- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Life Satisfaction Analysis of Middle School Students Using Korean Children and Youth Panel Survey Data
한국아동·청소년패널조사 데이터를 이용한 중학생 삶의 만족도 분석
- An, Ji-Hye (Dept. of Graduate school of education, Korea University) ;
- Yun, You-Dong (Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Lim, Heui-Seok (Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Korea University)
- Received : 2015.12.09
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
In this paper, data mining regression analysis and decision tree analysis techniques were used to analyze factors affecting the life satisfaction of middle school students. For this purpose, we analyzed Korean Children and Youth Panel Survey(KCYPS) data. As results, the common influencing factors to the life satisfaction were derived from regression analysis. Those factors are self-esteem, depression, total grade satisfaction, regional community awareness, career identity, annual delinquency damage experience, siblings' factors, trust, behavioral control, and concentration. Based on the result described by decision tree analysis, the factors that indicate a significant impact on the life satisfaction of middle school students were self-esteem, depression, career identity and attention factor.
Korean Children and Youth Panel Survey(KCYPS);Data Mining;Regression Analysis;Decision Tree Analysis;Life Satisfaction
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, "2013 Korea Comprehensive Condition Survey on Children", 2014.
- Korea Bang Jeong-hwan Foundation, "Korea Child, Youth Happiness Index International Comparative Study Survey Result Reports", 2015.
- H. Y. Chun, Y. J. Song, M. R. Lee, "A Clustering Study of the Variables Related to Elementary School 5th Graders' Levels of Life Satisfaction", The Journal of Korean Association of Child Studies, Vol.35, No.3, pp.71-92, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5723/KJCS.2014.35.3.71
- O. B. Chung, "Theories of Life-Span Development", Hakjisa, 2007.
- Lyons, J. B, "Family systems, Adolescent antisocial behavior and Loneliness : A Test of Mediating and moderating models", NY: New York University Press, 2004.
- H. W. Kim, "Exploration of the Extents and Factors Explaining Well-Being among Korean Adolescents", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol.14, No.2, pp.269-297. 2007.
- J. R. Lee, "An investigation into Protective Factors and Risk Factors in terms of Middle School Students' Life Satisfaction Using Data Mining", The Korean Journal of the Human Development, Vol.15, No.4, pp.51-65, 2008.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, "First, Child Policy Basics Plan"
- J. R. Lee, "An investigation into Protective Factors and Risk Factors in terms of Elementary School Students' Life Satisfaction Using Data Mining", The Journal of Korean Association of Child Studies, Vol.3, No.1, pp.11-25, 2009.
- Diener, E., Emmons, R. A., Larsen, R. J., & Griffin, S, "The Satisfaction with Life Scale", Journal of Personality Assessment, Vol.49, pp.71-75, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4901_13
- Schalock, R, "Quality of Life", New York : American Association on Mental Retardation, 1996.
- WHO, " WHOQOL-Measuring Quality of Life, 1997.
- S. J. Choi, "A Study on the Development of Measuring Scale of he Concept of Life Satisfaction", Collection of Writings of Research Institute of Korean Culture Ewha Womans University ,Vol.49, pp.233-258, 1986.
- J. W. Hwang, K. H. Kim, "The Relationship between Orientations to Happiness and Subjective Well-being among University Students", The Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol.10, No.1, pp.57-71, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.1.200903.57
- Diener, E., & Fujita, F, "Life satisfaction setpoint: Stability and change", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.88, No.1, pp.158-164, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.199
- M. Shin, S. H. Seong, M. S. Yoo, "A Study on Factors Affecting Life satisfaction and Wellbeing in Youth", Korean Journal of Youth Studies , Vol.17, No.9, pp.131-150, 2010.
- Diener, E, "Subjective well-being", Psychological Bulletin, Vol.95, No.3, pp.542-575, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.95.3.542
- Myers, D. G, & Diener, E, "Who is happy?", Psychological Science, Vol.6, pp.10-19, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9280.1995.tb00298.x
- K. H. Cha, "Collegiate Personality Traits and Life Satisfaction", The Korea Journal of Youth Counseling, Vol.9, No.1, pp.7-26, 2001.
- M. H. Jo, J. O. Kim, S. M. Kwon, "Quality of Life of Youth", Social science and policy research, Vol.16, No.2, pp.61-94, 1994.
- H. J. Cho, J. Y. Yoon, "The Influence Factor of Elementary Student's Life Satisfaction", Collection of Writings of Soon Chun Hyang Humanities, Vol.34, No.1, pp.167-197, 2015.
