- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of Using Convergence Horseback Riding Program on the Emotion·Behavior Development, Anxiety, Depression and ADHD in Adolescent
융복합을 활용한 승마운동 프로그램이 청소년의 정서·행동 발달, 불안, 우울 및 ADHD에 미치는 영향
- Park, Yun-Jae (Gyeonggi-do Equestrian Federation) ;
- Jang, Hong-Young (Dept. of Physical Education, Sungkyul University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Hyuck (Dept. of Beauty Health, Jungwon University)
- Received : 2016.09.21
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study was conducted of students in their youth, who were having behavioral and emotional problems, anxiety, depression, and ADHD in their school. The participants took part in equestrian sports programs(equestrian program and apparatus program) twice a week, for 60 minutes each. To make progress in the study, mainly 4 scales are used as the standards of preliminary and post inspections : emotional and behavioral development scale, anxiety scale, depression scale, and ADHD scale. After conducting two-way ANOVA analysis, the conclusion was made as follows. The equestrian sports and horse riding exercise program which were used in this study did had an positive effect on emotional and behavioral scale, depression scale, anxiety scale, and ADHD scale. Moreover, it is determined that the equestrian sports had more positive effects than the equestrian sports which used apparatus. However, to precisely compare and contrast the effects of equestrian sports programs and apparatus programs, the follow-up studies need to limit the control group.
- S. O. Shin, J. Park, "Converged Association Between Suicidal ideation and Neighborhood Environment Among Some Adolescents," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 271-277, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.271
- C. H. Lee, M. J. Yang, H. W. Lee, E. K. Lee, "Factors related to youth mental health," Seoul: Korea Youth Counseling Institute, 2005.
- Kyunghyang Shinmun, http://newslibrary.naver.com/viewer/index.nhn?articleId=1991070900329122001&edtNo=15&printCount=1&publishDate=1991-07-09&officeId=00032&pageNo=22&printNo=14105&publishType=00010.
- Kane, R., Thomson, T., Roberts, Clare., Bishop, Brian, "The prevention of depressive symptoms in rural school children: A randomized controlled trial," Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol.71, No. 3. pp. 622-628, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.71.3.622
- E. J. Choi, "Policy Development for Adolescent Mental Health Promotion," Health and welfare policy forum, Vol. 188, pp. 78-86, 2012.
- I. J. Choi, S. H. Mo, S. H. Lee, H. I. Kim, J. Y. Lee, "A study on mental health improvement policy for children and adolescents II: General report," Korea Institute for Youth Development, pp. 1-293, 2012.
- H. T. Won, S. M. Kwon, "Abnormal psychology General Studies," Seoul: Hakjisa, 2000.
- Kang-Oh Seo, "The Effects of Animal Assisted Therapy Program Using Therapy Dog for the Hyperactivity of Children with ADHD," master's thesis, Graduate School of Wonkwang University, 2012.
- In Kim, "The Effect of Equestrian on Elementary students' Emotional Intelligence," master's thesis, Graduate School of Kongju National University, 2010.
- Chi-Youn Song, "The Effects of Horse Riding Therapy Program on Depression and Sociality of Exceptional Children," master's thesis, Graduate School of Kwangwoon University, 2008.
- K. O. Kim, Y. H. Jeon, Y. S. Kim, "The Effects of Mental Health on Obesity among Korean Adolescents," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 467-476, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.467
- I. S. Lee, O. D. Kang, "The Effects on Social Adaptability of Therapeutic Riding in Children with Intellectual Disabilities," Journal of Special Education & Rehabilitation Science, Vol. 53, No.1, pp. 223-234, 2014.
- Ho-Kyun Kim, "Effects of Therapeutic Horse Riding on change of Body Composition, Energy Substrates and Metabolism Hormones in Intellectually Disabled Youth," doctoral dissertation, Graduate School of Wonkwang University, 2014.
- M. S. Song, T. W. Kang, S. M. Kim, H. J. Noh, "Effects of Mechanical Horseback Riding Training on Trunk Control and Balance function in Stroke patients," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 487-494, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.487
- J. Y. You, K. M. Kim, "The effect of Physical Activities on the mental health in Korean Middle School Adolescents : Based on the Web-based Survey on Adolescents Health Behavior from 2013," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 395-405, 2014.
- H. G. Cho, "Adolescent Horse Riding Exercise Effect Measurement and Optimal Program Design Research," Korea Racing Authority Publications, 2010.
- Jong-Gu Lee, "The Effects of the Therapeutic Horse Riding Programs on Balance, Psychology, Brain Activation of the Children with ADHD," doctoral dissertation, Graduate School of Yongin University, 2014.
- H. E. Lee, J. A. Choi, "The Impact of Parenting on Adolescents' Status Offenses and Violence Offences: Multi-group Analysis using Korea Youth Panel Survey(KYPS)," Korean journal of youth studies, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 197-221, 2008.
- H. C. Choi, Y. H. Song, H. J. Choi, "Abnormal child psychology," Seoul: Sigmapress, 2001.
- G. B. Lee, I. H. Park, S. R. Jin, "The Effect of Participating in After-school Sports Activity Program on Mental Health and Problem Behavior," Korean Society For The Study Of Physical Education, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 99-111, 2014.
- S. H. Park, K. S. Han, C. B. Kang, E. S. Park, "Effects of an Exercise Program on Depression Symptom, Self-esteem and Stress in Adolescents: A Systematic Review," Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 22-33, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2013.22.1.22
- J. H. Kim, C. W. Jung, "Relation Between Mental Health and Academic Achievement of Korean Teenagers in Accordance with Physical Education and Physical Activity," Korean Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 553-570, 2012.
- Kyung-hee Lee, "The effectiveness of a voluntary early morning exercises to alternative school students emotional and behavioural development," master's thesis, Graduate School of Chosun University, 2015.
- Y. J. Hong, B. H. Lee, H. Y. Baek, Y. M. Kim, "The effect of rhythmical activity on emotional behavior improvement of developmental disabled children," The Korean Journal of Physical Education, The 2000 Seoul International Sport Science Congress, 1638-1646, 2000.
- J. S. Heo, J. K. No, "Effects of Yoga Exercise on Emotional Behaviors of Preschool Children with Developmental Disability," Korean Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 211-224, 2010.
- Yu-Jin Jeong, "The Moderating Effects of the Anger Expression Type on the Relationships between Adolescent's Depression and Somatization," master's thesis, Graduate School of Sookmyung Women's University, 2013.
- Eun-Wan Cho, "Influence of Horse Riding on ADHD Symptoms, Depression and Self-Concept of Students with EmotionalandBehavioralDisorders," doctoral dissertation, Graduate School of YongIn University, 2014.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, "2012 Student Emotional and Behavioral Characteristics Screening Manual," Seoul: Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 2012.
- C. H. Jang, "The Effect of Horse Riding Machine Exercise on Attention and Balance in Children with ADHD," The official journal of the korean association of certified exercise professionals, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 63-70, 2012.
- Jong-Gu Lee, "The Effects of the Therapeutic Horse Riding Programs on Balance, Psychology, Brain Activation of the Children with ADHD," doctoral dissertation, Graduate School of Yong-in University, 2014.