- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the factors on use diversity or usage of mobile video services
모바일 동영상 서비스 사용다양성과 사용정도에 영향을 미치는 요인 연구
- Kim, Min-Jeong (Dept. of Consumer Economics, Sookmyung Women's University)
- 김민정 (숙명여자대학교 소비자경제학과)
- Received : 2015.12.28
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study analyzes factors that influence use diversity or usage of mobile video services. This study conducts multiple regression analysis to draw the major factors that affect use diversity or usage of mobile video services. The major findings of this study are as follows. First, IPTV membership status, DMB watching status, and TV contents broadcasting status affect the use diversity of mobile video services. Second, TV contents broadcasting status and video streaming quality affect the usage of mobile video services. This study provides some implications that TV contents broadcasting is a core element in mobile video services. The future research is discussed.
use diversity/usage;IPTV;DMB;TV contents;attribute level satisfaction
Supported by : 교육부, 한국연구재단
- P. Hermans, "Global online video market will be worth US$37 billion in 2017", http://iotevent.eu/telecom/global-online-video-market-will-be-worth-us37-billion-in-2017/ (July 22 2015)
- Accenture, "Video-Over-Internet Consumer Survey", 2013.
- Korea Telecom Economics and Management Research Institute, "Mobile Media Consumer Survey. DIGIECO report", 2013.
- DMC Media, "2015 DMC report Integrated Media rep: Digital Media & Advertising Marketing 2015-2016", 2015.
- S. R. Park, "After unbolted 'The data', mobile service provider and portal service provider hit video service", http://news.joins.com/article/17981870 (August 1 2015)
- J. H. Lee, "There is no mobile IPTV?", http://www.leejeonghwan.com/media/archives/002378.html (November 26 2015)
- T. E. Ruggiero, "Uses and Gratifications Theory in the 21st Century. Mass Communication & Society", Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 3-37, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15327825MCS0301_02
- J. C. Conway, A. M. Rubin, " Psychological predictors of television viewing motivation. Communication Research", Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 443-463, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365091018004001
- A. M. Rubin, "Television uses and gratifications: The interactions of viewing patterns and motivation. Journal of Broadcasting", Vol. 27, Issue 1, pp. 37-51, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1080/08838158309386471
- J. Eighmey, L. McCord, "Adding value in the information age: uses and gratifications of sites on the world wide web. Journal of Business Research", Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 187-194, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(97)00061-1
- P. K. Korgaonkar, L. D. Wolin, "A multivariate analysis of web usage. Journal of Advrtising Research", Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 53-68, 1999.
- L. Leung, R. Wei, "More than just talk on the move: uses and gratifications of the cellular phone. Jourmalism and Mass Communication Quarterly", Vol. 77, No. 2, pp. 308-320, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/107769900007700206
- M. H. Lee, "A study on acceptance behavior of early DMB users. Ph.D. dissertation", 2005.
- D. K. Sung, S. W. Lim, "Study about practical use of mobile media contents based on user's characteristic: Focused on user's of a DMB early adopter. Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies", Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 139-178, 2006.
- M. J. Kim, "A study on consumers' perception and attitudes for market promotion of mobile IPTV. The Journal of the Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication", Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 45-53, 2014.
- J. A. Seol, M. S. Bong, "A study on the IPTV usage and service satisfaction. Korean Journal of Communication & Information", Vol. 46, pp. 485-510, 2009.
- C. H. Nam, "A study on factors influencing DMB Adoption: focused on comaprison between S-DMB and T-DMB. Journal of Communication Science", Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 143-188, 2007.
- S. W. Nam, "Research on DMB usage trends. Master thesis", 2006.
- Korea Association for ICT Promotion, "Mobile data measurement service", http://www.wiseuser.go.kr/jsp/commView.do (September 3 2015)
- E. J. Jang, J. K. Kim, Y. H. Sin, "Exploring antecedent of mobile IPTV satisfaction: Focusing on aesthetic simplicity and moderating role of network quality. The Journal of Information Systems", Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 133-153, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5859/KAIS.2012.21.4.133
- D. W. Kim, J. Y. Yoo, W. J. Joung, "A study on the willingness to pay of decision factor for mobile IPTV. Journal of Broadcasting Engineering", Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 385-395, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5909/JBE.2014.19.3.385
- J. H. Shin, "Paid TV membership and video contents consumption. KISDI STAT Report", 2014.
- H. J. Chang, D. W. Kim, K. H. Kim, "A Comparative study on difference in life satisfaction and user behavior of N-screen service. Journal of Digital Convergence", Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 59-68, 2015.
- C. F. Shin, A. Venkatesh, "Beyond adoption: development and application of use-diffusion model. Journal of Marketing", Vol. 68, pp. 59-72, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.20629
- Seung-Soo Shin, "A Study on Multi-Media Contents Security Using Android Phone", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 19-25, 2012.
- Sung-Hwa Hong, Suk-Yong Jung, "The Study for the Image Quality Measurement in IPTV", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 39-43, 2011.