- Volume 7 Issue 6
The purpose of this study is to identify the factors influencing on the burden on the family caregivers of patient with more than second degree burn. The participants of this study were 120 family caregivers sampled for convenience from 4 Burn hospitals in D, S, B, P cities in South Korea. Data analysis was performed by t-test, ANOVA, Scheffe' test, Multiple linear regression. According to the result, the burden of assess & mean of care and the future of the patient was the highest score for family caregivers. Factors that affect the burden of family caregiver with burn patients were marital status, time, care, skin transplants, body surface area (%) and these factors explained 25.9%. This study concludes that intervention program is developed to reduce physical and emotional burden and nursing care services is required to adjust the amount time to care for the family caregivers with burn patients for a long time.
Convergence;Burn;Burn Patient;Burden;Family with Burn Patient;Caregiver
- W. H. Oh, H. S. Yoon1, S. Choi1, H. D. Kim, S. Y. Park, H. J. Jang, H. S. Kim, "A Study on the Quality of Life of Burn Patients-Focused on the Need of Medical Social Work Service", Journal of Korean Burn Society, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 99-110, 2003.
- W. J. Lee, N. S. Pae, H. K. Lee, D. K. Rah, "Incidence and Expanse of Burn Management in Korea" Journal of Korean Burn Society, Vol. 6 No. 2, pp. 111-117, 2003.
- Korean Statistical Information Service, "2010년 Health Insurance Statistics Yearbook" September 29 2010, from http://www.nhis.or.kr/bbs7/boards/B0075/5949
- H. M. Park, Y. M. Yoon, Influncing Predictors of Quality of Life in Burn Patients, Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 100-108, 2005.
- R. H. Park, B. C. Lee, H. J. Lim, Y. S. Cho, D. H. Kim, J. Hur, W. Chun, J. H. Kim, C. H. Seo, B. K. Yeon, C. H. Han, S. G. Ryu, "Pathways Analysis for Depression in Hospitalized Acute Burn Patients" Journal of Korean Burn Society, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 40-44, 2010.
- H. S. Kim, H. M. Jang, D. Y. Chea, C. H. Woo, S. H. Moon, H. S. Kim, K. M. Kim, "Characteristics of Chronic Sensory Abnormalities in Korean Burn Patients", The Korean Journal of Pain , Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 158-162, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3344/kjp.2007.20.2.158
- S. Y. Park, W. H. Oh, H. J. Jang, J. W. Lim, J. H. Jo, "A Study on the Family Caregiver's Burden of Burn Patients". Journal of Korean Burn Society, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 91-108, 2001.
- N. Kilburn, B. Dheansa, "Socioeconomic impact of Children's Burns-A Pilot Study. Burns, Vo. 40, No. 8, pp. 1615-1623, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2014.03.006
- J. W. Lee, S. Y. Lim, "Burden and Needs of the Family Members of the Intensive Care Unit Patients", Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 421-429, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.02.421
- S. M. Heo, H. K. Chong, "Convergence Study on Caregiving Burden of Families with Patients Suffering from Lou Gehrig's Disease", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.8, pp.559-567, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.559
- Y. J. Lee, H. W. Kang, "Nursing Needs and Burden of Family Caregivers of Mikkle-Aged Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients", Asian Oncological Nursing, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 227-235, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5388/aon.2014.14.4.227
- U. Mirastschijski, J-T Sander, B. Weyand, H-O Rennekampff, "Rehabilitation of Burn Patients: An Underestimated Socio-economic Burden", Burns, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 262-268, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2012.06.009
- H. W. Kim, "Dependence of Elderly Peritoneal Dialysis Patients and Burden on Family Caregivers", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No.9, pp. 429-434, 2012.
- J. A. Fauerbach, D. Lezotte, R. A. Hills, G. F. Cromes, K. Kowalske, B. J. de Lateur, C. W. Goodwin, P. Blakeney, D. N. Herndon, S. A. Wiechman, L. H. Engrav, D. R. Patterson, "Burden of Burn: A Norm-Based Inquiry into the Influence of Burn Size and Distress on Recovery of Physical and Psychosocial Function", Journal of Burn Care & Rehabilitation, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 21-32, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.BCR.0000150216.87940.AC
- M. R. Lee, "A Study on the Family Caregiver's Burden of Burn Patients", Kyung Hee University, Master's dissertation, 2006.
- U. S. Roh, M. S. Lee, "Caregiver Vurden, Provider Support and Educational Needs in Caregivers of Burn Patients", Journal of Korean Burn Society, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 95-99, 2007.
- S. R. Mashrekya, A. Rahmana, S. M. Chowdhurya, S. Giashuddina, L. Svanströmb, T. F. Khand, R. Coxc, F. Rahmana, "Burn Injury: Economic and Social Impact on A Family", Public Health, Vol. 122, No. 12, pp. 1418-1424, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2008.06.007
- M. A. Landolt, S. Grubenmann, M. Meuli, Family Impact Greatest: Predictors of Quality of Llife and Psychological Adjustment in Pediatric Burn Survivors. Journal of Trauma, Vol. 53, No. 6, pp. 1146-1151, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005373-200212000-00019
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. Buchner, A. Lang, "Statistical Power Analyses Using G*Power 3.1: Tests for Correlation and Regression Analyses", Behavioral Research Methods, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 1149-1160, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149
- S. H. Zarit, K. E. Reever, J. Bach-Peterson, "Relatives of the Impaired Elderly: Correlates of Feelings of Burden", The Gerontologist, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 649-655, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/20.6.649
- M. H. Suh, K. S. Oh, A Study of Well-beng in Caregivers Caring for Chronically Family Members. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 467-486, 1993.
- G. S. Oh, S. M. Choi, N. Y. Jun, "The reliability and validity of family burden questionaire", Journal of Korean Academy Pediatric Nursing, Vol. 8, No.3, pp. 272-280, 2002.
- Y. Kim, E. Y. Choi, "An Analysis of Family Function and Burden of Family Caregivers of the Patient with Brain Injury", The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 61-68, 2012.
- H. S. Lee, M. A. You, S. K. Lee, Y. J. Son, "Factors influencing on Burden of Family Members of Intensive Care Patients: Planned Transfer to General Ward after Intensive Care", Journal of The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 211-223, 2014.
- S. M. Yang, "The Relations of the Long-term Care Insurance Awareness and The Aged Parent-supporting", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp.45-54, 2011.
- M. K. Kim, D. H. Park, O. H Ahn, "The Care Giving Burden of Primary Caregiver based on Nursing Needs of Long-term Care lnsurance Grade", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 7-16, 2014.
- C. O. Jang, "A study of Family Function and Convergent Adaptation Hearing Protection Factor", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 119-125, 2015.
- S. Y. Kim, "Safety Awareness and Safety Practice Behavior of College Students", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 279-289, 2015.
- M. H. Lee, C. H. Kim, "Effect of Leadership WalkRounds Convergence to Establish a Patient Safety Culture", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 185-195, 2015.
- J. Y. Oh, J. W. An, K. W. Oh, S. I. Oh, J. A. Kim, S. J. Kim, J. S. Lee, "Depression and Caregiving Burden in Families of Patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis". Journal of Korean Academy, Nursing, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 202-210, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.2.202