- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Affecting Nicotine Dependence of Social Psychological Variables in Smoking middle school
흡연중학생의 니코틴의존도에 영향을 미치는 사회·심리적 변인
- Cho, Young-Mun (Department of Nursing, Dongshin University) ;
- Woo, Mi-Young (Department of Nursing, Hosan University)
- Received : 2015.12.28
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study aimed to assess the influence of nicotine dependence with satisfaction of basic psychological needs, social support, attitude on smoking among middle school students. From Sep, 2015 to Nov, 2015, participants included 150 middle school students from D city and K province in Korea. Data for basic psychological needs, social support, attitude on smoking and nicotine dependence were collected through a self-reported questionnaire and were analyzed with independent t-test and analysis of variance, Pearson's correlation analysis, and multiple linear regression analysis. This study shows negative correlations between nicotine dependence and satisfaction of basic psychological needs(r=-.221, P=.008), competency(r=-.194, P=.021), relatedness(r=-.219, P=.009). The variables predicting nicotine dependence were satisfaction of basic psychological needs(
Middle school;Nicotine dependency;Basic psychological needs;Smoking attitude;Social support
- CDC:http://www.cdc.go.kr/CDC/intro/CdcKrIntro0201. 2014. 10.22.
- Jung-Hwa Chae, Influencing factors on nicotine dependency of smoking in middle school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, 2014.
- Pavanello, S., Clonfero, E., Biomarkers of genotoxic risk and metabolic polymorphism. Medicina del Lavoro, Vol. 91, No. 5, pp. 431-469, 2000.
- H. Y. Kwon, H. M. Kim, The qualitative analysis on psycho-social factors of bullying adolescent at school violence. The Korean Journal of East West Science, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.1-12, 2009.
- Yeon- Hee Kwak, The study of factors of parents and peers influencing on the adolescent smoking. Unpublished master's thesis, Silla University, 2011.
- Rigotti, NA., Clinical practice, treatment of tobacco use and dependence. The New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 346, No. 7, pp.506-512, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMcp012279
- Christina N., Lessov-Schlaggar, Hyman Hops, Janet Brignam, et al, Adolescent Smoking trajectories and nicotine dependence. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp.341-351, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/14622200701838257
- T. M. Song, J. Y. Lee, J. Y. An, Changes in smoking practices and the process of nicotine dependence. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp.123-129, 2010.
- M. K. Park, K. S. Kang, N. Y. Kim, Effects of a smoking cessation program on amount of smoking and nicotine dependence and self-efficacy of smoking cessation for smoking workers. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 7, pp.1073-1079, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.7.1073
- N. H. Park, Effects of an empowerment program on nicotine dependency, temptation, self-esteem, depression in adolescents who smoke. Journal of Korean Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp.1-8, 2012.
- K. H. Yang, Y. H. Kim, J. R. Lee, Factors affecting Middle school students's smoking behavior. Journal of Korean Academic Community Health Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.40-48, 2005.
- Deci, E. L., Ryan, R. M., Facilitating optimal motivation and psychological well-being across life's domains. Canadian Psychology, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 14-23, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1037/0708-55188.8.131.52
- Y. M. Cho, The influence of autonomy, competence, relatedness on Burnout among nurses, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp.491-500, 2014.
- Y. S. Kim, B. R. Jeong, An analysis of articles related to smoking and smoking cessation of korean adolescents. Journal of Korean Academic Community Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp.53-62, 2010. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.1.53
- H. K. Kim, J. Y. Park, E. J. Kwon, S. H. Choi, H. L. Cho, Efficacy of smoking cessation and prevention programs by intervention methods: A systematic review of published studies in Korean Journals during recent 3 years. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 30, No. 5, pp.61-77, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2013.30.5.061
- Y. S. Ha, Y. H. Choi, Effectiveness of a motivational interviewing smoking cessation program on cessation change in adolescents. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp.19-27, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.1.19
- Young-Sun Ha, The effectiveness of a motivational interviewing program based on the self-determination theory on cessation change in adolescents, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungpook National University. 2014.
- Williams, G. C., Patrick, H., Ryan, R. M., The importance of supporting autonomy and perceived competence in facilitating long-term tobacco abstinence. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 315-324, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12160-009-9090-y
- Williams, G. C., McGregor, H., Sharp, D., kouide, R. W., levesque, C. S., Ryan, R. M., Deci, E. L., A self-determination multiple risk intervention trial to improve smoker's health. Journal of General Internal Medicine, Vol. 21, No. 12, pp. 1288-1294, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00621.x
- M. H. Lee, A. Y. Kim, Development and construct validation of the basic psychological needs scale for korean adolescents: Based on the self-determination theory, The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp.157-174, 2008.
- Mi-Hyeon Han, A study on Stress, Perceived social support, and behavior problem of children. Unpublished doctoral thesis, Seoul National University. 1996.
- Tae-Yong Kim, A study on the influence of prospective factors tp school adaptation among middle school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyng University. 2014.
- H. K. Ahn, H. J. Lee, D. S. Iung, S. Y. Lee, S. W. Kim, J. H. Kang, The reliability and validity of korean version of questionnaire for nicotine dependence, Journal of the Korean Academy Family Medicine, Vol. 23, No. 8, pp.999-1008, 2002.
- J. Y. Chang, Analysis of related factors on middle school students in Korea. the journal of the korean society of school health. Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.77-88, 2006.
- S. H. Park, K. J. June, Predictors affecting smoking initiation and increase in smoking frequency among korean middle schoolers. Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 18 No. 1, pp.5-27, 2007.
- Jeong-Sun Jang, The effect of nicotine dependence of high school students and motivation system on the attention bias. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyng University. 2015.
- Jung-Hye Lim, Development and effectiveness of smoking cessation program for workers based on self-determination Theory. Unpublished master's thesis, Gyeongsang National University. 2015.
- S. H. Hwang, Parental and peer factors influence on adolescents' drinking and smoking behavior. Korean Association of Health and Medical Sociology. Vol. 27, pp.81-103, 2010.
- Griffin, K. W., Epstein, J. A., Botvin, G. J., & Spoth, R. L. Social competence and substance use among rural youth: Mediating role of social benefit expectance of use, Journal of Youth and Adolescence. Vol. 30, No. 4, pp.485-498, 2001.
- Moo-Sik Lee, Jee-Young Hong, Hye-Jeong Hwang, Seok-Hwan Bae, "The Factors associated with Success of Smoking After a 6 Month Cessation at Smoking Cessation Clinic in Public Health Center of One Metropolitan City", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 31-39, 2010.
- Mi-Jung Yeon, Keon-Yeop Kim, Moo-Sik Lee, Jee-Young Hong, Seok-Hwan Bae, Hye-Jeong Hwang, "A Comparison Study on the Internet Addiction and Health Problems of Middle School Students between Urban and Rural Area", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 41-47, 2010.