- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Factors affecting the VOD advertising in IPTV: Focus on Program and Ad location factors
IPTV VOD 광고효과에 영향을 미치는 요인: 프로그램과 게재위치 요인을 중심으로
- Yu, Seung-Yeob (Dept. of Advertising and PR, Namseoul University)
- 유승엽 (남서울대학교 광고홍보학과)
- Received : 2015.12.28
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study was done to find out what is a factors affecting VOD advertising in IPTV. To this end, the location form of the Pre-play and program insert ad in IPTV was prepared to compare the test stimuli. And the experiment was conducted. The results were as follows. First, attention to ad and commitment of program had a significant impact on VOD advertising attitude. On the other hand, the program viewing satisfaction had no significant effect. Second, the attention to ads had a significant effect on the purchase intention on advertised products in VOD. Third, attitudes to ad and purchase intention between the Pre-Play and program insert ads positions, did not have a significant difference. Accordingly, it concludes that current Pre-play advertising strategy is effective. It is also expected to help establish a strategy that is able to effectively show VOD ads in IPTV to consumers in the future.
VOD Advertising;Pre-playads;program insert ad;commitment of program;advertising effect
Supported by : 남서울대학교
- Do Yeon Kim etc, "A activation study on communication and broadcasting convergence service ", Vol. 10, pp. 1-10, 2001.
- Sanghoon Kim & Soohyun Lim, "Study on status of VOD viewer ratings and improvement of measurement", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol 26. No. 2, pp.139-161, 2015.
- Gook Jin Kim & Sung Jin Choi , " IPTV=Internet Protocol TV. Nanam Publisher, 2007.
- Dong Shik Byun, " A study of the chang of the competitive dynamic among the existing media from the introduction of IPTV service". Seoul National University of Technology, 2006.
- Jae-Won Kang & Sang-Woo Lee, " A convergence -adaptation model for IPTV use: Functional similarity & media substitution". Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol 50, No 2, pp. 5-32, 2006.
- Chang-Hyun Jin, "The study of IPTV audience's characteristics and the relationship between motivation and advertising attitude formation". Journal of Communication Science, Vol 10, No 3, pp. 575-617, 2010.
- Sangpil Han, Seungyeob Yu, & Nami Kim, "Advertising effects of VOD and real-time commercials: with a focus on viewing situation and advertising potions". Korean Journal of Consummer and Advertising Psychology, Vol 14, N0 4, pp. 655-680, 2013. https://doi.org/10.21074/kjlcap.2013.14.4.655
- ETNEWS, 2015. 1.20.
- Korea Creative Content Agency. "World Broadcasting Industry Trends", 2011
- Sung-Uk Sim. "The perception of IPTV effects on IPTV Ad attitude". Korea Broadcasting Association Autumn Conference. 2011.
- Daechun An, TaiWoong Yun, & Ji Eun Bae. "Lifestyle Segmentation of IPTV Subscribers and their Attitudes toward Advertising", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol 23, No 1, pp. 343-369, 2012.
- Seung Yeob Yu. "Indirect Advertisement Effect on Mosaic of Brand Containing PPL", Journal of media economics & culture, Vol 1, No 4, 35-73, 2003.
- Jae-Hwi Kim. " Effect of Island TV commercials in program P Recall, recognition, and attitude", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol 10, No 4, 59-84, 1999.
- Sang Bin Lee, & Hyun Jung Han. "Persuaded of model validation process with the print media response profile", Journal of Advertising Study, Vol 18, pp. 87-121, 1993.
- Yoon, K. "Involvement level and the mediating role of attitude toward the advertisement". In L. N. Reid (Ed.), Processing oh the 1992 Conference of the American Academy of Advertising, pp. 46-54. American Academy of Advertising. 1992.
- Sung-Hwa Hong, Suk-Yong Jung, "The Study for the Image Quality Measurement in IPTV", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 39-43, 2011.