- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Public Health Center Program participation on Metabolic Syndrome and Risk of Disease in Middle- aged and Elderly Women
보건소 건강교실 참여가 중,고령 여성의 대사증후군과 질병 발병 위험에 미치는 효과
- Lee, Yong-Soo (Department of Sports for All, College of Health Science, Jangan University)
- 이용수 (장안대학교 생활체육과)
- Received : 2016.11.02
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of the education intervention program as a nutrition program and exercise for the improvement of metabolic syndrome in women who voluntarily participated in health program in public health centers over 30 years of age. The subjects of this study were 120 women who completed the 12 - week obesity clinic program among the 400 obesity clinic participants in the northeastern of Seoul. Exercise and nutrition programs were administered on a daily basis for 1 hour every week for 12 hours with exercise and nutrition for 1 week to assess the effect of the participants on the risk factors of metabolic syndrome in health program. The metabolic syndrome and the risk of the disease were examined by analyzing the metabolic syndrome risk factors, change magnitude and change rates before and after the intervention. Waist circumference(p <.001), systolic blood pressure (p <.001), diastolic blood pressure (p <.001) and body mass index (p <.001) decreased during the 12 - week health program. Body weight (p <.01), waist circumference (p <.05), BMI (p <.01) and fat mass (p <.05) decreased more in the age group below 50 years.
Metabolic Syndrome;Health Promotion;Risk of Disease;Public Health Center;Wome
Supported by : 장안대학교
- R. DeFronzo, "A Insulin resistance: a multifaceted syndrome responsible for NIDDM, obesity, hypertension, dyslipidaemia and atherosclerosis", Netherlands Journal of Medicine, Vol. 50, No. 5, pp. 191-197, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-2977(97)00012-0
- S. Braun, K. Bitton-Worms & D. LeRoith, "The Link between the Metabolic Syndrome and Cancer", International Journal of Biological Science, Vol. 7, pp. 1003-1015, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7150/ijbs.7.1003
- A. K. Gupta, B. Dahlof, P. S. Sever & N. R. Poulter, "Metabolic syndrome, independent of its components, is a risk factor for stroke and death but not for coronary heart disease among hypertensive patients in the ASCOT-BPLA", Diabetes Care, Vol. 33, No. 7, pp. 1647-1651, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2337/dc09-2208
- B. Isomaa, P. Almgren, T, Tuomi, B. Forsen, K. Lahti, M. Nissen, M. R. Taskinen & L. Groop, "Cardiovascular Morbiditya nd Mortality Associated With the Metabolic Syndrome", Diabetes Care, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 683-689, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.24.4.683
- J. B. Meigs, "Epidemiology of the metabolic syndrome, 2002", The American Journal of Managed Care, Vol. 8, No. 11(supl), pp. 2002.
- J. E. Oh, S. H. Lim, "Association of Osteoarthritis with prevalence of Metabolic syndrome: based on 2009-2010 Korean National Health & Nutrition Survey", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 2016.
- K. C. Maki, "Dietary factors in the prevention of diabetes mellitus and coronary artery disease associated with the metabolic syndrome", American Journal of Cardiology, Vol. 93(suppl), 12C-17C, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2004.02.001
- E. S. Ford, W. H. Giles, & W. H. Dietz, "Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome among US adults", JAMA, Vol. 287, No. 3, pp. 356-359, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.287.3.356
- Yong-Woo Park, S. Zhu, L. Palaniappan, S Heshka, M. R. Carnethon, and S. B. Heymsfield,"The Metabolic Syndrome: Prevalence and Associated Risk Factor Findings in the US Population From the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988-1994", Arch Intern Med. Vol. 163, No. 4, pp. 427-436, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.163.4.427
- Y. S. Lee, G. A. Hyung, "The Correlation between Level of Physical Activity and Metabolic Syndrome Risk factor in Patient with Metabolic Syndrome", The Korea Journal of Sport, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 375-383, 2013.
- C. G. Kang, "Effects of 12 weeks combined exercise training in elderly farmer on daily living fitness and metabolic syndrome risk factor", University KyungHee of Graduate, 2008.
- K. C. Joo, H. J. Lee, "The relationship between regular exercise and both Framingham Risk Score and determinant of Metabolic Syndrome in middle-aged men", The Official Journal of the Korean Academy of Kinesiology, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 181-191, 2006.
- A. D. Bertoldi., P. C. Hallal, & A. J. Barros, "Physical activity and medicine use: evidence from a population-based study", BMC Public Health, Vol. 6, No. 224, 2006.
