- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Way of Training English Teacher's of Verbally Talented Children for convergence-based Education in the Digital Age
디지털 시대의 융·복합 교육을 위한 영어영재 교사교육 방안
- Park, Jinkyu (Liberal Arts, Seowon University)
- 박진규 (서원대학교 교양학부)
- Received : 2016.10.19
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study tries to address several problems embedded in the training of English teachers for gifted programs. With a critical analysis of current English Education and English teacher training, the researcher points out some possible problems in English Education and English teacher training in South Korea. The researcher also points out possible problems in teaching English for Gifted Children. Based on the given problems, the researcher accordingly suggests available solution to English Education for gifted Children, and also better ways of English teacher training for gifted programs. The researcher suggests bilingual, production-based and convergence-based English education for gifted children and those English teachers for gifted children.
- Park, Jinkyu (2008). "Issues and Foreign Language(English) Gifted Education", Journal of The English Language and Literature, vol. 3 4, No.3, pp.223-246, 2008.
- Park, Jinkyu "Teaching English Gifted Children, Sejong: Joy House", 2016.
- Choi, Jaesung. "English Education, what is the alternative? policy Alternative for English Education through the analysis of English Village Cases" parliamentary inspection policy data", 2006
- Park, Jinkyu " Korean Parents in English Fever and Their 'Early-Study-Abroad' Children in the US: Parental Beliefs and Practices Concerning First Language Peers", Graduate School of Indiana University, 2007.
- J. M. Baily Literacy Development in Verbally Talented Children. In In J. VanTassel-Baska, D. T. Johnson, & L. N. Boyce (Eds.), Developing verbal talent: Ideas and strategies for teachers of elementary and middle school students (pp. 174-188). Allyn & Bacon: Needham Heights, MA", 1996.
- Cha, Yunjung et al.. "Theory and Practices of Convergence-based Education, Seoul: Hakjisa", 2014.
- Kim, Soyeon. "Development and Application of integrated English and science gifted program in elementary schools", The Journal of the Korean Society for the Gifted and Talented, vol.6. No. 1.,pp. 69-94, 2007.
- Cook, V. J. (1997). "Monolingual bias in second language acquisition research", Revista Canaria de Estudios Ingleses, Vol. 34, pp. 35-50, 1997.
- Cook, V. J. "Using the first language in the classroom." Canadian Modern Language Review, Vol. 57. No. 3), pp. 402-423, 2001. https://doi.org/10.3138/cmlr.57.3.402
- Ovando, C. J., Collier, V. P., & Combs, M. C. "Bilingual and ESL classrooms: Teaching in multicultural contexts, New York: McGraw-Hill Companies", 2003.
- Park, Jinkyu "Using Multicultural and Multilingual Materials for Gifted English Education" The Journal of the Korean Society for the Gifted and Talented Vol 8, No. 1, pp. 25-47, 2009.
- S. Y. Pi, M. S. Lee, Developing a Convergent Class Model of Augmented Reality and Art", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, 85-93, 2016.
- M. S. Lee & J. Y. Jang "Program Develope and Class Design for Convergence ICT and Character Education" Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 14 No. 9, pp. pp. 9-18, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.9
- J. M.. Lee, & H. K. Park "A Study on Cases for Application of Flipped Learning in K-12 Education" Journal of Digital Convergence", Vol. 14 No. 8, pp. pp. 19-36, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.19
- D. Y. Lee & J. H. Park "Exploring new Directions of Flipped Learning with a Focus on Teachers' Perceptions" Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 14 No. 8, pp. pp. 1-9, 2016.
- Kwon, Manwoo. "The Status Quo and Issues of Humanities and Social Studies-based Convergence-based Education" : Korean Journal of Exercise Rehabilitation conference proceedings, 2015.
- C. J. Bonk, M. M. Lee, T. C. Reeves, & T. H. Reynolds "MOOCs and Open Education Around the World' London: Routledge", 2015.
- N. Hamdan, P. McKnight, K. McKnight, K. M. Arfstrom, "A review of flipped learning. Flipped Learning Network", 2013.
- Spivy, N. N. (1987). Constructing constructivism: Reading research in the United States. Poetics, 16, pp. 169-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-422X(87)90024-6