- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Unconscious Desire and the Conflict between Mother and Daughter -A Convergence In-depth Psychological Analysis of the Film, 'DAUGHTER'-
모녀의 무의식적 욕망과 갈등 -영화 '다우더'의 융복합 심층심리학적 분석-
- Received : 2015.12.29
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study is intended to analyze the conflict between the mother and the daughter revealed in the film, 'Daughter' and tries to suggest the therapeutic counseling techniques in the integrated perspective. It used a convergence in-depth psychological method. After deriving the unconscious conflicts of main characters through several film reviews, it was found that at the unconscious level true self and the false self, the ego ideal and the super ego, the individuation and the dependency are in mutual struggle. For Therapeutic counselling, the most important thing in the initial stage of the counselling is the experience of authenticity. The counsellor himself or herself should establish the right life values and stimulate the ego-ideal and strengthen the drive of true self. Also the counsellor should be aware of the dangers of the religious behavior as the transitional phenomenon. In the final stage, the counselor expects the client to continue to make efforts to change with the hope for the well-being.
Convergence in-depth psychology;Unconscious desire;True self;Ego-ideal;Transitional phenomenon
- Wonchul Kim, The desire is the human nature itself: Ethica The human studies of Spinoza looked through the reference section of section 3, Bemhan Philosophy, Vol.55, pp.169-196, 2009.
- Seok Kim, The subject of the desire and the machine of the desire: the theories of Lacan and Deleuze, The Philosophy and the Phenomenology Studies, Vol.29, pp.173-202, 2006.
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Karl Marx, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx, 2016.
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Sigmund Freud, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud, 2016.
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Wilhelm Reich, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich, 2016.
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Gilles Deleuz https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Deleuze, 2016.
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Felix Guattari https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Guattari 2016.
- Chang Jae Lee, The conversation with Sigmund Freud, Seoul: Hakji Publishing, pp.265-286, 2015.
- Soonim Yoon, The theory and practicality of the modern counselling psychotherapy, Seoul: The Central Aptitude Publishing, 1995.
- Dongsung Lee, Lacan's desire theory in structuralism, Dongsuh Media, Vol. 9, pp.291-324, 2005.
- D. W. Winnicott, The maturational processes and the facilitating environment, Seoul: The Korean Psychotherapy Institute, pp.202-221, 2000.
- Yongsin Kim, The psychoanalysis of the conservative and liberal, Seoul: Salrim Publishing, 2008.
- D. W. Winnicott, The maturational processes and the facilitating environment, Seoul: The Korean Psychotherapy Institute, pp.37-49, 2000.
- D. W. Winnicott, Playing and Reality, Seoul: The Korean Psychotherapy Institute, 1997.
- Siegel, A. M., Heinz Kohut and the psychology of the self, Brunner-Routeledge, 1996.
- Martin E. P. Seligman, The positive psychology, Seoul: Mulpurye, 2014.
- A. N. Whitehead, The function of the reason, Seoul: Tongnamu, 2015.
- Jinnam Lee, The distorted desire and the mental health, The Philosophy Studies, Vol.44, pp.207-232, 2011.
- Mija Kim, Clients' self-object needs and their perception of the counseling relationship, Catholic University, 2009.
- Anna Kim, The analysis of interpersonal relationship pattern for self-object needs type, Catholic University, 2015.
- Jinshik Kim, The re-recognition of Rene Girard imitation theory, The Korean French Literature Studies, vol.96, pp.57-84, 2013.
- William R. Miller & Stephen Rollnick, Motivational Interviewing, Sigma Press, 2006.