting Stress". The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp.77-89, 2004.
- Nam-jung Kim, "A study on the factors affecting the Permanency Planning of Disabled youth's: Focused on Mediating effect of caregiving appraisal". Ph.D. Nambu University, 2015.
- Yeon-soo Kim, "A study on caregiving appraisal and psychological well-being of family caregivers of a person with mental disorder". Ph.D. Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- Toseland, R. W. & McCallion, P, "Empowering families of adolescent and adults with developmetal disabilities, Families in Society", Vol. 74, pp.579-588, 1993.
- Mi-Ok Kim, "A study on social competence of children and adaptation of family of children with disabilities : focusing on the effects of family resilience", The Graduate School of Ewha Womans University. 2001.
- In-ok Kim, Won-ryeong Lee, "A study on bringing-up stress and social support of the parents of children with disabilities", Journal of emotional & Behavioral Disorders, pp. 101-120, 2011.
- Se-hee Hong, Mae-Hyang Hwang, Eun-sul Lee, "Latent Means analysis of the Career-Barrier Scale for Korean female adolescents", The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp.1159-1177, 2005.
- Whittaker, J., Tracy, E, "Social network intervention in intensive family-based preventive services. In Unger, D., Powell, D(ed), Families as nurturing systems: support across the life span", New York: The Haworth Press, Inc, pp.175-192, 1990.
- Kyung-Hee Ha, "A Study on the Factors Affecting Social Adjustment of the Mentally Disabled", Graduate School of Seoul National University, 2000.
- Orbell, S., Hopkins, N., & Gillies, B, "Measuring the impact of informal caring", Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology, Vol. 3, pp.149-163, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1002/casp.2450030207
- Koren, P. E., DeChillo N., & Friensen, B. J., "Measuring empowerment in families whose children have emotional disabilites: A brief questionnaire, Rehabilitation Psychology", Vol. 37, pp.305-321, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0079106
- Se-hee Hong, "The Criteria for Selecting Appropriate Fit Indices in Structural Equation Modeling and Their Rationales", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp.161-177, 2000.
- Cohen, J. "Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Science", Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 1988.
- Seo-eun Kim, Joo-kyeong Eo, "The effect of Life-Satisfaction in Mothers Rearing Children with Disabilities: Parenting Stress, Disability-Acceptance, and Social Support". Journal of Life-span Studies, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.19-35, 2015.
- Keum-ho Lee, Hyewon Chung, "Testing Construct Equivalence of TCI using Multi Group Confirmatory Factor Analysis", CNU Journal of Educational Studies, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp.57-77, 2013. https://doi.org/10.18612/cnujes.2013.34.2.57
- Young-ju Joo, Young-lan Chung, Yoo-Kyung Lee, "The Structural Relationship and Latent Means Analysis of Gender among Academic Self-Efficacy, Interest, External Motivation and Science Achievement for High School Students", J Korea Association Sci. Edu, Vol. 31, No. 6, pp.876-886, 2011.
- Min-kyu Cho, Choon-kyung Kim, Huyn-jung Song, "The Structural Relationship and Latent Mean Analysis of Gender among Abuse, Peer Attachment, Self-Respect, Depression and Aggression for Middle School Students". Journal of Adolescent Welfare, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp.29-54, 2014.
- Chun-Ok Jang, "A study of family function and convergent adaptation hearing protection factor", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 119-125, 2015.
- Yoon seon-o, kim woo ho, "Convergent research on how golf affects the subjective happiness of mothers who have children with disabilities", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 47-54, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.047