- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Casual Game Production Using Spritekit
스프라이트킷을 활용한 융복합 캐주얼 게임 제작
- Yoon, Dong-Joon (Dept. of Entertainment Design, Graduate School of Techno Design. Kookmin University) ;
- Oh, Seung-Hwan (Dept. of Entertainment Design, Graduate School of Techno Design. Kookmin University)
- Received : 2015.12.22
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This paper will discuss the process behind creating casual games utilizing Spritekits. Casual games, which recently have been on this rise due to the increasing use of personal adhered media and SNS, are significant in that they are leading the way to various changes in the gaming industry whilst making it popular. With this background in mind, and through research on Casual Games, we have divided the production process of Casual Games into three parts and created the game "Round and Round" which utilizes Spritekits. We have sectioned and organized the production process of Casual Games into four parts as followed: information architecture, design, program development, and debugging. This research will propose an easier methodology to approaching the production of casual games and be a guideline for creating games with the minimal amount of personnel.
Casual Game;Spritekit;Convergence;Game Design;Game Developing Process
- Jesper Juul, "A Casual Revolution", pp.76, Communication Books Inc, 2012.
- Hyeon-Woo Nam, "An Analysis on the Success Condition of Casual Game and Social Network Game from an immersion View", Korean Society, Vol.26, No1, pp.148, 2013
- Jung-Yoon Kim, "A case study on design for casual game developments", Korea Society for Computer Game, Korean Society For Computer Game, No.13, pp. 137, 2008
- Min-Seok Choi, Sung-Wook Choi, "A Study on Casual Game Production Method Through HTML5 Technology in The Multi-Market", Korea Society for Computer Game, Vol.25, No.1, pp.144, 2012
- Trond W. Larsen, "Designing Games for Novice Gamers", Gamasutra, http://www.gamasutra.com, 1999
- Seo-Won Jung, Jin-Mo Kim, "One-man Mobile Casual Game Production Using Unity3D", Digital Contents Society, Vol. 15, No.4, pp. 503, 2014
- Katie Salen, Eric Zimmerman, "Rules of Play : Game Design Fundametals", pp.41-43, GCO Science Publisging Co, 2010
- Goji Asuna, "Unity Game Development Inroduction", SB Creative, 2014
- Trefry Gregory, "Casual Game Design", pp. 48-124, Elesevier, 2010
- Rigney Ryan, "Buttonless : Incredible iPhone and iPad Games and the Stories Begind Them", pp.65-68, AK Peters, 2011
- Jung-Tae Kim, "Gamification", pp.395-398, Hongpub, 2014
- Roger Caillois, "Les Jeux Et Les Hommes", pp.169-177, Moonye, 1994
- Ki-suk Kim, Hyung-Won Jong, Hyun-Joo Jang, "A Study on the Precedence Factors In Mobile Gaming Immersion and Intent for Repeated Usage", Korean Society For Computer Game, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp.121-133, 2013
- Sun-Ha Park, "Mobile Revolution-Effect and Role of Design Elements of Smartphone and Mobile game based on Samplestudy of Smartphone in Korea", Korea Digital Design Council, Vol.10, No.3, pp.135-144, 2010
- Jong-Moo Kim, Nae-Won Kang, "Diverse Goals of Mobile Games and Players' Preference : A Focus on Kakao Game", Korea Digital Design Council, Vol.13, No3, pp.91-99, 2013 https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2013.13.3.010
- Kyoung-Nam Kim, Myoun-Jae Lee, DaeYoung Kim, "A Study on Development Methods of Serious Game", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 21-26, 2011.
- MyounJae Lee, "A Study on Convergence Development Direction of Gesture Recognition Game", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 1-7, 2014.