- Volume 7 Issue 6
Korea faces new social needs of community-based service for senior citizen as aging is getting fasten. Targeting elderly people who are beneficiaries of long-term care insurance and caring service, this paper aims to explore decent and proper services for senior citizens in terms of rehabilitation, health improvement and quality of life. Especially this research approaches from the perspective of service providers, including service facilities and care-service givers. Using FGI methods with care-providers and in-depth interviews with community social workers as well as nurses, convergence approaches are explored. As a result, welfare field and nursing practices are clearly divided in the community, so that the convergence education and team work tool would be developed in the near future.
Convergence Service;Community Service;Long-term Care;Care Service;Service Quality Management
- KOSTAT, KOSIS Ageing Index, 2013.
- H. J. Lee, H. G. Kang & Y. K. Lee, Development of Community Social Service Mode, KIHASA, 2000.
- Y. K. Lee & S. J. Kim, "A study on the Systematization of Service Quality Management System of Long-term Care", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 66-93, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2012.32.4.66
- J. W. Lee & J. H. Seo, "Long-term insurance's issues and improvement", Gerontology, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 149-175, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1159/000213108
- J. Y. Park, "Convergence Factors among their Physical State, Function and Activities Influencing on the Cognition of Elderly Residents in a Community", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 153-162, 2015.
- H. S. Kim & Y. I. Chung, "General elderly evaluation system, using RAI-FC and RAI-HC", Elderly Nursing Journal, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 58-68, 2012.
- C. J. Kim, "Development of Visiting Nursing Service Evaluation Tool", Gerontology, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 377-394, 2008.
- M. S. Hah & J. S. Lee, "A Study on the Influential Factors of the Effectiveness of Welfare Service Delivery System for Elders", Korean Policy Science Journal, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 53-81, 2011.
- J. K. Kim, D. H. Park & O. H. Ahn, "The Care Giving Burden of Primary Caregiver based on Nursing Needs of Long-term Care Insurance Grade", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 7-16, 2014.
- T. H. Lee & J. I. Chung, "Structural Factors which Influence Quality Control in Elderly Care Institution", Nursing Administration Journal, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 162-171, 2010. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.2.162
- E. H, Choi, "Service Quality System in Long-term Care Insurance", Gerontology, Vol. 30, No, 2, pp. 401-419, 2010.
- J. E. Seok, "Development of Long-term Insurance from Supplier's Perspective", Health & Welfare Forum, pp. 34-44, 2010.
- W. G. Song, Main Characteristics of Issue-Solving R&D Business, STEPI insight, 2012.
- H. T. Lim, J. E. Sung, "Social impact of R&D Business", Trend and Issue, No. 3, KAIST, 2013.
- M. J. Lee, "Issues of Long-term Care Service's Quality Measurement", Social Welfare Policy, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 141-165, 2011. https://doi.org/10.15855/swp.2011.38.1.141
- N. J. Yang & I. H. Choi, "Community-based Services in Long-term Care Insurance", Social Welfare Research, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 31-56, 2013.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea