- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The influence of nurses' clinical career and communication within organization on teamwork competency
간호사의 임상경력과 조직 내 의사소통이 팀워크 역량에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Mi-Jong (Dept. of Nursing, Hannam University) ;
- Kim, Kyoung-Ja (Dept. of Nursing, Hannam University)
- Received : 2015.12.23
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
The purpose of this study was to explore the influence of nurses's clinical career and communication within organization on teamwork competency. A cross sectional descriptive survey design was used. Convenience sampling method of 141 nurses who work at a university hospital located in S city was used. The structured questionnaire was administered from July
Supported by : 한남대학교
- S. Y. Kang, H. K. Kwon , M. R. Cho, "Effects of nurses' teamwork on job satisfaction at hospital: mediating effect of self-efficacy. Journal of the Korea Contents Association", Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 881-894, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.12.881
- M. Leonard, S. Graham, D. Bonacum, "The human factor: the critical importance of effective teamwork and communication in providing safe care. Quality and Safety in Health Care", Vol. 13(suppl 1), pp. i85-i90, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1136/qshc.2004.010033
- B. J. Kalisch, K. H. Lee. "Nurse staffing levels and teamwork: a cross-sectional study of patient care units in acute care hospitals. Journal of Nursing Scholarship", Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 82-88, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2010.01375.x
- S. G. Leggat. "Effective healthcare teams require effective team members: defining teamwork competencies. BMC health services research", Vol. 7, No. 17, pp. 17-20, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-7-17
- Y. Kim. "The teamwork and job satisfaction of clinical nurses". Master thesis, p.43, Ajou University, 2014.
- M. G. Choi. "The research of enjoyment, teamwork and role learning of students participating in sports education model. The Journal of Sports Science", Vol. 23, pp. 1-19, 2011.
- J. T. Park. "Investigation of emotional experience in elementary students in physical education class with physical education program (TOPPE). The Journal of Korea elementary education", Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 39-55, 2015.
- B. Ahn. "The impact of express hotel and convention center's organizational culture on teamwork and work satisfaction. Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review", Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 67-79, 2013.
- M. Cleary, J. Horsfall, J. Mannix, M. O'Hara-Aarons, D. Jackson. "Valuing teamwork: Insights from newly-registered nurses working in specialist mental health services. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing", Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 454-459, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1447-0349.2011.00752.x
- S. Lee. "Relationships of nurses' teamwork skills to team effectiveness in nursing units." Master thesis, p.48, Busan Catholic University, 2013.
- E. Hong. "A study on hospital nurses' level of communications and their perception of the organizational activities." Master Thesis, p.76, Kyunghee University, 2007.
- J. Y. Lee. "Effective communication for patient safety. Journal of Korean Medicine Association", Vol. 58, No. 2, pp. 100-104, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2015.58.2.100
- M. W. Leonard, A. S. Frankel. "Role of effective teamwork and communication in delivering safe, high quality care. A Journal of Translational and Personalized Medicine", Vol. 78, No. 6, pp. 820-826, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/msj.20295
- C. Lee. "The effects of positive psychological capital of organizational members on organizational creativity and mediation effects of teamwork competency." Master thesis, p.97, Chung-Ang University, 2014.
- M. H. Cohen. "Professional communication and teamwork. Creative Nursing", Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 17-23, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1891/1078-4518.104.22.168
- J. I. Hwang, J. Ahn. "Teamwork and clinical error reporting among nurses in Korean hospitals. Asian Nursing Research", Vol. 9, pp. 14-20, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anr.2014.09.002
- L. Hatcher, T. L. Rose. "From individual incentive and organization wide gain sharing plan: Effects on teamwork and product quality. Journal of Organizational Behavior", Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 169-183, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030120302
- M. J. Chung. "A Study on the effects of emotional ability on teamwork capability and business creation intention: centering on airline flight attendants." Ph.D. Dissertation, p.163, Kyonggi University, 2011.
- B. K. Cha. "Introduction of communication. Seoul: Seayongsa", 2002.