- S. Brage, N, Wedderkopp, U. Ekelund & P. W. Franks, "Features of the Metabolic Syndrome Are Associated With Objectively Measured Physical Activity and Fitness in Danish Children", The European Youth Heart Study (EYHS). Diabetes Care, Vol. 27, No. 9, pp. 2141-2148, 2004.
- D. E. Laaksonen, L. Hanna-Maaria, J. T. Salonen, L. K. Niskanen, R. Rauramaa & T. A. Lakka, "Low Levels of Leisure-Time Physical Activity and Cardiorespiratory Fitness Predict Development of the Metabolic Syndrome", Diabetes Care, Vol. 25, No. 9, pp. 1612-1618, 2002. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.25.9.1612
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Guideline of Health Promotion, 2016.
- Seoul Metropolitan City, Metabolin Syndrome counseling Guidebook. 2009.
- Seoul Metropolitan City, Metabolic Syndrome counseling Guidebook. 2016.
- K. S. Cha, D. T. Lee & Y. S. Lee "Comparison of Intervention Outcomes by Test-retest Period of Metabolic Syndrome Management Service at Community Health Center in Seoul: Case of a Center, Seoul Studies", Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 133-143, 2012.
- Executive Summary of The Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program(NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults(adult treatment panel III). JAMA, Vol. 285, No. 19, pp. 2486-2495, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.285.19.2486
- S. Y. Lee, H. S. Park, D. J. Kim, J. H. Han, S. M. Kim, G. J. Cho, D. Y. Kim, H. S. Kwon, S. R. Kim, C. B. Lee, S. J. Oh, C. Y. Park, H. J. Yoo "Appropriate waist circumference cutoff points for central obesity in Korean adults", Diabetes Res Clin Pract, Vol. 75, No. 1, pp. 72-80, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2006.04.013
- E. J. Kim, H. J. Hwang, "Effects of a Nutrition Education and Exercise Program of Overweight or Obese Female Adults on Nutritional and Health Status", Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science an Nutrition, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 78-84, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.1.078
- H. S. Lee, J. W. Lee, J. M. Kim & N. S. Jang, "The Effect of Nutrition Education and Excercise Program on Body Composition and Dietary Intakes, Blood Lipid and Physical Fitness in Obese Women (2) - Relationship between Participation Rates and Effectiveness of Obesity Management Program", Journal of Nutrition and Health, Vol. 43, No. 3, PP. 260-272, 2010.
- S. H. Kim, O. K. Yu, M. S. Byun, Y. S. Cha & T. S. Park, "Effects of Weight Management Program for Middle Aged Women with Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors", Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Obesity, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 106-115, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7570/kjo.2014.23.2.106
- J. H, Kim, Y. K. Kwan, S W. Cho, H. C. Cho & C. Y. Choi, "The Effects of a 12-week Combined Exercise on Body Composition, Blood Pressure, Resistin, and Inflammatory Markers in the Middle Aged Obese Women" Journal of the Korea Society for Wellness, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 129-141, 2013.
- K. D. Kim, Y. O. J. Song & Y. H. Back, "Effects of Belly Dancing and Nutritional Education on Body Composition and Serum Lipids Profiles of Obese Women in a Study, 'Obesity Clinic Projects at Community Healthcente", Journal of the Korean society of food science and nutrition, Vol. 40, No. 10, pp. 1417-1422, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.10.1417
- S. J. Kang, J .C. Noh, S. J. Kim, J. H. Kim, S. R. Jung, J. Y. Hong & M. J. Kim, "Effects of Obesity Index, Blood Pressure, Health Fitness, Nutrient Intake on Exercise and Nutrition Education in Hypertension Patents", The Official Journal of the Korean Academy of Kinesiology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 21-32, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15758/jkak.2012.14.1.21
- J. H. Chun, "The Effect of Participation in a Health Exercise Program on Visceral Fat and Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors in Japanese Middle Aged and Old Adults", Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 53-64, 2010.
- S. Y. Jung, H. C. Kim, H. J. Kim & R. Park, "Effects of Healing Yoga Training for Old Women on Physical Ability and Stress Levels", Journal of the Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 1-14, 2016.
- S. Y. Park, J. H Shim, "Effect of 8 Weeks of Schroth Exercise (Three-dimensional Convergence Exercise) on Pulmonary Function, Cobb's Angle, and Erector Spinae Muscle Activity in Idiopathic Scoliosis", Journal of the Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 61-68, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.061