- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Networking Technology for Cloud Data Centers
클라우드 데이터센터를 위한 네트워킹 기술에 관한 연구
- Choi, Jung-Yul (Division of Computer Engineering, Sungkyul University)
- 최정열 (성결대학교 컴퓨터공학부)
- Received : 2015.12.29
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
Legacy data centers are transforming toward cloud data centers according to the advance of mobile and Internet of Things technology, processing of big data, and development of cloud computing technology. The goal of cloud data centers is to efficiently manage energy and facility, and to rapidly provide service demands to users by operating virtualized ICT(Information and Communication Technology) resources. Accordingly, it requires to configure and operate networks for efficiently providing virtualized ICT resources. This paper analyzes networking technologies suitable for cloud data centers and presents ways to efficiently operate the data center.
Virtualization;network architecture;networking technology;cloud data centers;ICT;VXLAN
- D. Alger, "Grow a Greener Data Center", Cisco Press, 2010.
- TTAK.KO-09.0093, "Design guideline for cloud data centers", TTA standards, 2013.
- H. Kim, "Network virtualization-based cloud data centers", presented in Cloud Data Center Application Networking Optimization 2011, 2011.
- Cisco Global Cloud Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2011-2016.
- TTAK.KO-10.0762, "Evaluation framework for energy efficiency of cloud data centers", TTA standards, 2014.
- Al. Greenberg, et al., "The cost of a Cloud: Research Problems in Data Center Networks", ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 68-73, Jan. 2009.
- M. F. Bari, et al. "Data Center Network Virtualization: A Survey", IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 15, No. 2, 2nd Quarter 2013, pp. 909-928, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2012.090512.00043
- R. Jain and S. Paul, "Network Virtualization and Software Defined Networking for Cloud Computing: A Survey", IEEE Communications Magazine, Nov. 2013, pp. 24-31, 2013.
- G. Lee, "Cloud Networking", Morgan Kaufmann, 2014.
- J. Duff and etc, "Zetta network guideline for cloud data centers", IDG Tech Focus.
- Cisco: Cisco data center infrastructure 2.5 design guide, http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns107/c649/ccmigration_09186a008073377d.pdf
- M. Al-Fares, A. Loukissas and A. Vahdat, "A scalable commodity data center network architecture", in Proc. of the ACM SIGCOMM 2008, pp. 63-74, 2008
- C. Guo, H. Wu, K. Tan, L. Shi, Y. Zhang and S. Lu, "DCell: a scalable and fault-tolerant network structure for data centers", ACM SIGCOMM Computer communication Review, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 75-86, 2008
- C. Guo, et al, "BCube: a high performance, server-centric network architecture for modular data centers", Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 2009 Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications, pp. 63-74, 2009.
- G. Wang, et al., "c-Through: part-time optics in data centers", Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 2010 Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications, pp. 327-338, 2010.
- "PCI-SIG SR-IOV Primer", Intel white paper, http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/applicationnote/pci-sig-sr-iov-primer-sr-iov-technology-paper.pdf
- IEEE Std. 802.1Qbg-2012, "IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Media Access Control(MAC) Bridges and Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks - Amendment 21: Edge Virtual Bridging," July 5, 2012.
- IEEE Std. 802.1BR-2012, "IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Virtual Bridged Local Networks - Bridge Port Extension", 2012.
- M. Lasserre, et al., "Framework for Data Center (DC) Network Virtualization", IETF 7365, Oct. 2014.
- IEEE Std. 802.1ad-2005, " IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks - Virtual Bridged Local Area Network - Amendment 4: Provider Bridges".
- M. Mahalingam, et al., "Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN): A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized Layer 2 Networks over Layer 3 Networks", IETF RFC 7348, Aug. 2014.
- M. Sridharan, et al., "NVGRE: Network Virtualization using Generic Routing Encapsulation", IETF RFC 7637, Sep. 2015.
- R. Perlman,, "Introduction to TRILL", Internet Protocol Journal, Sep. 2011, pp.2-20.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, "Actual Cases and Analysis of IT Convergence for Green IT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 147-152, 2015.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, Dong-Woo Lee, "A Case Study in Japanese and Prospect of Cloud Computing Service in Convergence Age", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 17-22, 2015.