- Volume 7 Issue 6
This study relates to the development of a program for calculating the roofed pechan prism design data. First, we set the roofed pechan prism design variables and derive the relational expressions between them. With this expressions, we could develope the program that outputs the numerical data for roofed pechan prism design when the face-length and the effective incident beam diameter are given. In fact, applying this program to the prism which is not the commercial size, we were able to calculate the design data very quickly, so that we can easily acquire the 3D structure of the actual roofed pechan prism. This means that we can quickly ensure the structural data of roofed pechan prism which is required for the product development and we are able to develop the new products related to the scope at a faster speed.
Scope;Erecting prism;Roofed Pechan prism;Face-length;Optical pass length
- D. H. Lee, "Development on a Roofed Pechan Prism Type Scope with 70mm Eye Relief", J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt. Soc., Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 247-255, 2010.
- S. H. Park, D. H. Lee, "Development on a Relay Lens Type Scope with 70mm Eye Relief", J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt. Soc., Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 29-35, 2009.
- D. H. Lee, S. H. Park, "Development of Scope with Abbe-Konig Prism", J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt. Soc., Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 509-517, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2013.18.4.509
- D. H. Lee, S. H. Park, "Development of 3X Scope with Objective Configured with Doublet+Meniscus Lens", J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt. Soc., Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 487-492, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.4.487
- Daniel Malacara, Geometrical and Instrumental Optics. NY: Academic Press, pp. 64-67, 1988.
- Warren J. Smith, Modern Optical Engineering 4th Ed. NY: McGraw-HILL, pp. 136-155, 2008.
- Warren J. Smith, Modern Lens Design. NY: McGraw-HILL, pp. 63-86, 1992.
- Moriyasu Kanai, "Image search device," USP 20020057496 A1, 2001.
- J. W. Cha, D. H. Lee, "Development of scope for Military Rangefinder Using Schnidt Prism and Biprism Theory of Optpmetric Instrument", J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt. Soc., Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 167-175, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2015.20.2.167
- Kingslake R., Optical System Design. NY: Academic Press, pp. 161-169, 1983.
- Wolfe W. L., Nondispersive Prisms in Handbook of Optics Vol. 2. NY: McGraw-HILL, Chap. 5, 1995.
- Daniel Malacara, Zacarias Malacara, Handbook of Optical Design 2nd Ed. NY: Marcel Dekker Inc., pp. 248-257, 2004.
- Bruce H. Walker, Optical Engineering Fundamentals. NY: McGraw-HILL, pp. 169-179, 1995.