- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of Using Convergence Circuit Weight Training on the Blood Lipids and Oxygen-carrying Factors in Middle-aged Women
융복합을 활용한 서킷 웨이트 트레이닝이 중년여성의 혈중지질 및 산소운반기능에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.09.02
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study is planned to investigate the change in blood limpid and oxygen-carrying factors of middle-aged women through 12 weeks of circuit weight training. The participants worked out three times a week for 50 minutes each, with 50-80% of 1RM intensity. As such, the purpose of the study and the procedure brought about the following conclusions. First, the query results of blood limpid showed that the total amount of cholesterol, triglycerides in the blood, and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol decreased significantly, and the amount of high density lipoprotein cholesterol did not show an increase. Second, the results of oxygen-carrying factors showed that the number of oxygen-carrying red blood cells, hemoglobin, and hematocrit showed an increase. Therefore, this circuit weight training program which used weights of the geological landscape is considered as an effective way to exercise, since it had a positive impact on the oxygen-carrying capacity and cardiovascular disease prevention
Circuit Weight Training;Blood Lipids;Oxygen-carrying Factors;Middle-aged women;Convergence
- Korean National Statistical Office, 2015.
- Bo-Gyong Chil, "Effect of Soru Massage Therapy on Lower-leg Pain, fatigue and Depression among the Middle-aged Women," Graduate School master's degree thesis, Chosun University, 2016.
- Hyea-Kyung Lee, Eun-Hee Shin, Yeon-Kyung Kim, "Converged Influencing Factors on the Stages of Change of Exercise in Middle Aged Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 187-197, 2015.
- S. J. Yun, S. H. Pack, M. H. Shin, D. S. Kim, H. R. Jung, "The effect of sports-massage on cardiovascular function, blood sugarand body composition for obese middle-aged women," Asian Journal of Beauty and Cosmetology, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 47-56, 2009.
- Hwa-Sun Kim, "The Effect of Pilates Exercise on Body Composition, Alignment and Balance of Middle-Aged Female Group," Graduate School master's degree thesis, Myongji University, 2012.
- Brown, A. J., Budge, S., Kaloriti, D., Tillmann, A., Jacobsen, M. D., Yin, Z., Ene, I. V., Bohovych, I., Sandai, D., Kastora, S., Potrykus, J., Ballou, E. R., Childers,, D. S., Shahana, S., & Leach, M. D, "Stress adaptation in a pathogenic fungus," The Journal of Experimental Biology, Vol. 217, No. 1, pp. 144-155, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1242/jeb.088930
- J. Y. Song, G. C. Lee, "Why the Depression is Prevalent in Women?," The Journal of Kyung Hee University Medical Center, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 170-181, 2002.
- Hjelmeland, A. B., Wu, Q., Heddleston, J. M., Choudhary, G. S., Macswords, J., Lathi1, J. D., Mclendon, R., Lindner, D., Sloan, A., & Rich, J. N, "Acidic stress promotes a glioma stem cell phenotype," Cell Death and Differentiation, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 829-840, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1038/cdd.2010.150
- J. Y. Kim, Y. J. Sim, "Effect of dance sports on physical self-efficacy in post-menopausal depression obese women," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 423-429, 2015.
- O. S. Kim, "Cognitive behavioral therapy(Y. J. Sakano, Trans)," Seoul; Hana Medical Publishers, 2005.
- Chovatiya, R. & Medzhitov, R, "Stress, inflammation, and defense of homeostasis," Molecular Cell, Vol. 54, No. 2, pp. 281-288, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcel.2014.03.030
- Y. M. Lee, H. S. Park, "A Study on the Stage of Change in Exercise Behaviors, Exercise Self Efficacy, Depression and Stress in Middle Aged Women," Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 218-225, 2004.
- T. H. Lim, Y. S. Lee, "Effect of College Students' Physical Activity on Stress and Happiness : Focused on the Mediating Effect of Positive Psychological Capital," The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 155-166, 2014.
- Gettman, L. R., Ward, P & Hagan, R. D, "A Comparison of Combined Running and Weight Training with Circuit Weight Training," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Vol. 14, pp. 229-234, 1982.
- Tae-Gwan Yong, "The effect of Circuit Weight Training on Health-related Physical Fitness, Balance and Changes in Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors in Obese Middle-aged Women," Graduate School of Education, dissertation, Chosun University, 2015.
- Davison, R. C. R. Grant, S., Mutrie, N., Nash, A., Kelly, M. P. P, "Walk for health?," Journal of sports science, Vol. 10, pp. 556, 1991.
- Wilmore J H, Parr RB, Girandola R N, Ward P, Vodak P A, Barstow T J, Pipes TV, Romero G T, Leslie P, "Physiological alterations consequent to circuit weight training," Med Sci Sports, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 79-84, 1978.
- Harris, K. A. & Holly, R. G, "Physiological response to circuit weight training in borderline hypertensive subjects," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Vol. 19, pp. 246-252, 1987.
