- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Mediation Effect of Marriage Satisfaction about Personality Traits of Married Female Immigrants to Affect on Preparing Their Old Age
결혼이주여성의 성격특성이 노후준비에 미치는 영향에서 결혼만족도의 매개효과
- Song, Sun-Hee (Dept. of Liberal Arts, Hoseo University)
- 송선희 (호서대학교 교양교직학부)
- Received : 2016.01.01
- Accepted : 2016.02.20
- Published : 2016.02.28
The purpose of the study is to explore mediation effect of marriage satisfaction when personality traits of married female immigrants would influence the preparation for old age. The survey targets are married female immigrants who live in Seoul, Gyeonggi province, Chungcheong province, and Jeolla province, who are using the programs of Multicultural Center, and who could communicate each other. The analysis was also conducted on 426 of 450 questionnaires. The findings are as follows. First of all, extroversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, openness of personality traits appear as positive correlation with emotional preparation, physical preparation, financial preparation, marriage satisfaction. However, financial preparation has no correlation with neuroticism. Second, personality traits and marriage satisfaction explain about emotional preparation as 34.6 %, but there is no mediation effect of marriage satisfaction. Third, personality traits and marriage satisfaction explain about physical preparation as 28.1%. In addition, agreeableness and physical preparation have mediation effect of marriage satisfaction. Fourth, personality traits and marriage satisfaction explain about financial preparation as 15.9%.. Moreover, openness and financial preparation have mediation effect of marriage satisfaction.
married female immigrant;personality traits;preparation for old age;marriage satisfaction;mediation effect
Supported by : 호서대학교
- Kim, T. H., Jun, G. Y. "A Study on the Conjugal Support, the Share of Household Activites and Marital Adjustment in Old Age". The Journal of Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 17, No.2, pp. 167-182. 1997.
- Rowe, J. W. & Kahn, "Successful Aging", NY: Dell Publishing. 1998.
- Lee, H. H. "The relationship between the intelligence factors in hierarchical model and the personality factor in big 5 model". Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sookmyeong Women's University, 2007.
- Son, H. R. "A Study on Married Female Immigrants' Life Style and Marriage Satisfaction on the Perception of Preparing Their Old Age". Unpublished doctoral dissertation, School of venture Hoseo, 2012.
- Han, N. J. "A Study on Multi-Culture Family Women's Satisfaction with Marital Relations". Unpublished Master's dissertation, Youngnam University, 2009.
- Lim, K. S. "A Study on Women of Multi-Culture Families for preparation of Old Life ". Unpublished Master's dissertation, Hanyang University, 2010.
- Young-Ae Jung, "A Study on the Education Model for Information Literacy Improvement of Multi-cultural Family Children", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 15-20, 2011.
- Hyea-Kyung Lee, Eun-Hee Shin, Yeon-Kyung Kim, "Converged Influencing Factors on the Stages of Change of Exercise in Middle Aged Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 187-197, 2015.
- Moon, M, Song, S. H., "Effects of Married Female Immigrants' Consciousness of Later Life and Social-Leisure Activities on Their Preparation Perception for Their Later Life in Choongchungnam-Do". The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 379-387, 2014.
- Bureau of Statistics, "2011 Marriage statistics". 2011.
- Kim, Y. R., "Multicultural society, korea : culture diversity and mutua lifel" pp. 11, 2013.
- Son, H. R., Song, S. H., "A Study on The Married Female Immigrants' Life Style and Marriage Satisfaction in Terms of Preparing Their Old Age in Chungcheongnam-do". Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, Vol. 49, No. 10, pp. 57-69, 2011.
- Moon, M., "Effects of Female Marriage Immigrants' Personality, Consciousness of Later, Social and Leisure Activities on Their Preparation of Their Later Life". Unpublished doctoral dissertation, School of venture Hoseo, 2014.
- Yu, I. S., "Effects of the personality Traits, society Activity Leisure Activity of Baby Boomers on the preparation perception for the Old Age". Unpublished doctoral dissertation, School of venture Hoseo, 2011.
- McCrae R.R., and Costa P.T., Jr." Personality Trait Structure as a Human Universal". American Psychologist 52: 509-516, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.52.5.509
- Yu, I. S., Choi, S. I., "Effects of the Personality Traits of Baby Boomers on the Preparation Behaviors for the Old Age - Focused on the Cheon-An Industrial Complex's Workers ". The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 245-262. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.04.245
- Bae, K. H. "A Study on Preparation for Old Age of Adulthood". Unpublished Master's dissertation, Dongguk University, 1988.
- Park, K. M. "A Study of Middle Aged Women's Health Status, Preparation for the Aged and Perception of Successful Aging". Unpublished Master's dissertation, Aju University, 2013.
- Lim, H. J. "The correlation between health condition and preparation for the old-aged in the middle-aged". Unpublished Master's dissertation, Yonsei University, 2002.
- Lee, H. S. "Study on the Workers of Earned Income Preparation about Life after Old Age : Focused on Ansan City". Unpublished Master's dissertation, Dongguk University, 2009.
- Bae, M. J. "Middle aged People's Attitudes toward Elderly and Preparations for their Old age". The Journal of Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 29, No.3, pp. 1107-1122. 2009.
- Bureau of Statistics, "2009 Statistics". 2009.
- Beach, S., Katz, Kim, S., & Brody, GH,. "Perspective effects of marital satisfaction on depressive symptoms in established marriage: A dyadic model". Journal of Social and Personal Relationships 20, 355-371. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/0265407503020003005
- Lee, K. S. "A Study for predict factors on divorce intention". The Korean Journal Of Woman Psychology Issue, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 97-119. 2001
- A Study on the Double Mediation Analysis in Structural Equating Models with Bootstrapping Using R vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.111