- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study of Dementia Patient Care Monitoring System Based on Indoor Location Using Bluetooth Beacon
블루투스 비콘을 활용한 실내위치기반 치매환자 모니터링 시스템에 관한 연구
- Kwon, Dae-Won (Dept. of Public Health Administration, Suseong College)
- 권대원 (수성대학교 보건행정과)
- Received : 2015.12.11
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
In this study, a dementia patient care monitoring system is suggested that uses a wearable type bluetooth beacon to prevent them from going missing. This system shows whether the patients stay within the manageable area and sends a warning message to their monitoring managers' or guardians' smart devices when they leave it. The feature of the system is that it provides the service based on indoor location that makes the beacon worn by dementia patients continuously transmit their location information to the managing server through the smart terminal installed indoors or in hospitals and that enables the monitoring managers or the guardians to receive messages sent from the server that tell the patients' whereabouts through their smart devices. The system suggested in this paper is believed to be a system that effectively contributes to the prevention of the dementia patients' going astray from the hospitals and facilities where they are taking care.
- Statistics Korea, "Current Status and Prospects of the World's Population and the Korea", pp. 15, 51, 2014.
- National Institute of Dementia, "Annual Report", pp. 7-8, 2014.
- J.H, Yoo, "A Study on the Space Plan of the Typical Seoul Daycare Center Considering the Characteristics of the Dementia Elderly", Master's Thesis, Graduate School, Hanyang University, pp. 8, 2012.
- J.W. Kim, M.K. Kim, "A Study on the Architectural Planning through the Analysis between the Behavior Character of Dementia Patient", Journal of The Korean Digital Architecture-Interior Association, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 57, 2006.
- J.W. Cho, E.J. Hwang, G.H. Park, "Design of a Dementia Patients Management System in Ubiquitous Environments", Proceed of the 33rd (KIISE) The Korean Institute of Information Scientist and Engineers Fall Conference, Vol. 33(2A), pp. 267-271, 2006.
- H.S. Hwang, W.S. Ko, G.U. Ban, C.S. Kim, "Development of a Smart Application for Protecting Dementia Patients", Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 16, No. 9, pp. 1089-1097, 2013. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2013.16.9.1089
- K.Y. Lee, M.G. Lee, M.J. Lim, "Design and Implementation of Accident Prevention System for Second-Class Citizen based on Bluetooth and NFC", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 131-136, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2013.13.6.131
- G.W. Park, C.S. Kim, G.H. Park, J.W. Park, D.S. Um, "System and Method for Managing The Wandering of a Dementia Patient", Patent Publication 10-2007-0101658, 2007.
- E.J. Kim, J.M. Song, "System and Method for Preventing Missing Dotard and Child", Patent Publication 10-2013-0003885, 2013.
- S.K. Kang, Y.E. An, J.W. Seo, J.A. Park, "Web-based RFID Management System for the Medical Equipments", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 77-84, 2011.
- Y.S. Kang, D.H. Choi, H.W. Kim, "Web-based Standardization Trend and Strategy of Mobile RFID Security Technology", Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 142-152, 2008.
- S.K. Lee, W.Y. Jeong, "A Study on Authentication Algorithm for NFC Security Channel", Korea ITS Journal, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 805-810, 2012.
- Korea Communications Agency, "Beacon, Emerging as the Key Infrastructure of the Location-Based Services", KCA Trends & Perspectives, Vol. 73, pp. 31-40, 2014.
- C.J. Kim, H.J. Jang, W.J. Kim, "Indoor Positioning of a Cellular Phone using iBeacons", KSCE 2015 CONVENTION 2015 CIVIL EXPO & CONFERENCE, pp. 53-54, 2015.
- S.G. Kim, T.H. Kim, S.W. Tak, "Performance Evaluation of RSSI-based Trilateration Localization Methods, Journal of Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering", Vol. 15 No. 11, pp. 2488-2492 2011.
- I.K. Lim, "Indoor Positioning System using BLE Beacon and Extended Kalman Filter", Ph.D. Thesis, Graduate School, Hannam University, pp. 94, 2015.
- Jin-Kyoung Park, "Convergence factors among their physical state, function and activities influencing on the cognition of elderly residents in a community", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 153-162, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.153
- Kwang-Jae Lee, Keun-Ho Lee, "A Study of Security Threats in Bluetooth v4.1 Beacon based Coupon Convergence Service", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 65-70, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.2.065