- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on selecting of Light Cutoff Panel depending on the installation condition using the lighting simulation
조명 시뮬레이션을 이용한 설치 환경별 차광판 선정에 관한 연구
- Park, Hyung-Kyu (National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Gu, Jin-Hoi (National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lee, Kyu-Mok (National Institute of Environmental Research)
- Received : 2015.04.30
- Accepted : 2016.02.04
- Published : 2016.02.29
The use of security lighting that emits spill light is considered a cause of light trespass problems in the residential areas. Therefore, a cutoff panel was installed as an alternative way to reduce light trespass. On the other hand, it has another problem in that it is less effective and is not good enough for aesthetics and safety. In this study, a light cutoff panel was designed and manufactured to reduce the light trespass, and the structure of a proper light cutoff panel was studied. Using a goniophotometer, the light distribution file (IES file) was extracted and the characteristics of light distribution were analyzed using the RELUX program. The results showed that the reduction of spilt light in the backward direction was decreased significantly for all types of light cutoff panels except the coated globe. In the case of a black powder coated light cutoff panel, the forward light caused by light reflected from the surface of the light cutoff panel was also reduced, which means that the black powder coated light cutoff panel is effective in the performance of light cutoff in the forward and backward directions. In addition, the coated glove increased the spilt light in the forward and backward directions because it reflects the upward light to go down. A 90 % accuracy between the measurement value of light trespass and the expected value of the light trespass was obtained from a simulation.
- National Institute of Environmental Research, Study on a guidelines to reduce the light pollution emitted from the road lighting fixtures, pp. 1-31, 2011.
- Chae, S. G., Jung, D. H., Lee, Y. C., Reflector Design for LED Pedestrian Lighting Using Indirect Reflectance Type, Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers 26(4), 6-13, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2012.26.4.006
- National Institute of Environmental Research, Study on a improvement of the spilt light by outdoor lighting (I), pp. 1-29, 2013.
- Yoo, S. S., Lee, M. M., Kim, H., A Study of Shade Plate Structures for against Light Trespass by Road Lighting, Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers 27(4), 106-107, 2013.
- Gu, j., h., Kwon, M, H., Lee, Y. G, Study on a Forward Light Changes According to the Surface Treatment of Light Cutoff Panel, Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers 28(12) 1-5, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2014.28.12.001 https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2014.28.12.001
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, Lighting for Exterior Environments. RP-33-99, 2008.
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America & International Darksky Association, Model Lighting Ordinance(MLO),2008.
- Hong, S.D. Lighting Simulation using Relux. Journal of Korean Digital Architecture․Interior Association 11(1), 83-90, 2011.