- S. S. Han, K. M. Kim, "Influencing Factors on Self-Esteem in Adolescents", Journal of Korean academy of nursing, Vol.36, No.1, pp.37-44, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.1.37
- M. S. Lee, "Factors Affecting Adolescent Life Quality", Graduate School of Baek-seok University, Doctoral Thesis, 2006.
- J. Y. Kim, H. J. Chung, "A Study on factors influencing the quality of life for adolescents", Social Welfare Review, Vol.13, No.0, pp.171-190, 2008.
- J. M. Lee, "The Effect of parent-children attachment and social support on the psycho-social maladjustment of elementary school students", Graduate School of education of Kon-kuk University, Master's Thesis, 2004.
- Corsano, Majorano, & Champretavy, L, "Psychological well-being in adolescence: The contribution of interpersonal relations and experience of being alone", Adolescence, Vol.41, No.162, pp.341-353, 2006.
- Y. S. Han, "A Study on the Correlation among Sibling-Relationships, Life-Satisfaction, and Disposition in Children and Adolescents", Graduate School of education of Chung-nam University, Master's Thesis, 2008.
- H. Y. Koo, H. S. Park, E. H. Jang, "Satisfaction with Life and It's Predictors of Korean Adolescents ", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.36, No.1, pp.151-158, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.1.151
- M. J. Yang, E. K. Lee, H. W. Lee, "A Study on Psychosocial Characteristic, Environmental Variables and Mental Health Variables of Adolescent", The Korea Journal of Youth Counseling, Vol.14, No.1, pp.63-76, 2006.
- N. E. Jeong, "A Qualitative Research on Meaning of Learning, Examination, Academic Achievement to Students and Teachers in Elementary School", Graduate school of Education of Cheong-ju University, Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Y. S. Park, U. C. Kim, K. S. Chung, S. M. Lee, H. H. Kwon, K. M. Yang, "Causes and Consequences of Life-satisfaction among Primary, Junior High, and Senior High School Students", Korean journal of health psychology, Vol.5, No.1, pp.94-118, 2000.
- David Hand, Heikki Mannila and Padhraic Smyth, "Principles of Data Mining", The MIT Press, 2001.
- Berry, J.A.M., & Linoff, G, "Data mining technique for marketing sales and customer support", New York, NY:John Wiley & Sons Inc, 1997.
- J. Hur, J. W. Kim, "A Hybrid Data Mining Technique Using Error Pattern Modeling", Journal of the Korean operations research and management science society, Vol.30, No.4, pp.27-43, 2005.
- C. H. Jun, "Data Mining Techniques and Applications", Seoul : Hannarae, 2012.
- Tan P. N. et al, "Introduction to Data Mining", Addison Wesley, 2005.
- W. S. Kim, "A Study on Factors of Education's Outcome using Decision trees", Engineering Education Research, Vol.13, No.4, pp.51-53, 2010. https://doi.org/10.18108/jeer.2010.13.4.51
- M. Y. Lee, "Analysis of Traffic Accident Factor Using Decision Tree Model", Graduate School of Myong-ji University, Master's Thesis, 2013.
- E. Y. Kim, "The Influence of Study Habits and Emotional Problems Regarding Life Satisfaction: Focusing on Sixth Graders in Elementary Schools", The Korean Journal of Human Development, Vol.21, No.2, pp.1-22, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15284/kjhd.2014.21.4.1
- H. R. Kim, D. H. Jeon, "The Factors that Affects the Employment Type of The Graduates by Data-mining Approach", Journal of the Korea society of computer and information, Vol.17, No.7, pp.167-174, 2012.
- Hye-Ri Jung, A-Ryang Son, Yeo-Ju Yun, Seol-Hee Lee, Seoul-Bi Lee, Jung-Ah In, Kyung-hee Kang, "Study on self-development needs, job satisfaction, self-efficacy by general characteristics of dental hygienist", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 231-239, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.231
- Kyoung-A Chung, Ji-Hyun Cho, "Differences between Major Satisfaction, University Life Adjustment, Self-Esteem and Career Identity according to the Time of Department Selection of Students in the Department of Occupational Therapy at One University", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 143-155, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.143
- Elementary School Children"s Happiness According to the Types of Mother & Peer Attachment and Teacher-Child Conflict Relationship vol.25, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.5.545
- Effects of Perceived Daily Stress and Sense of Humor on Quality of Life among School-Age Children vol.24, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2018.24.1.18