- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Firm's Market Value Trends after Information Security Management System(ISMS) Certification acquisition
정보보호 관리체계 인증 취득 후 기업가치의 변화에 관한 연구
- Jo, Jung-Gi (Department of Information Security Management, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Choi, Sang-Hyun (Department of Management Information Systems, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2016.10.25
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study analyzed quantitative effects of ISMS certification. To measure the company value change the stock data was used and the methodology of event study was also applied. Event study methodology is a method of analyzing the effects of information or public announcement about certain events on the stock market through abnormal return of stock price. First, ISMS certification was acquired followed by the measurement of abnormal excess return of company. Based on the increase or decrease of abnormal excess return, the group was classified. There are 3 types of groups("Increase", "Reduce", "Maintain"). Next, the cluster analysis was performed for each group. Cluster analysis or clustering is the task of grouping a set of objects in such a way that objects in the same group (called a cluster) are more similar (in some sense or another) to each other than to those in other groups(clusters). The purpose of this study is to have a quantitative measurement of performance of ISMS certification. So, the result of this study will be promoted a company's ISMS certification acquisition. And it would further be beneficial to your company's information security activities.
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터
- H. D. Goh, Y. B. Chung, "The Effect of ISO 9001 : 2000 Quality Management System's Requirement on Business Performance", Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 135-149, 2007.
- KISA, "Guide of Information Security Management System (ISMS) Certification", 2013.
- S. S. Jang, "Estimating The Economic Value of Information Security Management System (ISMS) Certification by CVM, The Korea Academia- Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp. 5783-5789, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5783
- Y. S. Bae, "A study of Effect of Information Security Management System [ISMS] Certification on Organization Performance", The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 4224-4233, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4224
- I. K. Kim, J. M. Park, J. Y. Jeon, "An Study on the Effects of ISMS Certification and the Performance of Small and Medium Enterprises", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 47-60, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.1.047
- S. S. Jang, S. C. Kim, "An Empirical Study on the Effects of Business Performance by Information Security Management System(ISMS)", Convergence security journal, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 107-114, 2015.
- J. Y. Lee, T. H. Oh, "The Study on the Effect of Public Certification System on Logistics Company's Stock Price", Korean Journal of Logistics, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 93-106, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15735/kls.2012.20.2.007
- E. F. Fama, L. Fisher, M. C. Jensen, R. Roll, "The adjustment of stock prices to new information", International economic review, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 1-21, 1969. https://doi.org/10.2307/2525569
- S. J. Brown, J. B. Warner, "Using daily stock returns: The case of event studies", Journal of financial economics, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 3-31, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-405X(85)90042-X
- C. U. Kim, K. W. Kim, "Measuring Security Price Performance in Event Studies", Journal of Financial Studies, Vol. 20, pp. 301-327, 1997.
- C. K. Kim, "An Empirical Study on the Effect of Treasury Stock Management on Korean Stock Market", Asian Review of Financial Research, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 169-195, 1997.
- H. C. Jung, "Case Study Research Design - Method Fuitable for Korean stock market", Korean journal of financial management, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 273-312, 1997.
- H. B. Noh, Y. J. Seo, "A Study on Impact of Strategic Alliance on Firm Valuation", International Business Journal, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 59-84, 2001.
- S. J. Kim, Y. G. Lee,, W. S. Seul, "An Empirical Analysis of the Effects on Shareholder Wealth: The Cancellation of Shares vs. Stock Repurchase Plan", Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 107-133, 2005.
- G. Celeux, G. Govaert, "A classification EM algorithm for clustering and two stochastic versions", Computational statistics & Data analysis, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 315-332, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-9473(92)90042-E
- M. Verma, M. Srivastava, N. Chack, A. K. Diswar, N. Gupta, "A comparative study of various clustering algorithms in data mining", International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 1379-1384, 2012.