- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Linkage Model of Community Elderly Protection System: Focusing on Long-Term Care Insurance for the Elderly
지역사회 노인보호체계의 연계모형에 관한 연구: 노인장기요양보험을 중심으로
- Received : 2016.10.30
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
The purpose of this study is to explore the feasibility of establishing the elderly protection system for the elderly in the local community, and to explore the linkage model and action strategy. In Korea, there is a need to build a comprehensive elderly care system so that elderly people can have appropriate counseling and support programs in the community, as the elderly increase their diverse needs (leisure, housing, employment). In this study, we set up a linkage model of elderly care system and suggested two ways to practice it. First, it is suggested that it is desirable to focus on the formation of the elderly protection system in the community, and divide the practice process into three stages: organization, practice, and organization. Second, it is necessary to apply the long-term care professional manpower which can play a central role such as care manager and nursing care provider in order to apply the community organizing model of the elderly protection system and stable operation of long-term care insurance for the elderly. In addition, a social welfare council and a private network should be established to form a social welfare council, the establishment of related legal provisions, and the education of care managers. Therefore, it is necessary to establish basic data through this study, to establish diverse strategies and plans for the elderly protection system, and to promote it in a phased manner.
Elderly Welfare Policy;Elderly Care System;Linkage Model;Long-Term Care Insurance for the Elderly;Community;Convergence
- Kim, Geunghong.Lim, Byung-Woo, "Development of Community Care for Elderly People in the UK", "Korean Gerontology", Vol. 21, No, 3. pp., 169-182, 2002.
- Kim, Mi-hye, "A Fundamental Study for Long-term Care Policy Development for the Elderly", "Social Welfare in Korea," 28, 57-100, 2006.
- Kim, Mi Sook, "A Policy Recommendation Based on the Analysis of the Care Manager Operating System of the Pilot Project for Elderly Care Insurance System", Vol. 25, pp. 25, 181-202, 2006.
- Kim, Soo - Young, "An Analysis of the Support System for the Elderly Caregivers of the Elderly," Korean Society for Social Welfare Conference, pp. 379-405, 2005.
- Kim, Young-Sook, Lim, Hyo-Yeon, and Jung-in, "A care manager system centering on the elderly care system and community", A Study on the Welfare of the Elderly, Vol. 31, pp. 49-72, 2006.
- Kim, Young Sook et al., "Care Management", Seoul: Sahmyook University Press, 2005.
- Kim, Yong-Deuk, "The Implications of User Participation Mechanism in UK Community Care and the Welfare Services for Disabled People in Korea," International Social Security Trend, Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 363-387, 2005.
- Kim, Chan-Woo, "A Comparative Study on the Integrated Long-term Care System in OECD Countries", Social Welfare Studies, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 8 (2): 65-103, 2006.
- Kim, Chan - Woo, "Establishment of an integrated social service system for the elderly health and welfare sector: the future direction of the elderly care and long - term care services", 2008 Korean Society of Social Welfare Conference Fall Conference, 17-63, 2008.
- Sungjae Eun, "Assurance of Elderly Care and Service Delivery System", "Proceedings of the Korean Society for Social Welfare," Korean Society for Social Welfare, pp. 143-151, 2006.
- Eum Ki-wook, "Delivery System of Health and Welfare Services for Elderly People in Japan," "Korean Care Welfare Studies," pp. 2-12, 2007.
- Lee Sunyoung, "A Study on the Welfare Support System for the Elderly in Gyeonggi Province", "Theology and Faith", Vol. 16: 73-113, 2005.
- Lim, Byeong - Woo, "The elderly welfare policy of the elderly in the UK", "The welfare of the elderly", Vol. 25, pp. 25, 7-28, 2004.
- Woo Kuk-hee, "Participation of Private Commercial Sector for Expanding Supply of Care Services for the Elderly in the UK and Implications for Korea", Research on the Elderly Welfare, Vol. 32, pp. 223-245, 2006.
- Hye-Kyung Oh, "The Creation, Transition and Evaluation of Community Service in the UK", "Mental Health and Social Work", Vol .3. 3, 99-121, 2006.
- Sookmyung, "A Study on Long-term Care Policy for the Elderly in England", Care Welfare in Korea, Vol. 8, 07-231, 2007.
- Chae, Jung- Bong, Seung - Eun, Yang, Jin - Un, "A Study on the Financial and Service Management Operating System Model for Elderly Care Insurance: Experiment of Community - based Care Manager", "Social Welfare Policy", 27, 1152048, 2006.
- National Statistical Office, Statistics for the Elderly, National Statistical Office. 2009,
- Han Kyung-hye, "Community Protection Support Program for the Rural Elderly in the United States," Journal of the Korean Society for Community Life, 13 (2), 77-86, 2002.
- Challis. D & Davies, B., "Case Management in Community Care", HMSO, 1986.
- Challis, D., et al, "Care Management in Social and Primary Health Care: The Gateshead Community Care Scheme" PEERU. Community Legal Advice, 2002. http://www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk. Counsel+Care for Older People, their Families and Carers, http://www.counselamdcare.org.uk.
- Department of Health(DH), "Health Profile of England 2007", London: DH, 2007.
- Evashwick, C. J., "The Continuum of Long Term Care: An Integrated Systems Approach", GERONTOLOGIST, Vol. 37, pp. 274-274, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/37.2.274
- Malley, J., "Paying for Long-Term Care for Older People in the UK: Modelling the Costs and Distributional Effects of a Range of Options", 2006. PSSRU discussion paper 2336/1, http://www.PSSRU.ac.uk.
- Hooyaman, N. R., & Kiyak, H. A., "Social gerontology; A multidisciplinary perspective(3rd ed.)", Needham Heights: MA: Allya&Bacon, 1993.
- HMSO, "Key figures for 2001 Census: Census Area Statistics", 2001. http://www.neighbourhoodStatistics,gov.uk.
- London Borough of Bromley, "Adult and Community Services: Arranging Help at Home", 2008. Information pack is available from Bromley Council Adult and Community Services Offices or http://www.csci.org.uk.
- Pickard, L., Wittenberg, R., Comas-Herrera, A., Davies, B. & Darton, R., "Relying on informal care in the new century? Informal care for elderly people in England to 2031", Aging and Society, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. , 745-722, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0144686X01007978
- The Informal Cantre, "Community Care Statistics 2007 Home Care Services for Adults, England, 2007. http://www.ic.nhs.uk.
- Wanless, D., "Serving Good Care for Older People: Taking a Long-Term View" London: King's Fund, 2006.
- London Borough of Bromley website, http://www.bromley.gov.uk.