- Ussher, M., West, R. McEwen, A., Taylor, A., & Steptoe, A, "Efficacy of exercise counselling as an aid for smoking cessation: a randomized controlled trial," Society for the study of addiction to alcohol and other drugs addiction, Vol. 98, No. 4, pp. 523-532, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1360-0443.2003.00346.x
- Ohta, T., Kawamura, T., Hatano, K., Yokoi, M., Uozumi., Okamoto, N., & Mizuno, Y, "Effects of exercise on coronary risk factors in obese, middle-aged subject," Japanese Circulation Journal, Vol. 54, No. 11, pp. 1459-1464, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1253/jcj.54.11_1459
- Wilmore, J. H., & Costill, D. L, "Training for sport and activity(3rd ed)," W M. C. Brown Publishers, Debuque, LA, 1994.
- Romijn, J. A., Coly, E. F., Sidossis, L. S., Gastaldelli, A., Horowitz, E. E., & Wolfe, R. R, "Regulation of endogenous fat and carbohydrate metabolism in relation to exercise intensity and duration," The American Physiological Society, Vol. 265, No. 3, pp. E380-391, 1993.
- S. I. Lee, "The effects of Circuit weight training on Plasma Lipid, Blood pressure and Muscular strength," The Research Institute of Sports Science, No. 9, pp. 129-143, 1996.
- C. I. Lee, "Effect of Circuit Weight Training on Body Composition, Blood Pressure and Plasma Lipids," Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 1337-1346, 2002.
- Kuramoto, A. K., & Payne, V. G, "Predicting muscular strength in women: a preliminary study," Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, Vol. 66, No. 2, pp. 168-172, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1080/02701367.1995.10762224
- Boardley, D., Fahlman, M., Topp, R, Morgan, A, L., & McNevin, N, "The impact of exercise training on blood lipids in older adults," American Journal of Geriatric Cardiology, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 30-35, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1076-7460.2007.05353.x
- Kosmidou, k. V., Douda, H. T., Volaklis, K. A., & Tokmakidis S. P, "The effect of a 3-year combined exercise program on body composition and lipid profile in elderly women," Archives of Hellenic Medicine/ Arheia Ellenikes Iatrikes, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 191-199, 2014.
- Avramson, J. L., Vaccarino, V, "Relationship between physical activity and inflammation among apparently healthy middle-aged and older US adults," Arch. Inter. Med, Vol. 162, No. 11, pp. 1286-1292, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.162.11.1286
- Yun-Hee Choi, "Effects of circuit weight training on body composition and blood lipids," Graduate School master's degree thesis, Wonkwang University, 2011.
- Kyoung-Shil Baek, "Effects Exercise Frequency of Circuit Exercise Weight Training on Body Composition & Blood's Natural Deposition in Middle Aged Women," Graduate School master's degree thesis, Dong-A university, 2003.
- K. S. Shin, Y. J. Kim, M. S. Kim, D. K. Seo, S. O. Oh, J. B. Kim, "Effect of Circuit Training on Estrogen Hormone, Serum Lipids in Obese Middle-aged Women," The Korean Society Fishries And Sciences Education, Vol. 26, No.6, pp. 1417-1424, 2014.
- Margolis, L., & Pasiakos, S, M, "Optimizing intramuscular adaptations to aerobic exercise: effects of carbohydrate restriction and protein supplementation on mitochondrial biogenesis," Advances in nutrition, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 657-664, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3945/an.113.004572
- Abd EL-KADER, S. M, "Aerobic versus resistance exercise training in modulation of insulin resistance, adipocytokines and inflammatory cytokine levels in obese type 2 diabetic patients," Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 179-183, 2001.
- Dal-Sik Lim, "Effects of Maximal Exercise on Anaerobic Threshold, Blood Components and Hematological Change of RBC in Basketball Player," Graduate School of Education, dissertation, Chosun University, 2009.
- H. Y. Park, W. S. Sub, S. S. Nam, "The effect of fixed and mixed intermittent hypoxic training under normobaric hypoxic environments during 4weeks on oxygen delivering capacity of the blood, energy metabolism, and skeletal muscle oxygenation," Korean Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 1191-1203, 2016.
- H. Y. Jung, "Effects of Short-Term High Intensity Plyometric Training on Muscle Injury Marker and Blood Oxygen-Carrying Capacity in High School Volleyball Players" Korean Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 1151-1161, 2012.
- Y. W. Jang, J. K. Ko, "Change of Different Intensities of Rope-Skipping Exercise on %fat, Oxygen Transfer System and Serum Lipids in Obese students," The Korean Journal of the Elementary Physical Education, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 171-182, 2004.
- J. O. Yang, J. H. Choi, "A Study on the Cardiopulmonary Function and Blood Component Changes followed Training Method of Distance Runners," Korean journal of physical education, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 835-844, 2001.
- Pyne, D. B., M. S. Baker, P. A. Fricker, W.A. McDonald, R. D. Telford, and M. J. Weidemann, "Effects of an intensive 12 week training program by elite swimmers on neutrophil oxidative activity," Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. Vol. 27, pp. 536-542, 1995.
- Smith, J. A., R. D. Telford, I. B., Mason, and M. J. Weidemann, "Exercise, training and neutrophil microbicidal activity," Int. J. Sports Med. Vol. 11, pp. 179-187, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-1024788
- Burge, C. M, "Hemoglobin in exercise adaptation," Exerc Sport Sci Rev, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 41, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1097/JES.0b013e3181d49739