- C. W. Downs, M. D. Hazen. "A factor analytic study of communication satisfaction. The Journal of Business Communication", Vol. 14, pp. 63-73, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1177/002194367701400306
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang, A. Buchner, "G*Power 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods", Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 175-191, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- M. J. Shapiro, J. C. Morey, S. D. Small, V. Langford, C. J. Kaylor, L. Jagminas, S, Suner, M. L. Salibury, R. Simon, G. D. Jay. " Simulation based teamwork training for emergency department staff: dose it improve clinical team performance when added to an existing didactic teamwork curriculum? Qulity of Safety Health Care", Vol. 13, No, 6, pp. 417-421. 2004. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/qshc.2003.005447 https://doi.org/10.1136/qshc.2003.005447
- S. E. Kim, C. W. Kim, S. J. Lee, J. H. Oh, D. H. Lee, T. H. Lim, H. J. Choi, H. S. Chung, J. Y. Ryu, H. Y. Jang, Y. H. Choi, S. J. Kim, J. H. Jung. " A questionnaire survey exploring healthcare professionals' attitudes towards teamwork and safety in acute care areas in South Korea. BMJ open", Vol. 5. No. 7, e007881, 2015.http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2015-007881 https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2015-007881
- J. C. Morey, R. Simon, G. D. Jay, R. L. Wears, M. Salisbury, K. A. Dukes, S. D. Berns. "Error reduction and performance improvement in the emergency department through formal teamwork training: evaluation results of the MedTeams Project. Health Service Research", Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 1553-1581, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.01104
- E. Salas, N. J. Sims, C. S. Burke, "Is there a "big five" in teamwork? Small Group Research", Vol. 36, pp. 555-599, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/1046496405277134
- T. Manser. "Teamwork and patient safety in dynamic domains of healthcare: a review of the literature. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandianvica", Vol. 53, pp. 143-151, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-6576.2008.01717.x
- D. A. Wiegmann, A. W. ElBardissi, J. A. Dearani, R. C. Daly, T. M. Sundt. "Disruptions in surgical flow and their relationship to surgical errors: an exploratory investigation. Surgery", Vol. 142, pp. 658-665, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2007.07.034
- L. Lingard, S. Espin, S. Whyte, G. Regehr, G. R. Baker, R. Reznick, J. Bohnen, B. Orser, D. Doran, E. Grober. "Communication failures in the operating room: an observational classification of recurrent types and effects. Quality of Safe Health care", Vol. 13, pp. 330-334, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1136/qshc.2003.008425
- R. Flin, G. Fletcher, P. McGeorge, A. Sutherland, R. Patey. "Anaesthetist's attitudes to teamwork and safety. Anaesthesia", Vol. 58, pp. 233-242, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2044.2003.03039.x
- W. Ummenhofer, F. Amsler, P. M. Sutter, B. Martina, J. Martin, D. Scheidegger. "Team performance in the emergency room assessment of inter disciplinary attitudes. Resuscitation", Vol. 49, pp. 39-46, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-9572(00)00304-X
- J. B. Sexton, E. J. Thomas, R. L. Helmrdic. "Error, stress, and teamwork in medicine and aviation: cross sectional survey. BMJ", Vol. 320, pp. 745-749, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.320.7237.745
- Y. H. Kim. "The relation of organizational structure and culture perception, conflict experience, commitment of hospital employees in Korea." Ph. D. Dissertation, p.100, Yonsei University, 2001.
- J. B. Sexton, M. A. Makary, A. R. Tersigni, D. Pryor, A. Hendrich, E. J. Thomas, C. G. Holzmueller, A. P. Knight, Y. Wu, P. J. Pronovost. "Teamwork in the operating room; frontline perspectives among hospitals and operating room personnel. Anesthesiology", Vol. 105, pp. 877-884, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/00000542-200611000-00006
- J. Stain-Purbery, J. Liaschenko. "Understanding collaboration between nurses and physicians as knowledge at work. American Journal of Critical Care", Vol. 16, pp. 470-477, 2007.
- L. Lingard, S. Whyte, S. Espin, G. R. Baker, B. Orser, D. Doran. "Towards safer interprofessional communication: constructing a model of "utility" from preoperative team briefings. Journal of Interprofessional care", Vol. 20, pp. 471-483, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/13561820600921865
- P. J. Pronovost, J. King, C. G. Holzmueller, M. Sawer, S. Bivens. M. Micheal, et al. "A web based tool for the comprehensive unit based safety program(CUSP). Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety", Vol, 32, No. 2, pp. 119-129, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1553-7250(06)32017-X
- J. Timmel, P. S. Kent, C. G. Holzmueller, L. Paine, R. D. Schulick, P. J. Pronovost. "Impact of the comprehensive unit based safety program(CUSP) on safety culture in a surgical inpatient unit. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety", Vol. 36, No. 6, pp. 252-260, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1553-7250(10)36040-5
- M. Cooper, M. A. Makary. "A comprehensive unit based safety program(CUSP) in surgery: improving quality through transparency. The Surgical Clinics of North America", Vol. 92, pp. 51-63, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suc.2011.11.008
- J. Weller, M. Boyed, D. Cumin. "Teams, tribes and patient safety: overcoming barriers to effective teamwork in healthcare. Postgraduate Medical Journal", Vol. 90, pp. 149-154, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/postgradmdej-2012-131168 https://doi.org/10.1136/postgradmedj-2012-131168
- Mi-Jin Kim, Gyun-Young Kang, "The Convergence Study on the Relationship between the Job Stress and Mental Health of Nurses", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 39-47, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.039
- Eun-Yeon Lee, Kyung-Hee Shon, "An analysis of research trends related with job stress in nursing", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 87-95, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.087