- Volume 49 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Joint Orientation Distribution on Hydraulic Behavior of the 2-D DFN System
절리의 방향분포가 이차원 DFN 시스템의 수리적 특성에 미치는 영향
- Han, Jisu (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Um, Jeong-Gi (Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2016.01.13
- Accepted : 2016.02.21
- Published : 2016.02.28
A program code was developed to calculate block hydraulic conductivity of the 2-D DFN(discrete fracture network) system based on equivalent pipe network, and implemented to examine the effect of joint orientation distribution on the hydraulic characteristics of fractured rock masses through numerical experiments. A rock block of size
fractured rock mass;joint orientation distribution;discrete fracture network;block hydraulic conductivity;numerical analysis
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Andersson, J. and Dverstorp, B. (1987) Conditional simulations of fluid flow in three dimensional networks of discrete fractures. Water Resour. Res. v.23, p.1876-1886. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR023i010p01876
- Bang, S., Jeon, S. and Choe, J. (2003) Determination of equivalent hydraulic conductivity of rock mass using three-dimensional discontinuity network, J. of Korean Society for Rock Mech., v.13, p.52-63.
- Berkowitz, B. (2002) Characterizing flow and transport in fractured geological media: a review. Adv. Water Resour. Res. v.25, p.861-884. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1708(02)00042-8
- Cacas, M.C., Ledoux, E., de Marsily, G., Tillie, B., Barbreau, A., Durand, E., Feuga, B. and Peaudecerf, P. (1990) Modeling fracture flow with a stochastic discrete fracture network: calibration and validation: 1. The flow model. Water Resour. Res. v.26, p.479-489.
- Dershowitz, W. and Miller, I. (1995) Dual porosity fracture flow and transport. Geophys. Res. Lett. v.22, p.1441-1444. https://doi.org/10.1029/95GL01099
- Han, J. and Um, J. (2015) Characteristics of block hydraulic conductivity of 2-D DFN system according to block size and fracture geometry, J. of Korean Society for Rock Mech., v.25, p.450-461.
- Haws, N.W., Rao, P.S.C., Simunek, J. and Poyer, I.C. (2005) Single-porosity and dual-porosity modeling of water flow and solute transport in subsurface-drained fields using effective field-scale parameters. J. Hydrol. v.313, p.257-273. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2005.03.035
- Jing, L. (2003) A review of techniques, advances and outstanding issues in numerical modelling for rock mechanics and rock engineering. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. v.40, p.283-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(03)00013-3
- Jing, L. and Hudson, J. (2002) Numerical methods in rock mechanics. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. v.39, p.409-427. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(02)00065-5
- Kantani, K. (1984) Distribution of directional data and fabric tensors, Int. J. Engng Sci. v.22, p.149-164. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7225(84)90090-9
- Li, L.C., Tang, C.A., Wang, S.Y. and Yu, J. (2013) A coupled thermo-hydrologic-mechanical damage model and associated application in a stability analysis on a rock pillar. Tunn. Undergr. Sp. Tech. v.34, p.38-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2012.10.003
- Long, J.C.S., Gilmour and P., Witherspoon, P.A. (1985) A model for steady fluid flow in random three-dimensional networks of disc-shaped fractures. Water Resour. Res. v.21, p.1105-1115. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR021i008p01105
- Long, J.C.S., Remer, J.S., Wilson, C.R. and Witherspoon, P.A. (1982) Porous Media Equivalents for networks of Discontinuous fractures. Water Resour. Res. v.18, p.645-658. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR018i003p00645
- Neuman, S.P. (2005) Trands, prospects and challenges in quantifying flow and transport through fractured rocks. Hydrogeol. J. v.13, p.124-147. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10040-004-0397-2
- Oda, M. (1985) Permeability tensor for discontinuous rock masses. Geotechnique. v.35, p.483-495. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19126.96.36.1993
- Panda, B.B. and Kulatilake, P.H.S.W. (1999) Effect of joint geometry and transmissivity on jointed rock hydraulics, J. Eng. Mech. v.125, p.41-50. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1999)125:1(41)
- Priest, S.D. (1993) Discontinuity Analysis for Rock Engineering, Chapman & Hall, London, 473p.
- Pruess, K., Wang, J.S.Y. and Tsang, Y.W. (1990a) On thermohydrologic conditions near high-level nuclear wastes emplaced in partially saturated fractured tuff: 1. Simulation studies with explicit consideration of fracture effects. Water Resour. Res. v.26, p.1235-1248.
- Pruess, K., Wang, J.S.Y. and Tsang, Y.W. (1990b) On thermohydrologic conditions near high-level nuclear wastes emplaced in partially saturated fractured tuff: 2. Effective continuum approximation. Water Resour. Res. v.26, p.1249-1261.
- Rouleau, A. and Gale, J.E. (1987) Stochastic discrete fracture simulation of ground water flow into an underground excavation in granite. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. Geomech. Abstr. v.24, p.99-112.
- Sahimi, M. (1993) Flow phenomena in rocks: from continuum models to fractals, percolation, cellular automata, and simulated annealing. Rev. Mod. Phys. v.65, p.1393. https://doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.65.1393
- Schwartz, F.W., Smith, W.L. and Crowe, A.S. (1983) A stochastic analysis of microscopic dispersion in fractured media. Water Resour. Res. v.19, p.1253-1265. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR019i005p01253
- Effect of Joint Aperture Variation on Hydraulic Behavior of the 2-D DFN System vol.26, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.4.283