- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Self-Resilience and Social Support on School Adjustment of Dormitory High School Students Adaptation in Convergence Age
융복합시대 기숙사 고등학생의 학교적응에 자아탄력성과 사회적 지지가 미치는 영향
- Park, Sung-Joo (Dept.of Counselling Psychology, Gimcheon University)
- 박성주 (김천대학교 상담심리학과)
- Received : 2015.12.02
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study aims to look into the effects of ego-resilience and social support on school adjustment of dormitory high school students in the convergence age. For achieving this purpose, a survey with 358 students in an autonomous private high school situated in D area was conducted. For analysis of the collected data, regression analysis was carried out using SPSS WIN 20.0. As a result, it was found that ego-resilience positively affected school adjustment, and optimism, curiosity and emotional control, which are sub-factors of ego-resilience, positively affected it, too. Also, social support positively influenced school adjustment, and peer support and teacher support that are sub-factors of social support, positively influenced it, too. Therefore, it is considered that developing various programs and school culture for improving ego-resilience and providing social support to prevent a lot of problems caused by school maladjustment of high school students in the digital convergence era will positively influence individual students, schools, families and furthermore general sections of the society, and diverse interdisciplinary convergence studies on this will serve as the foundation for future longitudinal research.
Supported by : Gimcheon University
- Y. O. Lee & J. S. Lee, "A study of the difference by development stages on daily stress, perceived environment, psychological problem of child & adolescents". Journal of the Korea Child Psychotherapy, Vol. 6, No.1, pp. 53-79, 2011.
- Y. H. Park, "study of the relationship between the internet use and the interpersonal relationships in the case of higher level pupils in a primary school". MA dissertation, Yonsei University, Korea. 2002.
- J. A. Choi, "The Mediating Effects of Social Support and Resilience on the Relationships between Children's Perception of Marital Conflicts and School Adjustment". MA dissertation, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea. 2012.
- Y. J. Choi, "A study on the influences of social support and scholastic competence perception on learned helplessness, inferiority complex and psychological well-being". MA dissertation, Hanyang University, Korea. 2007.
- Y. S. Lee, "Study on school stress, self-resilience and school adaptation of adolescents: With female students at high school". MA dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, Korea. 2004.
- J. S. Park, "Social Support Perceived by Children and Their Ego-Resilience". MA dissertation, INHA University, Korea. 2009.
- S. H. Kim, "Relationship Analysis among Resilience, Academic Stress and Subjective Well-being". MA dissertation, Soonchenhyang University, Korea. 2012.
- S. W. Park, "Relations among Daily Stress, Ego resilience, Hope and Social Support Affecting Adolescents' Problem Behavior". MA dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, Korea. 2012.
- H. S. Jeon, "The Relationships between Maladaptive Thoughts Ego-resilience and Aggression in Adolescents". MA dissertation, Changwon National University, Korea. 2013.
- B. W. Kim & K. A. Jung, "The Differences of the Ego-Resilience and Disagreement in Parents' Rearing Attitude according to the Levels of the Smartphone Addiction of Adolescents". Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 299-308, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.299
- E. H. Park, "The Relationships between Ego-resiliencey, IQ and Academic Achievement". MA dissertation, Chungnam National University, Korea. 1996.
- J. Y. Shin, "A Study on The Effect of Parents' Child-Rearing Attitude Perceived by Children on Ego-resilience of Students in middle School". MA dissertation, Catholic University of Daegu. Korea. 2004.
- M. H. Kim, "The Effect of Ego-resilience Program on Middle School Students". MA dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Korea. 2006.
- M. S. Kim, "The Relationships between social support and maladjustment of children". MA dissertation, Sookmyung Women's University, Korea. 1995.
- J. W. Park, " Research work for the social support scale development". Ph. D. dissertation, Yonsei University, Korea. 1985.
- Y. G. Hawng, "A Study on Social-Support Perceived by Adolescents peer-group and Psychosocial Maturity". Ph. D. dissertation, Ewha Women's University, Korea. 1995.
- Y. R. Kim, "An Analysis on the Influences of Contribution Variables toward Academic Achievement". Ph. D. dissertation, Dong-Guk University, Korea. 1993.
- S. O. Sung., M. D. Park & Y. H. Kim, "Mediating Effect of Ego-Resilience on Correlation between School Stress and Adjustment of Adolescents". Journal of youth studies, Vol. 20, No. 8, pp. 49-70, 2013.
- M. S. Lee & J. U. Kim, "The Mediating Effects of Children's Empathy Ability and Self-Resilience between Parent-Child Communication and School Adjustment of Children". Journal of Youth Counseling, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 335-356, 2014.
- K. J. Park & Y. J. Park, "Effects of Social Support and Ego Resiliency of Institutionalized Children with a History of Abuse on School Life Adaptation-Focusing on the Mediating Effect of Self-esteem". Journal of the Korean society of child welfare, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 205-238, 2014.
- H. S. Jeon. "The Relationships between Maladaptive Thoughts Ego-resilience and Aggression in Adolescents". MA dissertation, Changwon National University, Korea. 2013.
- Y. J. Shin. "Study on relationships among parental child-rearing attitude, self-resilience and school adjustment of elementary school students". MA dissertation, Gongju National University, Korea. 2005.
- D. H. Kim & S. H. Park, "Comparisons of the Relationships between Social Supports and School Adjustment among Students in Special Classes at Elementary, Middle and High Schools". Journal of Special Education Research, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 5-29, 2008.
- H. K. Koo & S. J. Lee, "A Study on the Effect of Science-gifted High School Students' Perfectionistic Disposition and Support on their School Life Adaptation". Journal of Education Journal, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 51-83, 2011.
- M. K. Kwak & B. J. Seo, "The Influence Which the Self-Flexibility and the Social Support Felt by the Teenagers living in the Grandparents-Children Families Have on the Adaptation to School Life". Journal of Pubic Welfare Administration, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 75-112, 2011.
- Seung-Ok Shin, Jong Park, "Converged Association Between Suicidal ideation and Neighborhood Environment Among Some Adolescents", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 271-277, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.271
- Ji won Lee, Kyung-hee Kang, "Study about the relationship between self-esteem, depression and stress of students according to school system", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 69-74, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.069