- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Status of oral health care provided by care workers in accordance with their oral health awareness and knowledge
요양보호사의 구강보건인식 및 지식에 따른 구강보건제공현황
- Kim, Min-young (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Collage of Medical Science, Konyang University) ;
- Kang, Kyung-hee (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Collage of Medical Science, Konyang University)
- Received : 2016.11.20
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
By studying the status of oral health provided by caregivers working in care facilities in accordance with their oral health awareness and knowledge, this thesis sought to find a plan of development to enhance the oral health for the elderly in care facilities. A survey was carried out from the 16th of August to the 2nd of September 2016, with 200 care givers as the subjects, working in 14 long-term care facilities for elderly, located in the city of D. Frequency analysis and independent sample t-test were conducted of the collected data, using SPSS 18.0. The results of the study were as follows; for gender, female was 91.5% which was higher than that of male, and married for marital status, 50 for age, highschool for education, christian for religion were shown to be the highest. The highest number of people for daily care was 6~7. In terms of status for providing oral health and oral health awareness of caregivers, the existence of oral hygiene guideline was statistically meaningful, and in terms of the status of oral health provided and oral health knowledge, there were notable differences in storage of dentures, and usage of mouthwash(p<.05).
Convergence;Oral Health;Care worker;Oral health awareness;Oral health knowledge
- http://kostat.go.kr/wnsearch/search.jsp, 2011.
- Oh YH, "Relationship between objective healthstatus and self-perceived health of Korean older persons." Master' thesis, Hanyang University, 2005.
- Park MS, "Educational Needs in the Provision of Oral Care by Nursing Staff Long-term Care Facility for Elderly People." Journal of Geriatric Nursing, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 237, 2010.
- Xiaojing L, Kristin MK, Lief T, Ingar O, "Systemic disease caused by oral infection." Clinical Microbiology Reviews, Vol. 13, pp. 547-558, 2010.
- Kim KE, "Salivary Secretion oral care and relationship with bad breath." Central nursing journal, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 55-60, 2001.
- Back JU, "The Effect of Oral Health on Total Health and Quality of Life." Korean Health Research, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 81-89, 2012.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Care service for the elderly, 2010.
- Chang WS, "The Study of Care-Giver's Education and Management of Long-Term Care Insurance." Korea Elderly Welfare Society, Vol. 43, pp. 263, 2009.
- Park MS, "The Effect of oral health care education for care provider a long-term care facility." Master's thesis, Seoul National University, 2010.
- Thean H. Wong ML & Koh H, "Home staff in Singapore-a pilo study." Gerodontology, Vol. 24, pp. 58-63, 2207.
- Kim HS, "Effect of oral health management education for visiting care giver on elderly care recipients." Master's thesis, Wonkwang University, 2015.
- Kim CH, "Importance of Seniors'Oral Health Care Perceived by Workers in Welfae Facilities for the Aged." Master's thesis, Konyang University, 2014.
- Moon YM, "Oral health behavior factors related to care givers of elderly care facility." Master's thesis, Hanseo University, 2012.
- National Health Insurance Corporation Survey, 2014.
- http://www.cctoday.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=980466, 2016.
- Kim YH, "Attitude and Practice related to Oral Care of Geriatric Care Helpers." Master thesis, Kyungpook National University, 2011.
- Kim MH, "Oral condition's influence on elderly women's life satisfaction eongbuk: Department of Oriental Medicine." Master thesis, Daegu University, 2010.
- Mo HS, Choi KB, Kim JS, "Knowledge of Oral Health and lts Predictors in Nursing Staff of Long-term Care Institutions." Basic Nursing Science, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 428, 2008.
- Park JW, "The Suitable of the actual use of Care giver curriculum." Master's thesis, Kwangwoon University, 2009.
- Jang SH, "Effect of Oral Health Education on Oral Hygiene management of Certified Care givers is Elderly Care Facilities." Master's thesis, Wonkwang University, 2012.
- Kim JW, "Study on the Effect of oral Health Education on Oral hygiene status of the elderly." Master's thesis, Ajou University, 2016.