- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Real-Time Object Tracking Algorithm based on Pattern Classification in Surveillance Networks
서베일런스 네트워크에서 패턴인식 기반의 실시간 객체 추적 알고리즘
- Kang, Sung-Kwan (HCI Lab., Department of Computer and Information Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Chun, Sang-Hun (Department of Information and Technology, Incheon JEI University)
- Received : 2015.12.30
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This paper proposes algorithm to reduce the computing time in a neural network that reduces transmission of data for tracking mobile objects in surveillance networks in terms of detection and communication load. Object Detection can be defined as follows : Given image sequence, which can forom a digitalized image, the goal of object detection is to determine whether or not there is any object in the image, and if present, returns its location, direction, size, and so on. But object in an given image is considerably difficult because location, size, light conditions, obstacle and so on change the overall appearance of objects, thereby making it difficult to detect them rapidly and exactly. Therefore, this paper proposes fast and exact object detection which overcomes some restrictions by using neural network. Proposed system can be object detection irrelevant to obstacle, background and pose rapidly. And neural network calculation time is decreased by reducing input vector size of neural network. Principle Component Analysis can reduce the dimension of data. In the video input in real time from a CCTV was experimented and in case of color segment, the result shows different success rate depending on camera settings. Experimental results show proposed method attains 30% higher recognition performance than the conventional method.
Object Detection;Neural Network;Mahalanobis Distance;Object Tracking
- W. Zhang and G. Cao, Dynamic Convoy Tree-Based Collaboration for Target Tracking in Sensor Networks, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 3, No. 5,pp.25-35, September 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2003.821219
- D. R. Kincaid and W. W. Cheney, Numerical Analysis: the Mathematics of Scientific Computing, Van Nostrand, 1991.
- S. M. LaValle, Planning Algorithms, Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- J. O'Rourke, Computational Geometry in C, 2^nd Edition, Cambridge University Press, 1998
- S. J. Maybank, A. D. Worrall and G. D. Sullivan, Filter for Car Tracking Based on Acceleration and Steering Angle, British Machine Vision Conference, 1996.
- J. L. Hill and D. E. Culler, Mica: a Wireless Platform for Deeply Embedded Networks, IEEE Micro, Vol. 22, No.1,Dec 2002.
- V. and P. R. Kumar, Principles and Protocols for Power Control in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun. (JSAC), Vol.1, pp.76-88, January 2005.
- V. Kawadia and P. R. Kumar, Power Control and Clustering in Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Infocom, March 2003.
- Y. Ko, V. Shankarkumar and N. H. Vaidya, Medium Access Control Protocols Using Directional Antennas in Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Infocom, March 1999.
- A. Aljadhai and T. F. Znati, Predictive Mobility Support for QoS Provisioning in Mobile Wireless Environments, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), Vol. 19, No. 10, October 2001.
- P. Phillips, "The FERET Database and Evolution Procedure for Object Recognition Al-gorithms," Image and Vision Computing, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 295-306, 1999.
- H. Weiming, T. Tieniu, Fellow, IEEE, L. Wang, and S. Maybank, "A Survey on Visual Surveillance of Object Motion and Behaviors", IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part C: Applications and Reviews, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp.212-225, 2004.
- T. Yang, Q. Pan, J. Li, Y. Cheng, C. Zhao, "Real-Time Head Tracking System With an Active Camera", In Proc. of the World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Hangzhou, PR China, 2004.
- A. Gomez, M. Fernandez, O. Corch, Ontological Engineering, 2nd Edition, Berlin Heidelberg, New York, 2004.
- A. Celentano, O. Gaggi, "Context-Aware Design of Adaptable Multimodal Documents", Multimedia Tools and Application, Vol. 29, pp. 7-28, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-006-7811-9
- MyounJae Lee, "A Study on Convergence Development Direction of Gesture Recognition Game", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 1-7, 2014.
- Yujia Zhai, "Stable Tracking Control to a Non-linear Process Via Neural Network Model", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 163-169, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.163
- Liu. Chengjun ; H.Wechsler.; "Enhanced Fisher linear discriminant models for face recognition," Pattern Recognition, 1998. Proceedings. Vol. 2, No.16-20 pp. 1368-1372, Aug.1998